rllmuk
wev

Best New Music 2019

On 14/06/2019 at 13:22, deerokus said:

Bruce Springsteen has a new album out and it's very very good. 

This is wonderful.  If you like Nebraska, you'll love this, albeit relocated to the SW USA rather than the New Jersey Turnpike.  Springsteen has never sounded so good (disclosure - I've missed a whole chunk of his career post those duel releases in 92).  The arrangements are perfect too.  Lovely summer evening listening.

If timeless warehouse music and bass-heavy rave revivalism is your thing, there's a fair chance you already own some Soundbwoy Killah records. Whether you do or not, we'd heartily recommend checking the shadowy producer's debut album, "Halcyon Daze". It's little less than a breathless, saucer-eyed romp through heady fusions of dreamy UK garage, melodious jazzy jungle, loved-up breakbeat hardcore, African-influenced tribal percussion and gargantuan low-end pressure. It's all arguably a little more relaxed and sunrise-ready than some of his 12" singles - this is an album, after all - but that's not a criticism: in fact, the album's sporadic ambient moments are uniformly excellent, sounding like long lost early 90s classics. [Juno Downloads]

Not sure if shameless self-promotion is allowed, or if indeed this should be bothering a 'best of' thread, but here goes anyway. I started this album about 4 years ago and it took me a couple to make something I was happy with. It wasn't an attempt to create anything that was going to garner millions of listens or anything like that, but more of a personal challenge to get a cohesive body of work from ideas I'd had or bits I'd sketched down and release it. Big up if you give it some time. Making music is bloody difficult.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, acidbearboy said:

Anywhere else I can stream that? It’s not on Deezer, which I currently use. 

I've just added it to Deezer, although it may take a few days to appear, I'm not too sure. If you're in a rush I'll send the files. :-)

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Listening to your album now @Art Vandelay thanks for sharing it :)

Much appreciated! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I've just added it to Deezer, although it may take a few days to appear, I'm not too sure. If you're in a rush I'll send the files. :-)

Much appreciated! 

It’s there today. Thanks!

The new album by The Tallest Man on Earth is a bit of a grower:

I didn't get on with Dark Bird Is Home at all, but this one reminds me more of There's No Leaving Now - didn't grab me initially, but then bits of it followed me around until I was converted. I still think he peaked with Sometimes The Blues Is Just A Passing Bird, though.

This Tiny Desk session has some of the new material, a long with an accompanyist who looks like he's never played the French Horn before and can't believe what's happening.

This won the Mercury music prize, whom one of the nominees was also IDLES' "Joy as an Act of Resistance"

I'm surprised to say I really liked it when I listened to it yesterday (though I'm not sure the words "like" or "enjoyed" are the correct term) "Lesley" is a hard track to listen to but, I think, is very very important, likewise Black