rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
ryodi

Dark Souls Trilogy Collectors Edition limited to 2000 units

I'm not a fan of Dark Souls but I do enjoy seeing what publishers think they can get away with when it comes to the ultra expensive collectors edition. 

https://store.bandainamcoent.eu/uk/product/526642/dark-souls-trilogy-collector-s-edition-ps4?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ds-trilogy-announcement-19012019

dstrilogy.thumb.jpg.9ef3b474009301f8512341987ead78d9.jpg

Features

Get the ultimate and most collectible edition for Dark Souls 

DARK SOULS™ TRILOGY: Includes Dark Souls™ Remastered, Dark Souls™ II: Scholar of The First Sin, Dark Souls™ III: The Fire Fades™, all DLC content for all 3 games

ELITE KNIGHT AT THE BONFIRE STATUE: 34x16x27.5cm numbered high quality painted figure with bonfire

460 PAGE DARK SOULS™ TRILOGY COMPENDIUMThe ultimate Dark Souls™ Trilogy Compendium, by Future Press. Complete items, equipment, enemies, areas and NPC dialogues are all presented for easy reference. Includes exclusive illustrated maps of all areas, bookmark ribbon, and limited art prints.

DARK SOULS™ TRILOGY SOUNDTRACK: featuring 6 soundtrack CDs with music from all three games

All yours for just £449.99. I know there are a lot of Dark Souls fans on this forum, any takers?

I'd buy that book with the art prints and stuff separately, but that price and the statue aren't really for me. Also I already have all three games, and all the DLC.

• Upvote 1

CE prices are absurd now. Resi 2 £229.99. Mortal Kombat 11 £279.99 (X was £89.99) then this. When the collectors editions cost more than the console to play them on you have to laugh. 

• Upvote 1

They know enough of the mugs who will pay £100 for some tat will pay £400 for some slightly fancier tat. 

I'd love to know what that statue is made of. I'd be wanting really nice porcelain or bronze at that price, but it will probably be plastic. 

The compendium book in the box sounds big given that it's 460 pages long, but the Future guide for Dark Souls was nearly 400 pages long in itself. I can't see that book being anything more than an edited version of the guide for all three games (although the guide for Dark Souls III was by Prima rather than Future Press, so maybe there's some different stuff in there. Maybe they've just taken extracts from the Prima guide, which was flipping awful).

I have never bought a collectors edition of any game but if there was one game series that could twist my arm it would be Dark Souls. Fucking love the lore and the style. But £450 nah. Still a lovely thing and I'm sure they'll go within 10 minutes of being on sale. There's a lot of crazy Souls fanatics out there.

It is bloody dear isn't it, I mean there's no way it's worth anything like that. Even the games on their own can't be much more than £50 all in. You're paying £400 for a book, audio CD's and statue - it should be a bronze miniature at that price.

Even the standard game is overpriced TBH at £54.99 as you could pick them up separately for way less than that. Still want it though , sure it'll be £30 on base after a week or two.

7 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Curtis will buy one of each language

Yes, but since it's literally the same games with a new hat, I mean, in a new package - he won't be able to earn any achievements again.

Didn't Bamco already put out a DaS collection not too long ago?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Didn't Bamco already put out a DaS collection not too long ago?

They released Dark Souls Trilogy in the US last year. They're now putting it out in Europe, which this is part of.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

The book sounds like a print out of the Dark Souls wiki. Who even wants shit like that in their house?

The little book that came with the Demon's Souls US CE was more or less a printed version of the fan wiki that had built up as a result of the English language Asian import. Bandai Namco can be rather shameless.

1 hour ago, PyramidFace said:

They released Dark Souls Trilogy in the US last year. They're now putting it out in Europe, which this is part of.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up - I didn't put it past Bamco to shamelessly repackage DaS every year or so. 

I personally don't understand the statue thing but to each their own. 

What seems to be strange is these limited (to far more than they think they can sell) editions seem to have a value heavily attached to the hype that can be generated by a game's release.  I'm under the impression they all get sold off for less than half price under a year later once either the distributors or retailers get sick of warehousing them. They never retain any value as far as I can tell, are any of these statues in demand on the second hand / collector's market? Is there a collector's market? If there's a surplus of stock and these things were actually worth buying, wouldn't they keep selling even some time after release? Gaming is like pop music, people only care about the top ten that week. 

Depends on the game, I imagine. Dark Souls has a pretty committed, passionate and enduring community who are still discussing these games and keeping the online scene alive with regular events.

I agree in general, though. I can never understand buying these things for the annual release factory line kind of games. Then again, my mate can't understand why I've gone all digital this gen. He thinks it's money down the toilet. 

Ridiculous price. I love the series but I'd never go for that. Over the years I've had all three Dark Souls Design Works books (art books) for between 20 - 30 each. All packed with artwork and the odd interview, and each one has grown in size compared to the previous one. I'd say that's a far better investment for any fan. 

• Upvote 1