Sign in to follow this  
skittles

Gaming meet ups

I’m on the train back from a Nintendo players group meet up myself atm. 

They're always frienfly and laid back if a bit casual. It’s hard for me to get games on smash bros there because everyone knows I’ve been playing it competitively for 5 years.

I’m legit starving for something like in the op. I’ve been trying to get gaming weeklies off the ground in my since September without much luck. Winter and exam season really screw me over.

• Upvote 1

Got nothing near me like this, looks awesome. Infact I've just figured out that I'm probably the only one of my friends in this area that's into gaming

I need to find a meet up somewhere around Norfolk

And some new friends... 

I help run the weekly fighting game meet up in Nottingham on a Tuesday night. It’s so much better playing in person compared to online and it helps that it’s a bunch of decent people that come along.

• Upvote 1

I've been to a few Streetly Fighter things at Arcade Club and one when I was visiting my mate in Liverpool. Great atmosphere, really good vibe, tense and competitive but very warm and good natured. 

• Upvote 1

I'm just back from a Glasgow fighting games event the first of many monthly tournaments. It's in The Summoner pub on Pitt Street so you can get a (£4.98) beer too. Pretty nice time.

I miss GlesGames though.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CovisGod said:

Got nothing near me like this, looks awesome. Infact I've just figured out that I'm probably the only one of my friends in this area that's into gaming

I need to find a meet up somewhere around Norfolk

And some new friends... 

One Life Left on St Benedicts St in Norwich:

https://www.onelifeleft.net/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Have you been?

Not for a meet, but as a dad crèche, yeah. Post Beer Festival drunk Mario Kart FTW

23 hours ago, Jonster said:

I help run the weekly fighting game meet up in Nottingham on a Tuesday night. It’s so much better playing in person compared to online and it helps that it’s a bunch of decent people that come along.

Nice! Where do you host, alt?