Sign in to follow this  
formallyhuman

Are there any developers who read or post here that worked on THQs wrestling games (WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF No Mercy etc)?

If there are, I would be extremely grateful if I could have a chat with you.

Likewise, if you worked on any earlier games - WWF Royal Rumble, or some of the Japanese games on the Famicom/SNES for example - or if you worked on some of the later, not quite as good games (WCW Backstage Assault, I'm looking at you!) I would love to bend your ears.

Many thanks in advance.

What happened to that wrestling game that was an homage to the Revenge / No Mercy games? Was a Kickstarter I think. 

I loved the AKI games, WCW/nWo Revenge is by far my favourite even if the WWF games improved on the formula. Shout out to Def Jam Vendetta too

• Upvote 1

Great to see the love for the THQ/AKI wrestling games here.

Since it seems we have nobody who worked on those games here (or nobody that wants to talk about it) can I amend my request?

Do we have any developers here who worked on any wrestling games at any time who would be willing to talk to me about their time on those games? Up to and including the current 2K yearly iterations

Incredible mod scene based around No Mercy as well, although the changes are too obtuse to get them working on anything that isn't a PC emulator (as far as I'm aware). 

Too much time wasted on Revenge back in the day jesus christ. 

• Upvote 1

Lost many hours to the THQ wrestling games. My brother used to love Smackdown but ended up having to play that on his own as my mates and I would all be playing these. Used to love making our own wrestlers and performing ridiculous top rope tricks, smashing the commentary table and generally trying to replicate what we saw on TV. I remember managing to do a 3D and thinking that was the best thing ever.