rllmuk
papalazarou

Ghostbusters -Afterlife

It’s a fresh story that ties into the old ones. It’s been too long for Ghostbusters 3, would be commercial suicide for a younger demographic. Also TVG serves as a GB3.

It seems like Afterlife will resonate with the characters and themes of the movie. What other options are better? I can think of plenty of worse ones.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

It’s a fresh story that ties into the old ones. It’s been too long for Ghostbusters 3, would be commercial suicide for a younger demographic. Also TVG serves as a GB3.

It seems like Afterlife will resonate with the characters and themes of the movie. What other options are better? I can think of plenty of worse ones.

The Ghostbusters

Yeah hard to take much away from that - just confirms everything that already leaked.

Would’ve made more impact if GB16 didn’t exist - and the CGI still look too saturated and cartoony. 

Ok, I had goosebumps.

That Ecto-1 sound gets my hairs standing on end every. fucking. time.

Day 1, pre-order confirmed, take all my fucking money!

Girl with glasses is definitely a relation of Egon!

• Upvote 2

The piano cue that's just 3 notes made the hairs on my arms stand up. 

And the CG looks like the effects from the original. It's not a coincidence/poor design choice they're that saturated and garish.

• Upvote 1

It looks like a lower key, small town story -  but that maybe exactly what the franchise needs. Jason Reitman knows how to do great small stories with really great characters. And let's face it - he properly knows more about Ghostbusters than anyone currently working in Hollywood (having grown up on the sets of the originals).

I think this film is going to surprise everyone.

• Upvote 2

Right, It's been a while since I've watched the originals, so didnt have a clue who Shandor Was :facepalm:

Just read up on it now, and my interest levels are even higher now.

Potential big plot spoiler, conjecture, wild speculation, but everything we’ve seen convinces me it’s going to be the case:

Paul Rudd has been cast against type and will be the surprise antagonist of the movie. His character’s back story is he arrives to investigate the earthquakes, but I bet he’s really involved with the Shandor mining company and wants to get at the GB equipment.

I mean, his name’s Grooberman.

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

You can tell from the first shot she's in that the girl is a Spengler.

It's Ghostbusters X Stranger Things X Tremors.

I like it?

(Also, was that thing that jumps on the car Zuul or Vinz?)

"there's not been a Ghost sighting in 30 years"

Are they just pretending that the last film doesn't exist?  I am, it was fucking terrible.

This actually looks really good, looking forward to it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2