rllmuk
Alex W.

Outer Wilds

I just read the preview for this in Edge and the comparisons to Wind Waker and kind-of-BG&E/Psychonauts/Abe’s graphics intrigue me. While the depth of the systems, first person view and size of the world are very modern, the handcrafted nature of the environment and the side quests sounds a bit like the classic 2000s-era games where had a potted version of an epic journey and no cinematic aspirations.

http://outerwilds.com/

• Upvote 4

Must have missed this at E3.. looks great. 

Biggest pull for me is the fact that it's not procedurally generated.

• Upvote 6

If anyone fancies taking a cheap punt on this sight unseen on PC with the current Epic sale it's £9.99. At that price and with that trailer I'm willing to risk it.

• Upvote 2

On 20/05/2019 at 20:31, Flub said:

If anyone fancies taking a cheap punt on this sight unseen on PC with the current Epic sale it's £9.99. At that price and with that trailer I'm willing to risk it.

Me too, thanks for the heads up!

Got on game pass. This is really good. Lovely graphics and a real sense of exploration. Feels a bit No Man’s Sky meets The Witness as you explore a lovely model of a solar system with moons and planets.

• Upvote 3

Totally forgot I got this for free but watched the trailer last night and it's seems like it'll be an interesting game. Looking forward to getting some time with it. 

26 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

If that wasn’t enough, there appears to be a space banjo:

There's a lot of space banjo in it! This trailer is lovely too

• Upvote 1

Just came in to say the same, just looks lovely. ^_^

Is that discount still on the Epic games store?

edit: Yes, yes it is. $14.99, can't resist that.

Loved the opening tutorial section, especially the observatory and took my first trip to the moon, turns out you need to suit up to not immediately die on the moon, who knew? :lol:

• Upvote 2

I played 3 hours of this last night and haven’t made my mind up if I love it or hate it. Equal parts frustrating and fantastic. Also, odd. 

• Upvote 3

Is there any way to save in this? I’ve played for a bit and need to stop, but when I go to quit it says ‘All Progress will be Lost’.

I think it saves after every discovery and when you die. If you quit it just ends the current run. 

16 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Is there any way to save in this? I’ve played for a bit and need to stop, but when I go to quit it says ‘All Progress will be Lost’.

Not manually. Quickest way to save your 'progress' is to jump out of the spaceship without the suit on.

It's a Groundhog day kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Spoiler free, a lot of people are about to play their game of the generation based on this video. 

I bought it based on the first 30 seconds of this video. I love it when games have some surprises in them and this seems like it has that in spades, all I need to know. Should be well worth the 11 euro they are charging on the Epic store. 

This a gem. No Man's Sky without the numbers and procedural world building. One bespoke crafted galaxy and the end of the universe every 20 minutes. A Gem.

• Upvote 7

I'm hopefully gonna give this a go tonight (or very shortly) if I get the the time.

I'm really enjoying but I don't want to discuss too much as it's the journey and discovery that are really compelling. I've found some very cool places that I hope will become clearer what they are as I get further in 

• Upvote 3