Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Hitman Bloody Money gets a 4K/60fps remaster

Despite the newest Hitman games picking up the mantle, Hitman Blood Money is still an all-time classic. A 4K/60fps remaster is coming out on Jan 11th for PS4 and XB1 featuring:

• 4K visuals at 60 frames per second
  • Increased texture resolution
  • Upgraded texture formats
  • Super-sampling
  • Upscale support
  • Heightened shadow map and mirror resolutions
  • Improved lighting
  • Updated controls for a more fluid experience

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-hd-enhanced-collection/

Hitman Absolution is unfortunately also included in the pack. It's unclear whether there is a way to avoid this.

• Upvote 4

I think this has been surpassed by the two new games. They have removed all the jank and are mechanically far superior.

30 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

They should have just remade the levels in the new game. 

Maybe, though I'd much rather the effort went on all-new levels.

I tend not to go back to old games too much so I don't go in for remasters, but Blood Money still has a fair few mechanics that new Hitman doesn't have. The human shield move, carrying crates/plates (stashed with weapons), civvies picking up dropped guns and trying to be heroes, lift assassinations, weapon customisation, sniper ammo types, newspaper reports and persistent notoriety, blood trails that the AI follows...

Despite being old, it's still a classic with an amazing set of maps.

I hope this doesn’t cannibalise sales of the truly excellent Hitman 2 too much. 

Never played Blood Money, is it likely to be jarring going back to it if I’ve only played the newest titles?

Do we know how much this is? I'm not interested in Absolution and much as I love Blood Money it was given away for free with Games With Gold a few months ago. I can't imagine the upgrades being so spectacular as to justify me paying more than about fifteen quid for it once it goes on sale.

16 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

I hope this doesn’t cannibalise sales of the truly excellent Hitman 2 too much. 

Never played Blood Money, is it likely to be jarring going back to it if I’ve only played the newest titles?

I get the feeling this is a contingency for if 2 didn't sell very well, which going by the rapid way the price has dropped it hasnt :(

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I get the feeling this is a contingency for if 2 didn't sell very well, which going by the rapid way the price has dropped it hasnt :(

Exactly my thoughts when I saw this news. Both these games are already on Xbox BC, they could have been enhanced that way. This sounds like an easy way to bring in money, which I hope it does because going by Hitman 2, IO is currently one of the best studios out there. As a fan it annoys me to no end that players and reviewers alike bend over backwards to defend every glaring flaw of the latest, prettiest blockbuster big budget extravaganza, but an inventive and meticulously designed game like Hitman 2 is ignored. I know that's unreasonable of me, it's the way of any big audience - but because it may spell doom for IO, I can't help but be annoyed and worried :(

Anyway, Blood Money is an all-time classic for me, so I'll buy it to support the studio. It's the second best Hitman game after Hitman 2 (2018) after all. Shame about Abomination being included. They could have gone with the 360 HD collection of Silent Assassin and Contracts, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 3

To be honest they have nobody to blame but themselves for the low sales. Releasing it in the middle of the Christmas Crush was absolute idiocy on their part.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Harsin said:

To be honest they have nobody to blame but themselves for the low sales. Releasing it in the middle of the Christmas Crush was absolute idiocy on their part.

That's true. But who knows how they ended up with that release date. Could be the publisher demanding it, could be for financial reasons. Of course delaying a few months would have made little difference nowadays, since February and March are even more jam-packed with releases. Would have been a perfect spring game though imo.

Ouch!

And, once again, this exists:1532115333_Hitsmanhd.thumb.jpg.ed2abb18f188ad40e42413f76a5c46a6.jpg

Now that's a proper Hitman collection. I wish they had 4k'ed that instead of bothering with Abomination. At least bring it to Xbox BC IO plz!

5 hours ago, JPR said:

$59.99 Looks like £44.99 here, so as contingencies go I don't think this one will be getting a silent assassin rating.

That's absurdly expensive. It's funny how greed can instantly make you stop feeling sorry for a developer.

3 hours ago, Radish said:

That's absurdly expensive. It's funny how greed can instantly make you stop feeling sorry for a developer.

Are Warner Bros still publishing it like they did Hitman 2? If so, I doubt IO have much say in it.

But yeah....utter joke of a price considering Shadow of the Colossus was only 30 quid and was a genuine remake in every sense of the word. This is just going to be slightly tarted up.

I'll wait til it's a tenner. 

This is digital-only, so I don't have much hope of the price going down.

Why on earth are they packaging the worst Hitman game with the best?

11 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

This is digital-only, so I don't have much hope of the price going down.

Why on earth are they packaging the worst Hitman game with the best?

Digital sales have improved a lot in the last year or so, this will be reduced soon enough.

I never finished Absolution, why is he fighting Danny Trejo juiced up on Bane’s serum in one of those shots?

For what it’s worth, much like SC: Conviction I did think Absolution was a fun stealth-action game in its own right. But the current gen Hitman games are basically a perfection distillation of everything I’ve ever wanted from the franchise, Blood Money with less jank and bloat.

I do wish ‘push/headbut’ was still on the right trigger though, so satisfying.

• Upvote 1