Jump to content
rllmuk
papalazarou

Ghostbusters - Jason Reitman to direct sequel to Ghostbusters 2

Recommended Posts

I think true fans can relax, this isn't going to be a repeat of Answer the Call. Disclaimer: I really liked Answer the Call but I also really liked The Last Jedi and Dragon Age 2 so....

 

https://www.themarysue.com/jason-reitman-ghostbusters-back-to-fans/

 

Quote

On an episode of Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast, Reitman said, “We are, in every way, trying to go back to the original technique and hand the movie back to the fans.” In case you had any doubts as to what he means by that, he also said, “I’m not making the Juno of Ghostbusters movies.”

 

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/02/im-already-sick-of-this/

 

Quote

“This is going to be a love letter to Ghostbusters,” said Reitman, son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman. “I love this franchise. I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan. I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's what the real fans have wanted all along although there's still some concerns amongst some fans along the lines of

 

-Where's Ernie Hudson? 

-Why can't they convince Rick Moranis to come out of retirement?

 

(And some grumbling that Bill Murray should have said yes sooner before Harold passed away.)

 

All in all though things are looking good for the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

It's what the real fans have wanted all along although there's still some concerns amongst some fans along the lines of

 

-Where's Ernie Hudson? 

-Why can't they convince Rick Moranis to come out of retirement?

 

(And some grumbling that Bill Murray should have said yes sooner before Harold passed away.)

 

All in all though things are looking good for the fans.

 

This is what pisses me off more than anything. Nearly 30 years of saying no and now he says yes when they're all too old to reprise their roles properly as the main team and with one of them having passed away.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

 

This is what pisses me off more than anything. Nearly 30 years of saying no and now he says yes when they're all too old to reprise their roles properly as the main team and with one of them having passed away.

See also Harrison Ford waiting far too long to agree to Indy 4.

 

Having seen Labor Day last week I am well up for Reitman Jnr directing this new one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Of note Sony appears to be distancing themselves from the last film. Look at the language there. “Accepted” rather than “Answered.”

That’s because it was a reverse charge call. The studio is still trying to claw back the money spent on the last one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought they’d be very cool to have as a desk ornament until I clicked on the link. Yeah, expensive undersells it.

 

They are nice though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is some crazy pricing for some figures that aren't even poseable. The colours are spot on though.

 

I loved The Real Ghostbusters, had the fire station and countless figures and collected the Marvel UK comics. Probably worth a fortune now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rewatched the 2016 one the other day. It's half a great reimagining and half an awful ad lib "comedy"

 

What an odd, if interesting film. I did hate the Hemsworth character though, I just wanted to punch him the whole time he was on screen

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 22:25, glb said:

Thought they’d be very cool to have as a desk ornament until I clicked on the link. Yeah, expensive undersells it.

 

On 12/07/2019 at 12:48, Jg15 said:

That is some crazy pricing for some figures that aren't even poseable. The colours are spot on though.

 

 

Yeah it’s crazy expensive, although in the market of collectible statues, they regularly sell individual movie and gaming figures for £1000 each, so in some respects it’s a... great deal? :sherlock:

 

Meanwhile, GB: Rust City first cast shot:

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.