rllmuk
mdn2

Wargroove - Medieval Advance Wars. Out Now on Switch/PC/Xbox One. £15.99

1 minute ago, LaveDisco said:

I worry they kept delaying this to throw more in, not polish what was there.

When I spoke to them at EGX, they said that for the last 9 months or so (basically all of 2018 up to that point) was spent testing and polishing, tweaking balance, AI and level layouts. It was mostly "feature complete" (bar, IIRC, the level editor) aaaaaaaaages ago.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Into the Breach is nothing like Advance Wars, besides being turn- and tile-based.

Fixed that for you. ItB is great, but extremely distinct from Advance Wars in basically all aspects of its design.

• Upvote 5

Saying that, it's got an 88% average on Opencritic. Eurogamer seem to be the outlier, really. Hype (moderately) restored. 

32 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Saying that, it's got an 88% average on Opencritic. Eurogamer seem to be the outlier, really. Hype (moderately) restored. 

Reading that review I'm not worried - read the Nintendolife one if you need da hype.

I'd rather not. If it's not up to scratch I'm going to be bitterly disappointed. I don't want to risk increasing the hype level. 

Don't worry mate, I'm sure it'll be fine (although I'm basing this on nothing but blind optimism and wishful thinking given that, like you, I've preordered and paid for it).

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, mdn2 said:

I'd rather not. If it's not up to scratch I'm going to be bitterly disappointed. I don't want to risk increasing the hype level. 

You definitely don’t need to be worried, unless they’ve somehow made it considerably worse than it was a few months back.

(They haven’t).

10 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

So do we know what time this will unlock in the U.K.?

No, but it’s usually 2pm.

• Upvote 1

Just now, gossi the dog said:

Does Xbox Play Anywhere mean that I can download it to both PC and Xbox and then transfer progress between the two?

Yes.

• Upvote 1

Guess who left their Switch at home... It's going to be an even longer wait than usual for Friday to end!

• Empathy 1

Oof! That was my yesterday, but today I get to finish at 18:00! And then have to write today's GOTY entry. But, you know, when that's done I can finally play Wargroove!

I put the Switch on this morning, hoping it would be available to buy, then saw it was still pre-order. Checked in here, and believed @deKay saying ti would be 2pm. Therefore, my Switch is still at home.

Bugger.