Benny

The Official Rllmuk Game of the Year Awards 2018 - Now Showing: Final Bonus and Poll

As a result of the awards, which top 20 game do you think you will now play?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

What what what.

My top 5 had Hollow Knight, Astro Bot, GOW and RDR2.

Sorry, must be because it was a late entry. I'll edit it now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Benny said:

Binning your games consoles I guess?

Must admit, I've played all the games I want to play out of the Top 20 so I would have preferred a 'None of the Above' option. 

This thread has persuaded me to go back to Prey, though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

24 minutes ago, Benny said:

Binning your games consoles I guess?

Nah. I’ve played everything I wanted in the top 20 with the exception of Hollow Knight which I’m part way through. The awards haven’t suddenly made me want to go out and buy something that I hadn’t played.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Not sure how to respond to those people who have played all the top 20 games. Possibly cynically, possibly ludicrously, but mainly jealousy. Oh for a time where a minimum of 1000+ hours of gaming a year was a thing. Actually 3 hours a day every day for a year is a lot, but I guess many years ago not that unusual for me.

2 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Not sure how to respond to those people who have played all the top 20 games. Possibly cynically, possibly ludicrously, but mainly jealousy. Oh for a time where a minimum of 1000+ hours of gaming a year was a thing. Actually 3 hours a day every day for a year is a lot, but I guess many years ago not that unusual for me.

Who said they'd played all 20 games?!?

Just now, mdn2 said:

Who said they'd played all 20 games?!?

I think I own all 20.

Never going to play them all, obviously...

Spoiler

I have 9, still haven't played astrobot yet...

I went back to try out Celeste again after the review was posted. I will now eternally refer to it as 'that hateful little game'. It just pushes all the wrong buttons in me and makes me want to be physically violent.

I can see how the gameplay loop grabs other people but oh man it just makes me oh so very very angry.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

I went back to try out Celeste again after the review was posted. I will now eternally refer to it as 'that hateful little game'. It just pushes all the wrong buttons in me and makes me want to be physically violent.

I can see how the gameplay loop grabs other people but oh man it just makes me oh so very very angry.

Same here. It has that Super meat Boy type masochism to it. I can see why people like it, but after playing these types of games for the entire 80's I can't face anymore.

• Upvote 2

This list is not the same as my list, and I’m livid.

Apart from that, thank you to all those who took the time out to collate the scores, collect and edit the feedback and write up the entries. It was a fantastic read, and as with last year it will make me pick up a few games I would have otherwise missed. It might even make me have another go at Hollow Knight (you can do it Nick, you are a competent gamer really, you don’t need to be scared any more). I think the addition of more writers has made it a little more lively this year, as wonderful as Benny’s solo efforts have been in previous years.

A roaring success, I say. Chin-chin.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Must admit, I've played all the games I want to play out of the Top 20 so I would have preferred a 'None of the Above' option. 

This thread has persuaded me to go back to Prey, though. 

Prey is my main one too.

On 11/02/2019 at 13:31, Benny said:

Last year's awards for those who missed it:

Just a note on this - I never take part in these polls as I only buy about three games a year, but it was your write up of BOTW that made me decide to acquire and play it Benny, so well done, I have been playing it for something like 320 hours now, with no sign of stopping - a period of time almost as long as it takes to read this entire sentence.

• Upvote 5