rllmuk
probotector

Why “all console” fanboys are the worst

Following on from the successful Nintendo fanboys are the worst, the biggest trend in recent years is the “all console” fanboy and IMO they are the worst.

They are the New Labour or Macrons of the gaming world, pick a side and show your colours, but these annoying fucks are all

middle of the road Lib Dem voters.

Gran Turismo or Forza, we don’t have time to play both. Pick a side.

Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing? Sorry, but Crash is shit and so are his platformers.

Most gamers don’t have endless time and money and no one supports every football team in the world. Pick a side or stay out of it Switzerland, you fucks.

• Upvote 7

It could be argued that gaming has a fan culture that creates a sweeping generalization of genres and styles, with relative merits of each happening almost double that, almost thirteen a day.  We haven't completely banned it, but there are hidden levels and cheatcodes, with downloadable content which costs even more than that.  Families need to make sensible choices, but there is almost 50 teaspoons of sugar in one Mario Kart.  Yoghurt can also be a problem.  Why wouldn't you? It makes sense to consider it, and a public forum is as good a place as any, especially with the risks associated with viruses these days.  And, for crying out loud, you can EMULATE it pretty well anyway, so why not?  I for one believe this post is every bit as sensible and worthwhile as this thread.

• Upvote 1

I hate spending ages building a rollercoaster on RCT, dodging all the shops and footpaths, planting the entrance and exit and devising a mazing path out of there, which all feels like an achievement in itself. Then watching as the first cart has a go at it, ahh it just about makes that loop, all around in one piece. ill just wait for the ratings to come in. 3.4 excitement, 11.7 nausea wtf?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, df0 said:

Can we get a thread for PCMASTERRACE fanboys? They are the worst.

:rolleyes:

Can we?  because I've completely gone off consoles. No bullshit, Straight up.

When is the PS4 Pro X out? where does it end.

40 minutes ago, Harsin said:

My personal ranking of console fans.

PS4

s-l640.jpg

Quite swish and futuristic, looks a bit like the logo you'd see on a can of energy drink. 4/5

Xbox One

s-l300.jpg

Disappointingly traditional. Although from this angle looks a bit like a menacing drone, of the kind that might terrorise a UK airport. 3/5

Switch

58ba26e51c25825843bb9ad5_Nintendo%20Swit

What is this? A fan for ants? 1/10

PS4. Small and noisy. 3/10 with nine marks for looking cool, then minus 3 marks because it’s inside a console and no one can see it - so who cares about it looking cool - and minus 3 marks for being noisy.

Xbox. Big and chunky. There’s a reason big and chunky is the go-to for fans. 8 marks.

Switch. Cute and it actually has a fan? Eight marks, plus two marks for being in some Nintendo hardware, minus one mark for not having a Nintendo logo on it. nine marks in total.

4 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Well obviously the Speccy would win. The Commode 64 was cat shit.

FUCKING GET HIM, FANBOYS!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Well obviously the Speccy would win. The Commode 64 was cat shit.

I think you’re wronger than a wrong thing on the wrongest day of your life. 

I was doing a bit of research on the subject and found this, which is an interesting read. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-zx-spectrum-vs-commodore-64

it seems to agree that you are wrong. 

Tbh every C64 owner was jealous of the Ultimate games on Speccy, and every Speccy owner was jealous of Jeff Minter. I was jealous of BBC Micro owners, the posh bastards.