Resident Evil TV series

11 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I don’t understand why they can’t just do a low-key zombie movie set in the mansion, which loosely follows the plot of the first game.

It’s not hard, is it?

It would get pretty boring watching them push a statue to find a jewel to attach to a key which they have to backtrack to the main hall to use. 

Plus, seeing the main character store a shittonne of weaponry while surviving on a pistol and knife would get frustrating. 

• 1 year later...

Wesker kids? :facepalm:

Edit: Synopsis nicked from IGN:

After more than a year of speculation about the possibility of Netflix developing a Resident Evil series, the streaming giant has finally confirmed that a live-action adaptation of Capcom's legendary survival-horror franchise is in the works.According to Netflix, Resident Evil will tell a brand new story across two timelines. Here's how Netflix describes the Resident Evil show in a brief synopsis:

"In the first timeline, fourteen-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker are moved to New Raccoon City. A manufactured, corporate town, forced on them right as adolescence is in full swing. But the more time they spend there, the more they come to realize that the town is more than it seems and their father (editor's note: Albert Wesker, we presume!) may be concealing dark secrets. Secrets that could destroy the world. Cut to the second timeline, well over a decade into the future: there are less than fifteen million people left on Earth. And more than six billion monsters -- people and animals infected with the T-virus. Jade, now thirty, struggles to survive in this New World, while the secrets from her past - about her sister, her father, and herself - continue to haunt her."

Wesker Babies, we make our dreams come true
Wesker Babies, we'll do the same for you
When your city looks kinda weird and you wish that you weren't there
Just close your eyes and make believe and you can be anywhere!

As if Wesker would have kids! He has no time for the pleasures of the flesh.

If the kids are actually androids that don’t realise it or something I’ll give it a pass.

S1E05 Chad Redfield has finally asked Jade to the Halloween Dance, but finding the perfect dress will have to wait as a Tyrant is rampaging through Raccoon Mall. Billie discovers a tame Licker in the garage and quickly becomes friends with it.

5 minutes ago, ZOK said:

As if Wesker would have kids! He has no time for the pleasures of the flesh.

If the kids are actually androids that don’t realise it or something I’ll give it a pass.

Nah man, he banged his Claire clone and had a kid.

2 hours ago, robotattack said:

Wesker kids? :facepalm:

"In the first timeline, fourteen-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker are moved to New Raccoon City. A manufactured, corporate town, forced on them right as adolescence is in full swing. But the more time they spend there, the more they come to realize that the town is more than it seems and their father (editor's note: Albert Wesker, we presume!) may be concealing dark secrets. Secrets that could destroy the world. Cut to the second timeline, well over a decade into the future: there are less than fifteen million people left on Earth. And more than six billion monsters -- people and animals infected with the T-virus. Jade, now thirty, struggles to survive in this New World, while the secrets from her past - about her sister, her father, and herself - continue to haunt her."

So... they're remaking Wayward Pines.

Is it too much to ask for a miniseries about unsuspecting zombie fodder tackling nasties in a spooky mansion?

4 hours ago, James Lyon said:

Hopefully they get the B-movie schlock aspect, at least.

Have you read that massive Resident Evil mega-timeline, by the way? Amazing stuff: http://residentevilpodcast.com/timeline/

Blinking flip! I thought I’d have a quick dip into the 2000-2004 section, I read for a while and then realised I was only on page 17 of 303!

14 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Blinking flip! I thought I’d have a quick dip into the 2000-2004 section, I read for a while and then realised I was only on page 17 of 303!

Yeah, a lot of detail. I really want to read it all, though!