Benny

The Official Rllmuk Game of the Year Awards 2018 - Now Showing: Final Bonus and Poll

As a result of the awards, which top 20 game do you think you will now play?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've almost been tempted by AC Odyssey a few times - the only AC game I've ever bought before is 2, which was decent fun - but I can only manage or two open world games a year, and I'm well into BotW now.

14 hours ago, Wiper said:

Also, you can climb on a gigantic statue of Zeus's willy before you've even left the first island

The first time I brought up the map screen I noticed the option to look at pictures other players had taken. I checked two out. One turned out to be an upskirt shot of Kassandra, and the other was the PC hanging off of Zeus' old chap. Video Gamers.

• Upvote 2

Odyssey is the first AC game I've been vaguely interested in since Black Flag, although I didn't manage to see that through to the end before getting bored, so Wiper's comments about this one being too long as well put me off somewhat.

19 hours ago, Wiper said:

Also, you can climb on a gigantic statue of Zeus's willy before you've even left the first island.

Made even better as they acknowledged everyone would.

D2B13786-B23D-4EBA-A3E5-E70D0160DCFD.thumb.jpeg.ae1c7570393b58ffc41be511ee119522.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I opted to stick Wipeout in my "best supported game from pre-2018" slot instead, but it's definitely worth a look if you're a fan of Wipeout and own the headset. :) 

Omega VR, like Rush of Blood, gives me the dippy tummies when going over bumps but never enough to make me feel sick, more like a very mild roller-coaster.

Any flying sim so far though has made my retinas detach as I vom all over the living room. At least that’s how it feels.

For anyone wondering, today's game should be up in half an hour - it's all written up, but I've been stuck away from home all day and am finally on the bus home.

13 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I this new multi-person write-up structure. It's like Rllmuk's answer to Bits.

Benny = stern Emily

Wiper = Aleks

So Jolly is either Claudia or Bouff.

I will happily take being compared to Aleks Krotoski any day of the week.

Nah, Monster Hunter is proper shite. It's fucking criminal that it gets rated ahead of Wipeout VR. 

Seriously, fucking hell. Not enough Picard facepalms in the world for that. :facepalm:

• Downvote 21

That is an awesome review, Wiper. These lists are great for inspiring new avenues of interest. I've always wanted to try a Monster Hunter game and you summed up everything beautifully. Your journey arc has pretty much said it all so I don't have to play it.

This is not sarcasm, I genuinely feel your description has saved me a lot of time for other games which will follow.

• Upvote 1

On 01/02/2019 at 07:00, Wiper said:

11. Forza Horizon 4

“sentient car drives itself to victory”

I've been laughing on and off for the last 5 minutes   on this line alone. Bravo.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

It was an encouragement to Thor to explain his statement. 

"It's the children who are wrong.jpg" is all the explanation you need.

• Upvote 2

I've always found the 'I don't like the game, therefore it's shit' mentality weird. I don't like Monster Hunter at all, but I can appreciate it has it's fans and had a stellar 2018. Fair play to the series. 

• Upvote 5

I thought I didn’t like Monster Hunter - I tried a couple of the PSP games and that was enough - but I actually enjoyed my time with the beta of World, and I should probably get around to checking out the full game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pob said:

I’ve never played Monster Hunter, but imagine reading that carefully crafted and imaginatively written review and dropping a neg because you happen to not like the game. 

I was rather drunk last night. I have removed the neg, @Wiper my apologies. 

I stand by my comment, though. :coffee: 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Stanshall said:

It was an encouragement to Thor to explain his statement. 

Ah! Sorry, I can be a bit thick at times.