rllmuk
Goose

Christopher Nolan's Tenet - Espionage Movie - 17th July 2020

11 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

I was drunk when I took my seat in the Imax screening of Interstellar. I remember watching the scene with the dust and the book case and the girl who tells her daddy she's seen a ghost

I remember looking to the woman next to me and going "gee, I wonder if that ghost is her father trying to contact her from some parallel dimension"

We then sat for a fee more hours. And at the end, the woman next to me looked at me and went "yeah, thanks!"

Craig, mate.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Festoon said:

What a knob.

I didn't realise I was being a knob until I was proven right. I thought I was being a funny fucker. 

Hindsight isn't always 20/20 I guess.

30 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Well I'm a big fan of Nolan so well up for this. He hasn't made a truely bad film imo. A few 3/5s but nothing terrible.

Hating on him seems cool though I guess *shrugs*

I'm a huge Nolan fan. Following, Memento, Insomnia. Dudes a genius. As is his Brother, who never gets any accolades.

12 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

I was drunk when I took my seat in the Imax screening of Interstellar. I remember watching the scene with the dust and the book case and the girl who tells her daddy she's seen a ghost

I remember looking to the woman next to me and going "gee, I wonder if that ghost is her father trying to contact her from some parallel dimension"

We then sat for a few more hours. And at the end, the woman next to me looked at me and went "yeah, thanks!"

#DHOTYA

1 hour ago, kerraig UK said:

I didn't realise I was being a knob until I was proven right. I thought I was being a funny fucker. 

Hindsight isn't always 20/20 I guess.

Foresight.

• Upvote 1

On 20/12/2019 at 13:16, Stigweard said:

Well I'm a big fan of Nolan so well up for this. He hasn't made a truely bad film imo. A few 3/5s but nothing terrible.

Hating on him seems cool though I guess *shrugs*

I love Nolan. I always turn out on day one for his films. I just get a little disappointed when he never lives up to his own promise. Like Tarantino, he peaked with his first movie. 

Finally saw the trailer... intriguing, very intriguing. Hoping the final film is genuinely a head-scratcher that only improves with repeat viewings and not just an eye-catching gimmick.

BWARRRRMMMMP!

Also saw the prologue thing, I thought it was a weird Russian fascist propaganda film or something most of the way through due to the situation being almost a 1:1 of the Moscow theatre siege, the one where it went disastrous, because they a have a group of Americans amongst the special forces planting bombs. That story about their response to the Chernobyl series being about a CIA guy sabotaging the reactor was in my mind, before it turned into the trailer.

Not embedding for some reason. Anyway, latest trailer. Really looking forward to seeing this, in IMAX, someday! 

edit: There you go!

• Upvote 5

I hope this is a remake of the Backwards episode of Red Dwarf. I can't wait to see Nolan's CGI-realised take on this ambitious scene

Spoiler

image.png.32a78a19088133333e27af0eeea4d2aa.png

• Upvote 3

It looks decent but like with anything that has time travel in it (except Primer) it'll be full of plot holes which will irritate like sand under a fingernail.

3 hours ago, jonamok said:

That made me feel old. Literally no idea what was happening in any of the scenes.

I think this might be one of those films that's better the second time round, as looks bloody confusing. Maybe.

• Upvote 1

That's the first time I have seen a trailer in which they show clips of the directors previous films. Bit odd.

I'm sure this will be fine but that is a strangely unexciting trailer given how much (too much?) is going on.

On 22/05/2020 at 11:24, Timmo said:

It looks decent but like with anything that has time travel in it (except Primer) it'll be full of plot holes which will irritate like sand under a fingernail.

A dubious statement. The TerminatorTimecrimes, and Predestination were fine and cohesive throughout too.

The Terminator is probably the most famous example of a paradox I can think of, and that’s completely ignoring all the sequels.

That doesn't really matter because it's a stable loop. It always happened and that's fine. The second film starts the rot by changing outcomes and timelines but the first remains true to itself.

Christopher Nolan is living out the backstory of a clock-obsessed Batman villain. He's just got to fall in to a vat of film developing chemicals.

I’m so excited for this. I won’t deny that some of Nolan’s films have flaws, but as a mainstream director putting out intelligent blockbusters it’s only him and Denis Villeneuve who are up there in my opinion. 

I would love to see this in an IMAX, but I’d be amazed if any cinemas are open to full capacity before the end of the year. I get the feeling that both Nolan and WB would rather wait to get this into the cinemas but I really hope they can find a way to release this on VOD at the same time as well.