Ghostbusters -Afterlife

papalazarou

Ouch. 1 star in the Guardian. They also completely spoil something by saying they won't spoil it and then give a glaringly obvious clue on what they're not meant to be spoiling. Which, to be fair, was to do more complaining about it.

18 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Ouch. 1 star in the Guardian. They also completely spoil something by saying they won't spoil it and then give a glaringly obvious clue on what they're not meant to be spoiling. Which, to be fair, was to do more complaining about it.

I have a feeling I know what that's going to be, and, if I'm right, put the film straight in FUCK IT RIGHT IN THE BIN.

Spoiler

Of course, truefans, being ghouls themselves, will love it.

24 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Wow, yeah, he really doesn't like it. Although "a guileless, earnest Amblin knockoff" is exactly what the trailer made it look like it would be, so not a huge surprise.

And fucking hell, if that thing he spoils is what I think it is...

36 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Bradshaw?

Edit: nope! :unsure:

10 minutes ago, robotattack said:

Not really the audience for it, is he?

He also gave The Mandalorian 2/5

But it is a crude-ish comedy featuring Saturday Night Live alumni doing sci-fi-flavored shtick!

22 hours ago, James Lyon said:

Oof!! Although, the trailer I saw before Bond the other day didn't fill me with a need to see this new film.

On 27/07/2021 at 17:53, Gambit said:

I may have already said this in the thread before but......they're going to have a CGI ghost of Egon save the kids aren't they?

I think I may have been onto something here....

12 hours ago, Vespa Alex said:

Den Of Geek gave it a really good review. 

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/ghostbusters-afterlife-review/

Essentially the review is “want to see a lower tier 1980s Amblin produced kids version of Poltergeist with the Ghosbusters name stuck on it? This is the film for you”

I can see why this will get very mixed reviews, I don’t think anyone who saw the original ever thought “I hope there’s a sequel with none of the actual Ghostbusters and lots of small town Americana schmaltz while a group of kids have to learn life lessons”

It just feels like a Netflix commissioned  piece of content filler. 

What the fuck is going on with the release date for this?

Not only is it out a year late because of Covid, but it’s coming out on November 18th meaning it’s missing the Halloween window, which just seems crazy. And reviews have already dropped!

This should be hitting cinemas tomorrow, surely!?

2 hours ago, Mystacon said:

What the fuck is going on with the release date for this?

Not only is it out a year late because of Covid, but it’s coming out on November 18th meaning it’s missing the Halloween window, which just seems crazy. And reviews have already dropped!

This should be hitting cinemas tomorrow, surely!?

Sony put Venom in the Halloween window, which turned out alright for them in the States at least.

But yeah, reviews dropping over a month before release feels odd. It wasn’t NDAed when we saw it, unlike [redacted]

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed my local Polish shop has some copyright-evading sweets with a lookalike of Slimer from The Real Ghostbusters. (Depressing to think that in retrospect, The Real Ghostbusters was the high watermark of the GB franchise beyond the original film, but there we go.)
70F2F51A-A6A3-42CD-A9C3-817D7C2778E9.thumb.jpeg.1f118dc7b83958187709ff19a46d3e44.jpeg