rllmuk
papalazarou

Ghostbusters -Afterlife

That looks just like how you should do a soft reboot/ sequel after so long. 

Almost too much and in a way that makes me worried it will all go to shit somehow because Sony will still want to shoehorn as much product placement in as possible. 

Fingers crossed because that's a really good trailer and the difference in tone and feel (in regards to actually being a part of the original 2) is just so different to 2016's it's almost embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

"there's not been a Ghost sighting in 30 years"

Are they just pretending that the last film doesn't exist?  I am, it was fucking terrible.

This actually looks really good, looking forward to it.

As much as I liked Answer the Call it's now officially non-cannon (or at least alternate universe.)

11 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

"there's not been a Ghost sighting in 30 years"

Are they just pretending that the last film doesn't exist? 

In this universe, yes. Just as that film didn't acknowledge the original two films existed in any meaningful way.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Unofficial Who said:

As much as I liked Answer the Call it's now officially non-cannon (or at least alternate universe.)

Right, so they made the film as the third in the series and as it wasn't very good (no offense) they just pretend it was a completely different story even though it had so many references to the original. Oh well.  

I really do need to watch number 2 again, I don't think I have seen it since it was released.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

Right, so they made the film as the third in the series and as it wasn't very good (no offense) they just pretend it was a completely different story even though it had so many references to the original. Oh well.  

They're not really references, they're similar actions, events and characters. In the same way a parallel universe would be.

Think of it as an episode of Sliders.

• Upvote 3

Just now, deKay said:

They're not really references, they're similar actions, events and characters. In the same way a parallel universe would be.

Think of it as an episode of Sliders.

Hmmmmmm  ok

To be honest I don't really want to think of it at all.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

I really do need to watch number 2 again, I don't think I have seen it since it was released.

“There hasn’t been a ghost

sighting in 30 years...” is a pretty clear statement of intent.

The new one looks great. I’m all in.

2 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

Hmmmmmm  ok

To be honest I don't really want to think of it at all.

You don’t need to. Answer the Call is now as cannon to the Ghostbusters universe as Highlander 2 is to the Highlander universe. I.e not at all cannon or recognised.

The surviving original ghostbusters are meant to appear in this aren't they as their original characters?

If that is the case it is a very brave trailer to pretty much not feature them - not go for the cheap nostalgia. Yes I know they used car and props etc but kept their powder dry not showing the original actors. Braver than Force Awakens was , it splashed Han all over the trailer :D

Loved it - cautiously optimistic!

• Upvote 1

Ghostbusters: Stranger Things

Looks really fun and I'm a fan of Stranger Things so this is fine and not a problem, but I still kinda just wanted to see a bunch of hapless 40 something year olds tackle ghosts again.

• Upvote 1

Awww, there was me thinking it WAS slimer :doh:

In addition - I see Slimer as part of Ghostbusters. He was in both originals films (and the other one we dont talk about), and he was their 'pet' in the cartoon series. He deserves to be in it as much as the main cast, Ecto - 1, proton packs etc. 

Leave Slimer alone.

I'll give you Stay puft though... he has been milked dry.

12 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Awww, there was me thinking it WAS slimer :doh:

Looks like some sort of baby ghost in a similar style. Perhaps they’ll explain the lore behind how ghosts look if Egon is going to be present somehow.

If this film is a success and gets sequels - I’d ideally like them lead towards a Real Ghostbusters setup with Slimer. 

Once the premise and characters are established I could watch one of these movies every couple of years. Also a Netflix series.

5 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

No ghosts for thirty years? Did the Real Ghostbusters take a world tour of something?

Cartoon is a different universe isn't it? Same goes for the IDW comics. 

And now the 2016 movie. 

IDW comics well worth a read btw. 

Oh and the Co writer Gil Kenan didn't he do Monster house which was a pretty good film. And yes I did that without using IMDB.

Like we used to in the old days.