Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

Gaming Predictions 2019

On 03/01/2019 at 07:43, Mr. Gerbik said:

Sekiro will be From Software's best game yet.

TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima turn out to be cross-gen releases, the latter maybe even a PS5 exclusive.

Microsoft announces and unveils the Xbox 2 this year, launch in 2020. Sony announces the PS5 late in the year, but saves the full unveiling for 2020, launch in 2021. XB2 will have full BC, as in all generations Xbox are represented, but PS5 just with PS4 and nothing else.

Metroid Prime 4 is as good as everyone hopes, but is delayed to 2020.

Crackdown 3 will come and go without anyone noticing.

Anthem will be the end of BioWare.

Switch revision announced and released. It comes in a variety of many different colours, making it the best thing ever according to the biggest Nintendo fans.

IO Interactive are bought by someone 

No new Zelda or Mario announced in 2019.

Dishonored 3. And it's glorious.

The Legacy of Kain series returns.

The new Splinter Cell will be disappointing.

A Tenchu game will come to BC and I will rejoice.

Just to add:

Someone will buy Bungie. Would be funny if it were Microsoft.

Blizzard will lose whatever independence they had from the Activision monolith, the types of games they make and the quality thereof will noticably suffer.

A second Tenchu game will come to BC following my first rejoicement and I will rejoice again.

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Just to add:

Someone will buy Bungie. Would be funny if it were Microsoft.

Bungie would seriously have to be fucked for that to ever come to pass as they have to agree to be sold in the first place and they've now demonstrated they don't like being told what to do or have to adhere to any contracts they willing signed and agreed to in the first place, it would be a sign that they were in deep trouble and had no alternative apart from bankruptcy.

1 hour ago, mushashi said:

Bungie would seriously have to be fucked for that to ever come to pass as they have to agree to be sold in the first place and they've now demonstrated they don't like being told what to do or have to adhere to any contracts they willing signed and agreed to in the first place, it would be a sign that they were in deep trouble and had no alternative apart from bankruptcy.

Maybe. It's just a guess on my part. The scenario I'm seeing here is that Bungie is way too big and develops way too slowly/inefficiently to sustain either their current size or their usual ambitions. Maybe this year is too soon, they're bound to have reserves and investments to at least make a go of it, but I thought I'd put this here as a prediction.

I'd rather be wrong and see them do well of course. They're an awesome developer imo.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Maybe. It's just a guess on my part. The scenario I'm seeing here is that Bungie is way too big and develops way too slowly/inefficiently to sustain either their current size or their usual ambitions. Maybe this year is too soon, they're bound to have reserves and investments to at least make a go of it, but I thought I'd put this here as a prediction.

I'd rather be wrong and see them do well of course. They're an awesome developer imo.

OK, just while we're spitballing...

Someone will buy Bungie. The internet will explode when Nintendo does. 

On 09/01/2019 at 16:03, mushashi said:

I see the crystal ball stopped working way early this year ;)

Switch gets a revision this year, I trust the WSJ on this one.

“Revision” or “iteration”, because it has had numerous revisions already.

A new one they expressly market as a new revision, same deal as 3DS XL or n3DS or DS Lite or GBA SP, the thing that was reported on months ago. Internal motherboard/SoC changes aren't usually marketed to the average consumer and are normally done for cost reasons or in Nintendo's case, a gaping security flaw.

There will be no PS5 announcement this year

Bungie will go bust and it will come to light that they have massive debts

Metroid Prime 4 will come out at Xmas and be a bit under whelming

The new COD will not have a campaign

Anthem will just be a re-skinned Destiny

Switch sales will start to slow and it will never get past 30 million

9 minutes ago, sandman said:

Its already over that. If they hit their targets it'll be about 37 million after March. 

9 hours ago, sandman said:

Do not underestimate Animal Crossing. People will buy a Switch just to play it, me included. Metroid 4 as well.

27 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Its already over that. If they hit their targets it'll be about 37 million after March. 

Are there new sales figures?

Just now, Stanley said:

Are there new sales figures?

Not yet. But there are murmurings that Nintendo had the biggest December in the US out of this generation. If they don't hit their 20 million target for the year, it's likely they're only going to be a million or so short. Which will still put them well over @sandman's 30 million. Nintendo will release their third quarter figures at the end of the month. 

* Sega makes a fan-pleasing announcement involving resurrecting an old IP in a promising way. (Ultimate pipe dream: hiring Sumo Digital to make OutRun 3.) Three cheers for good old Sega! :wub:

*... then around the same time, before anyone can get too excited, Sega does something inexplicably stupid, because Sega gonna Sega. :doh: 

3 minutes ago, Nick R said:

* Sega makes a fan-pleasing announcement involving resurrecting an old IP in a promising way. (Ultimate pipe dream: hiring Sumo Digital to make OutRun 3.) Three cheers for good old Sega! :wub:

*... then around the same time, before anyone can get too excited, Sega does something inexplicably stupid, because Sega gonna Sega. :doh: 

Outrun 3.

iOS.

Microtransactions.

• Upvote 1

Death Stranding doesn't come out in 2019.

TLOU2 doesn't come out in 2019, rumoured to be moving to PS5.

FFVII is never mentioned again by Sony in any official capacity.

Shenmue 3 is barely mentioned and doesn't come out in 2019.

Some form of Ridge Racer remake/reboot is teased at TGS by whatever Namco are called these days.

EA/Activision come up with a new form of monetisation that really really pisses everyone off. Huge backlash ensues.

PS5 is teased by a short clip of Aloy looking out over a vast and massively detailed wilderness. No real specs but launch date of mid 2020 is announced.

XBox next-gen teased but no real details. 

VR still doesn't become mass market.

MAD box (or whatever it's called) announce a kickstarter to fund their badly shaped bonkers console thing.

Spectrum Vega+ saga carries on but not a single one of the people who essentially stole half a million quid from backers suffers from any kind of legal or criminal repercussions.

9 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Do not underestimate Animal Crossing. People will buy a Switch just to play it, me included. Metroid 4 as well.

People will buy *multiple* Switches to play it. It’s why I got a second DS and a second 3DS.

9 hours ago, Dudley said:

Jet Set Radio Very Future

Xbox One

Kinect Only.

You get to break open the loot boxes by flailing your arms around.

• Upvote 1

On 13/01/2019 at 10:49, Stanshall said:

Nintendo Online SNES Collection by the end of January. 

Was this made with the knowledge of the recent datamining?