I've searched titles for exact phrase and nothing showed up in this forum?

For me it's the best value service out there right now, new movies every day, overall the least amount of crap (compared to Netflix and Prime) and a fantastic selection of classics

Any regular users? Hit up recommendations?

• Upvote 3

Agreed. I'm still subscribed to the other two, but if I had to choose one it'd be this. I just prefer their selection and not force-feeding you certain films they think would be good in their sliding group interface they insist on. If you want, you can just browse them all or by restrict by genre. Lots of choice to keep everyone happy.

• Upvote 1

I'm only signed up to the Entertainment package and also pay for a days football now and again.

Last month I realised I hadn't used it for a while so decided to cancel (online). Went through the usual rigamarole of 'are you sure?' questions, then at the very second to last page (I'm assuming) I got a 'please stay and you can have it half price for 6 months!' offer. So I accepted that & I'm paying only £3.50 a month for it now.

Still haven't used it for a while though, as I've watched most of the good stuff (GOT, The Wire, Last Panthers, The Night Of etc.) I'll check back every now and again though for any new HBO stuff and obviously Game of Thrones will be back soon.

I think the streaming quality isn't as good as Netflix or Amazon mind. 

I've also recently changed my broadband service to Nowtv as well, and that's rock solid 30 Meg + for £25 a month which is ample for our two person household. Previously had Sky shitty 12 Meg (usually only getting around 4 Meg though) for £15 a month. 

I dunno what the difference between Sky and Nowtv would be though as I thought they were the same company, but Nowtv had the better offers for similar services.

Agreed the quality of service is poorer than the others. In terms of dropping brieflly then recovering, defo not a deal breaker

I only buy a monthly pass for movies, £9.99, cancel anytime

As for recommendations:

The ones I mentioned above plus (some obvious ones that you should have already seen)

The Sopranos

Ray Donovan

Gomorrah (best thing on there)

My Brilliant Friend

True Detective (S3 this month!)

Billions

Nurse Jackie

Quarry

Tin Star

The Trip

The Tunnel (starts as a UK/France version of the Bridge but then branches off)

Patrick Melrose

Oz

Get Shorty (better than the movie)

Both Twin Peaks

Band of Brothers

Big Little Lies

Brotherhood (getting on now but still excellent)

Deadwood

There's a shitload of good series now I've just had another look, so I'll stop there. But really, everyone should watch Gomorrah, it fantastic.

• Upvote 2

Yeah they sometimes do that but more often than not, they put them back up 6 months later, for another 6 months. Can be frustrating though if your halfway through a rewatch of the Wire or something, which is what happened to me last year (It's back up now though) 

• Upvote 1

I only get the entertainment pass to enjoy Walking Dead, Game of Thrones & Westworld.

Don't bother with the movie pass because I've usually seen the film by the time it is added to their catalogue.

Stan Against Evil was great but seems to have pretty much fallen off the service which is a shame.

The built in app on my Samsung TV is proper shit, sadly. Try to launch anything from Continue watching or from the watchlist and I get an unkown error. Helpful.

I hate the thing on Now TV where the spots that were originally advert breaks become the same animated title card playing twice before returning you to the episode.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Benny said:

Isn't Now TV still in 720p shitovision? The sound is always a terrible bitrate as well.

True, but it's a tenner for movies you're waiting a year for elsewhere

5 minutes ago, linkster said:

True, but it's a tenner for movies you're waiting a year for elsewhere

Nah I just watch them via a Cinema Paradiso subscription or Chilli/Amazon usually have 99p/1.99 rental offers for the latest releases.

32 minutes ago, Benny said:

Isn't Now TV still in 720p shitovision? The sound is always a terrible bitrate as well.

Yes. I can't see them even going 1080p anytime soon, let alone 4k. So basically the service is Sky TV over the internet (which is no surprise as they are a subsidiary of Sky) but at 720p and without the ads. And unlike with Sky TV, you can't split the Sports package up into discrete bits.

I've been tempted by the Black Friday deals they do which are good, I do purchase a 24hr daily sky sports pass if I want to watch a match.

I think we'll see 1080p this year, if only to bring it inline with Netflix and other streaming services. I don't think it's a patch on Netflix personally. Most of the new movies are straight to video garbage, and the entertainment stuff is way more limited.

Otherwise, it's good for watching the footie if you don't want to get rinsed for Sky Sports and essential for the short periods of new GoT or new Billions.

They also block outputting from tablets and mobiles onto the TV - unlike Netflix and Amazon Prime. This is proper bullshit.

There is some fantastic stuff in the Entertainment pack, as I posted earlier. 

Like I said, I haven't used it for a while but researching before I posted, I was surprised to find so much quality TV that I'd either forgotten about or didn't know was on there. Fair enough if you've already seen all you want to see, but to say that it's limited is incorrect.

I'd put Nowtv behind Netflix and Amazon Prime in my own preferences, but there is certainly plenty of quality and choice there if you look.

24 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Nah I just watch them via a Cinema Paradiso subscription or Chilli/Amazon usually have 99p/1.99 rental offers for the latest releases.

No, if they were equivalent releases so would I, but Now TV has the major movies sewn up in that respect cos Sky

25 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Yes. I can't see them even going 1080p anytime soon, let alone 4k. So basically the service is Sky TV over the internet (which is no surprise as they are a subsidiary of Sky) but at 720p and without the ads. And unlike with Sky TV, you can't split the Sports package up into discrete bits.

Indeed but if you have zero interest in the rest of Sky’s offering and the alternative is a 4.49 rental per movie, it makes sense

I get the Entertainment package for free as part of my Vodafone SIM only deal.

Been a member of Now TV for years and it's great to be able to watch Last Week Tonight & Westworld on demand.

Just a shame it's only 720P especially when I do occasionally buy a Sports Pass for a football game I want to watch. Just a bit blurry. :(

I don’t think it’s that good really, I prefer Netflix.

I get an entertainment pack once in a while to binge stuff like The Deuce (where’s that in your list @multiclunk?!) but otherwise I’m not fussed about it. 

In fact the ease of turning it on and off is one of the best things about it.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I don’t think it’s that good really, I prefer Netflix.

I get an entertainment pack once in a while to binge stuff like The Deuce (where’s that in your list @multiclunk?!) but otherwise I’m not fussed about it. 

In fact the ease of turning it on and off is one of the best things about it.

Yep that flexibility is great. But on terms ‘prefer netflix’, if we are just talking movies, for me it’s no contest, have already cancelled

I’m re-watching Oz and it’s still brilliant. Why does nobody ever talk about it? It feels like nobody acknowledges any series existed before The Sopranos.

I used to stay up till silly hours to watch it. Is it shit and I’m an idiot?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, morcs said:

I’m re-watching Oz and it’s still brilliant. Why does nobody ever talk about it? It feels like nobody acknowledges any series existed before The Sopranos.

I used to stay up till silly hours to watch it. Is it shit and I’m an idiot?

It was great up until halfway through season 4 then it all went very stupid very quickly. Fucking musical numbers, ghosts, and Luke Perry's cock.