Outer Wilds

Alex W.

2 minutes ago, Paulando said:

FUUUUUUCK.

What’s this, DLC? Sequel? Either way I’m all over it. Outer Wilds is one of the best games I’ve played full stop.

It's the one and only expansion Outer Wilds is ever getting. 

And yeah, the base game is one of the best I've ever played so this is a day one for me. 

• 1 month later...

Picked this up in the PSN sale ready for the DLC this month (I played it on Game Pass originally but I don’t have a PC or Xbox anymore). But holy shit, the performance isn’t great :lol:

Hope it gets a next gen 60fps patch with the DLC :sherlock:

41 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Picked this up in the PSN sale ready for the DLC this month (I played it on Game Pass originally but I don’t have a PC or Xbox anymore). But holy shit, the performance isn’t great :lol:

Hope it gets a next gen 60fps patch with the DLC :sherlock:

If you’re playing on PS5, apparently it runs worse than on PS4 or Pro. I keep meaning to go back to it but never get round to sorting the PS4 (and don’t want to play a less good version).

3 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

If you’re playing on PS5, apparently it runs worse than on PS4 or Pro. I keep meaning to go back to it but never get round to sorting the PS4 (and don’t want to play a less good version).

Oh, wow! Yep, on PS5 here. It’s playable, but a massive comedown after enjoying 60fps on so many other games.

Limmy's been playing this. He finally finished it recently with a gargantuan five hour stream. Not sure how many hours he put into it in total, it was several streams through. He had a fair bit of help from the chat, in the final stream he had one guy in particular feed him a lot of clues, but the guy did a decent job of not making it too obvious. He was doing his usual mucking about and missed about half the game/story by being steered to the ending but you could tell he enjoyed it.

Reading this thread makes me sad. I think I got pretty close to the end but then couldn't work out where to go. As it's so non-linear I don't know how to find the solution to the specific bit I'm missing in a guide without spoiling everything else that's left.

3 minutes ago, artz said:

Reading this thread makes me sad. I think I got pretty close to the end but then couldn't work out where to go. As it's so non-linear I don't know how to find the solution to the specific bit I'm missing in a guide without spoiling everything else that's left.

Check the ship's log thing. There's probably a lead there that could point you in the right direction.

I'm so spoilt by Gamepass. The base game is no longer there so even though its one of my favourite games ever I feel like holding off until it is. Though having just checked I wouldn't be able to buy the dlc yet anyway. 

7 hours ago, artz said:

Pretty sure similar happened to me

Completed this when it was on game pass, but just bought it so I could do the dlc. My initial impressions after a couple of hours play is: pretty jaw dropping. For the love of god, don’t read or watch anything that could contain spoilers, you can only enjoy the experience once. 

Hmm, I do wonder if this is going to effect their sales a bit.

I expect there are quite a lot of people in the same boat as me that played it when it was out on GamePass and don’t really relish the idea of forking out over thirty quid for a game they’ve already finished, just to play the DLC. 

Does anyone know how long the DLC clocks in at? 

1 hour ago, Mystacon said:

Hmm, I do wonder if this is going to effect their sales a bit.

I expect there are quite a lot of people in the same boat as me that played it when it was out on GamePass and don’t really relish the idea of forking out over thirty quid for a game they’ve already finished, just to play the DLC. 

Does anyone know how long the DLC clocks in at? 

This is exactly where I’m at. Outer Wilds is a proper once and done game, there’s no replayability in there at all, as good as it is.

The DLC should really be standalone, not requiring the main game to run, as there’s no way I’m paying over £30 for an expansion to a game I’ve already completed.

52 minutes ago, JPL said:

This is exactly where I’m at. Outer Wilds is a proper once and done game, there’s no replayability in there at all, as good as it is.

This is what I thought, but after starting it again recently it was great to get back into the world, and I’d forgotten most of it. Same with Obra Dinn: while you might remember some bits and pieces, I think your memory becomes hazy enough to play through it again.

11 minutes ago, Paulando said:

This is what I thought, but after starting it again recently it was great to get back into the world, and I’d forgotten most of it. Same with Obra Dinn: while you might remember some bits and pieces, I think your memory becomes hazy enough to play through it again.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I tend to play lots of games again, but I usually leave them a good few years until my memory of it is really hazy.

I still think at ~£30 it’s too expensive for me. I’ll probably just wait for it to inevitability arrive on Gamepass at some point.

20 minutes ago, JPL said:

Yeah, you’re probably right. I tend to play lots of games again, but I usually leave them a good few years until my memory of it is really hazy.

I still think at ~£30 it’s too expensive for me. I’ll probably just wait for it to inevitability arrive on Gamepass at some point.

It’s on sale at the moment on Steam and PSN, so I reckon Xbox will follow soon enough. They must know nobody is going to pay £30 to play the DLC.