rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
linkster

Now TV

10 minutes ago, Benny said:

No. Netflix looks and sounds great. A good setup makes the issues with NowTV more stark.

I've got a Viera plasma, a Marantz amp and wall mounted Tannoy 5.1. In no sense does Now TV sound like a car radio

Now TV's sound is fine, only it isn't 5.1. It's definitely nowhere near as good as Netflix on the same box in any case. The picture I can't comment on as I don't have a HD TV anyway.

3 hours ago, linkster said:

Tried Patrick Melrose on @kerraig UK recommendation, it’s kind of like Fleabag on speed, some lines really made me laugh a lot, I think I’d have preferred someone else in the role though

The whole thing or just ep 1? Benedict Cumberbatch isn't in episode 2.

I was maybe gonna go for one of the special offers, but then discovered that Now TV doesn't seem to be available on an Amazon Firestick. Is that right? And how come?

edit: they do their own stick, which is probably why. :wacko: Maybe we'll get to a point in the future where every streaming service has to have it's own stick as well! :lol:

4 hours ago, linkster said:

Oh cool. Just seen eps 1

It's essentially a series of 5 1 hour movies that create a family history. Ep 1 is incredibly smug. But get ready for a surprise.

6 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

I was maybe gonna go for one of the special offers, but then discovered that Now TV doesn't seem to be available on an Amazon Firestick. Is that right? And how come?

edit: they do their own stick, which is probably why. :wacko: Maybe we'll get to a point in the future where every streaming service has to have it's own stick as well! :lol:

The Roku streaming stick seems to be one of the few (perhaps only) 'sticks' that supports all three of the main streaming services (Netflix / Amazon / Now Tv)

Now TV's stick is a rebranded Roku stick - even the remote is basically the same. I can't remember whether the NowTV version supports Netflix and Amazon though!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Huz said:

Now TV's stick is a rebranded Roku stick - even the remote is basically the same. I can't remember whether the NowTV version supports Netflix and Amazon though!

The NowTV Smart Box does Netflix but not Amazon.

It also does some weird service I found last night with Z list reality TV and sci-fi films, and a channel which is just Fail Army off of YouTube.

EDIT: PlutoTV

Is there any chance of this ever being in 1080p with half-decent sound? I did a trial back when Twin Peaks season 3 came out, and ran for the fucking hills. Simply awful quality.

6 hours ago, Meh said:

Is there any chance of this ever being in 1080p with half-decent sound? I did a trial back when Twin Peaks season 3 came out, and ran for the fucking hills. Simply awful quality.

It’s still 720p and stereo to this day. :lol:

One of the most impressive aspects of Phantom Thread is was how subtle so much of the acting is through tiny mannerisms and slight twists of expression. Watch it on NowTV though and you might miss a lot of that in the muddy mess on a smaller screen.

On 19/04/2019 at 17:05, Huz said:

Barely even rebranded if it's like the box, which has a Roku logo on both the box and the menu.

On 20/04/2019 at 21:15, linkster said:

Teen Titans Go To The Movies just showed up. Actually preferring it to Spiderverse. Quite funny and accessible

I used to watch the series with my two boys and we watched the film at the weekend. It's gloriously silly and very funny. It knows it's childish and stupid and revels in it, we loved it. And references across the Marvel and DC universes abound, without being snotty and taking the piss. Good to see Mr Cage finally getting to play Superman as well

1 minute ago, Vorgot said:

I used to watch the series with my two boys and we watched the film at the weekend. It's gloriously silly and very funny. It knows it's childish and stupid and revels in it, we loved it. And references across the Marvel and DC universes abound, without being snotty and taking the piss. Good to see Mr Cage finally getting to play Superman as well

I think it has the best Stan Lee cameo ever too

• Upvote 1

Just now, linkster said:

I think it has the best Stan Lee cameo ever too

No question, I was laughing out loud when he first appeared mugging to the 'camera'. Need to add this to my list of 'cheer me up' films along with Lego Movie and Lego Batman

5 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

No question, I was laughing out loud when he first appeared mugging to the 'camera'. Need to add this to my list of 'cheer me up' films along with Lego Movie and Lego Batman

Agreed. Missus is away at the minute, I don't often recommend she watch stuff but this would defo go on the list