rllmuk
papalazarou

Ghostbusters - Jason Reitman to direct sequel to Ghostbusters 2

I think true fans can relax, this isn't going to be a repeat of Answer the Call. Disclaimer: I really liked Answer the Call but I also really liked The Last Jedi and Dragon Age 2 so....

https://www.themarysue.com/jason-reitman-ghostbusters-back-to-fans/

On an episode of Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast, Reitman said, “We are, in every way, trying to go back to the original technique and hand the movie back to the fans.” In case you had any doubts as to what he means by that, he also said, “I’m not making the Juno of Ghostbusters movies.”

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/02/im-already-sick-of-this/

“This is going to be a love letter to Ghostbusters,” said Reitman, son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman. “I love this franchise. I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan. I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”

• Upvote 1

It's what the real fans have wanted all along although there's still some concerns amongst some fans along the lines of

-Where's Ernie Hudson? 

-Why can't they convince Rick Moranis to come out of retirement?

(And some grumbling that Bill Murray should have said yes sooner before Harold passed away.)

All in all though things are looking good for the fans.

5 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

It's what the real fans have wanted all along although there's still some concerns amongst some fans along the lines of

-Where's Ernie Hudson? 

-Why can't they convince Rick Moranis to come out of retirement?

(And some grumbling that Bill Murray should have said yes sooner before Harold passed away.)

All in all though things are looking good for the fans.

This is what pisses me off more than anything. Nearly 30 years of saying no and now he says yes when they're all too old to reprise their roles properly as the main team and with one of them having passed away.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

This is what pisses me off more than anything. Nearly 30 years of saying no and now he says yes when they're all too old to reprise their roles properly as the main team and with one of them having passed away.

See also Harrison Ford waiting far too long to agree to Indy 4.

Having seen Labor Day last week I am well up for Reitman Jnr directing this new one

21 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Of note Sony appears to be distancing themselves from the last film. Look at the language there. “Accepted” rather than “Answered.”

That’s because it was a reverse charge call. The studio is still trying to claw back the money spent on the last one...

Thought they’d be very cool to have as a desk ornament until I clicked on the link. Yeah, expensive undersells it.

They are nice though.

That is some crazy pricing for some figures that aren't even poseable. The colours are spot on though.

I loved The Real Ghostbusters, had the fire station and countless figures and collected the Marvel UK comics. Probably worth a fortune now.

I rewatched the 2016 one the other day. It's half a great reimagining and half an awful ad lib "comedy"

What an odd, if interesting film. I did hate the Hemsworth character though, I just wanted to punch him the whole time he was on screen

• Downvote 2

On 11/07/2019 at 22:25, glb said:

Thought they’d be very cool to have as a desk ornament until I clicked on the link. Yeah, expensive undersells it.

On 12/07/2019 at 12:48, Jg15 said:

That is some crazy pricing for some figures that aren't even poseable. The colours are spot on though.

Yeah it’s crazy expensive, although in the market of collectible statues, they regularly sell individual movie and gaming figures for £1000 each, so in some respects it’s a... great deal? :sherlock:

Meanwhile, GB: Rust City first cast shot:

• Upvote 1