rllmuk
wev

Best New Music 2019

Bjarki's Happy Earthday has me frothing. It's reminiscent of early-Boards of Canada, when they were raw af. Shades of Autechre, Clark and OPN too. A real tasty mix of eclectic elecronica.

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Shoes said:

Bjarki's Happy Earthday has me frothing. It's reminiscent of early-Boards of Canada, when they were raw af. Shades of Autechre. A real tasty mix of btc gambling eclectic elecronica.

Love it!

On 27/02/2019 at 20:55, Shoes said:

Bjarki's Happy Earthday has me frothing. It's reminiscent of early-Boards of Canada, when they were raw af. Shades of Autechre, Clark and OPN too. A real tasty mix of eclectic elecronica.

This is really ducking good. 

• Upvote 1

This is fun

And TOUTS have recorded a lost Joe Strummer song

Oh

Oh 

And Baroness are being a big ol' prick tease

• Upvote 1

On 27/02/2019 at 20:55, Shoes said:

This is brilliant :)

• Upvote 1

I think I plugged Well Hung Heart somewhere around these parts.  As a side project, we have Beaux Gris Gris complete with drummer from The Hoax.

• Upvote 1

On 24/03/2019 at 09:53, Miner Willy said:

Really liking the new Jenny Lewis album. But then I've loved everything from her to date, so no surprises there. 

Came here to post the same. First thing I've heard by her (I listened to it because of the album cover, I'll be honest) and got really addicted to the debauched, hazy 70s rock feel of it. It's a perfect Sunday morning come down album. Great guitar playing throughout and sonically one of the better albums I've heard for a while.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Came here to post the same. First thing I've heard by her (I listened to it because of the album cover, I'll be honest) and got really addicted to the debauched, hazy 70s rock feel of it. It's a perfect Sunday morning come down album. Great guitar playing throughout and sonically one of the better albums I've heard for a while.

Sight different feel, but Rabbit Fur Coat is really brilliant.

Years ago Rilo Kiley were supporting Modest Mouse at King Tut's (an order which was the wrong way around of course) and I had a chat with Jenny Lewis who was selling the band merch herself. I was a shy 20 year old loser at the time and didn't know what to say to someone I completely admired, because one of her songs had at that point helped save my life from depression. She was lovely though. Her newer stuff is very different, great all the same. 

Modest Mouse guy was a cunt.

• Upvote 2

On 26/03/2019 at 20:39, Uncle Nasty said:

Quite like this, really easy and summery. Totally at odds to what I've posted but something I wouldn't skip if it came on. But that's why I love these threads!

And for all you Daniel Avery fans, a collection of all the Song For Alpha bsides etc, there's a few I've not heard before. First track is lovely.

• Upvote 1

To go against the forum's general taste for male-produced electronica for a moment, I saw a five star review a couple of months ago in The Guardian for the latest album an African-American female "banjo supergroup" called "Our Native Daughters", who I'd never heard of. I've only got round to listening to the album recently but, if you like folk Americana, it's excellent:

I like pretty much all of it, the opening track, "Quasheba, Quasheba", "Slive Driver" and "Blood and Bones" especially.

• Upvote 3

We do have quite a strong electronic bent don't we, not exclusively male though.

Anyway I've been listening to this a lot recently, just to offer something a bit different, it's an excellent fusion of jazz, electronica and basically anything really.

• Upvote 1