The Boys - Amazon superhero show

Well I appear to have found the UHD version (it has the UHD in the corner), but it keeps stopping and then dropping to sub HD.

It has to be bandwidth related, because as a test I just tried "All or Nothing Tottenham Hotspur", which of course no-one on the entire fucking planet is watching, and that's in perfect 4k.

Absolute fucking joke. Will wait until it's watchable. 

44 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Yeah fuck knows why amazon hasn't cracked the technology of making show quality adapt based on TV and bandwidth and instead force to seek out the separate 4k version. 

12 minutes ago, Vespa Alex said:

Have they finally sorted out adding a show once and it plays at the appropriate resolution rather than listing HD and 4K separately?

I could only see this on there once but it had a UHD icon

As I said a bit ago, no. They've still not done that. It's so dumb. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

Hmm, I searched for The Boys and only got one for each season. 
That’s using the Prime app on an LG OLED. 

Err... Something, something resolution raaaaaaarrrr!!! 

Really enjoying this season so far, loved some of the wall-breaking superhero critique going on and the new hero is pretty amazing!

This is such a weird show. I’ve watched the 3 that are out and I’m still not sure what the main plot is.

Spoiler

Is the whole thing about taking down Kimikos brother? All the rest of the plots seem so slight; Butchers wife, Milks children, Hughies revenge scheme (?) and whatever Frenchies storyline is. 

Some of the 7 are great - Homelander, Maeve and Stormfront are well played; Anthony Starr is particularly good, he has that great twitchy energy where he always seems to be on the edge of a meltdown. But the scenes with his wife and child are death. 

I am enjoying it, like the first season. But it’s missing something. 

11 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Yeah fuck knows why amazon hasn't cracked the technology of making show quality adapt based on TV and bandwidth and instead force to seek out the separate 4k version. 

I think was watching the non UHD one, the quality, as it was was this show when I watched it last, was fluctuating between crisp and terrible. That’s why I think this app is shit.

Am I being biff, or is there something you have to do to watch the show where subtitles are only on screen when English isn't being spoken? I had to manually put subtitles on and turn them off multiple times and it was a pain in the arse. I was expecting them to work as normal but Black Noir's little Syria jaunt there was nothing, and nothing when Kimiko was talking to XXXXXXX.

1 minute ago, Scruff said:

Am I being biff, or is there something you have to do to watch the show where subtitles are only on screen when English isn't being spoken? I had to manually put subtitles on and turn them off multiple times and it was a pain in the arse. I was expecting them to work as normal but Black Noir's little Syria jaunt there was nothing, and nothing when Kimiko was talking to XXXXXXX.

I had that problem. Same thing happened with the first episode of Star Trek Discovery a couple of years ago - I thought ‘that’s a bold artistic choice to have all these Klingons speaking their own language unsubbed.’ :facepalm:

13 hours ago, Vespa Alex said:

Have they finally sorted out adding a show once and it plays at the appropriate resolution rather than listing HD and 4K separately?

13 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

I thought they had done that? I watched The Grand Tour the other night which wasn't specifically listed as UHD/ 4K but it was definitely both of those things.

Spoiler

Poor Blindspot!

Watched the first two episodes. Getting the feeling that Homelander's going to get something of a comeuppance from his son, provoked into defending Becca.

Edit: in the third episode! Though it's interesting that he has powers, which implies that either he was dosed with Compound V (making Becca complicit or ignorant of the procedure) or that his powers are hereditary.

Quality was fine today. Enjoyed the three episodes. I too forgot how gratuitously violent it is, but it's on the right side of gratuity. ;)

Looking forward to seeing where this season goes. Stormfront is awesome.

Edit: On the right side, not not the right side. Fucking phone.

Same thing here with the subtitles. I’m watching on the Prime app on my Samsung TV, but had to switch the subtitles on for the relevant sections in episode 2 & 3.

Episode 3...

Spoiler

The whale!

:lol: