rllmuk
mdn2

Wargroove - Medieval Advance Wars. Out Now on Switch/PC/Xbox One. £15.99

Played the first few tutorial missions on lunch, and so far so good. Each unit has a condition under which they perform a critical hit which adds a nice wrinkle to proceedings. 

The artwork is delightful and the lore and codex entries are nicely written. Can’t wait to put more time into it. 

Someone here said they'd refund my £10 for Tiny Metal if Wargroove came out.... don't think I have forgotten. I just cannot remember who you are and I am too lazy to search.

13 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

So which ones have you had bought for you/got for free?

What Remains of Edith Finch (free from Epic)

Deponia: The Complete Journey (free from Humble Bundle)

then Arkanoid Plus! and Bonsai Barber with Wii shop points that had been bought at some point prior to 2014.

It’s good. The base heal mechanic is different than iirc Advance Wars (can’t occupy a base space, heal one point each turn). And pay to heal units. 

Seems like a nice amendment. 

10 minutes ago, deKay said:

What Remains of Edith Finch (free from Epic)

Deponia: The Complete Journey (free from Humble Bundle)

then Arkanoid Plus! and Bonsai Barber with Wii shop points that had been bought at some point prior to 2014.

Wha aren't you buying games?

16 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Yeah, but you've finished them all, haven't you?

Last year was the best bought:completed ratio I've ever had. Hoping to complete more than I buy this year, for the first time ever.

Back to Wargroove..... on the third mission and enjoying it so far. 

Question: can you save mid battle? Just had to stop playing quickly and couldn’t see anything but hoping I just missed it. 

Actually, I added those 4 games to my database last night, and I've now got 3003 games.

I've completed approximately 1000 of them, although some of them I've completed many, many times.

3 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

Back to Wargroove..... on the third mission and enjoying it so far. 

Question: can you save mid battle? Just had to stop playing quickly and couldn’t see anything but hoping I just missed it. 

There's an Exit option in the Mission menu. I was about to test it but I'm near the end of a mission. I'll try at the start of the next one.

I'm on chapter 2 mission 1 now. It's obviously very like Advance Wars, but there are enough little differences to stop it being a complete rip-off. I suppose it's exactly what it looked like it would be.

And it's so suited to handheld mode. I started on the TV and it didn't quite feel right. Changed over to handheld and it really seems built for the small screen.