Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

Gaming Predictions 2019

Sega Soccer Slam Remastered will be announced in May for Switch and releases that same month. 

This is my only and 100% true prediction for 2019. 

• Upvote 2

Due to Brexit Nintendo games suddenly sell for £99 each and digital only. UK Online store closes.

Dreamcast 2

Soldierboy defies the odds and begins a meteoric rise to domination. 

In about a month Bethesda are gonna patch fallout 76 every reviewer will amend their reviews and it will be the only game ever to score a perfect 100 on metacritic. 

Milo from the early Natal demos will attempt a comeback. Older and a bit rough around the edges it will not go down well. After a very public breakdown it will emerge that he has suffered years of violence and sexual assault at the hands of Peter Molyneaux.

After selling a billion consoles and buying Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft by early summer and becoming the llargest supplier of military computer systems Soldierboy decides that the future of gaming lies in streaming technology and begins work in ernest. 

The system goes on-line August 4th and begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. Everyone is too wrapped up in fallout 76 to notice or care.

• Upvote 1

Sekiro will be From Software's best game yet.

TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima turn out to be cross-gen releases, the latter maybe even a PS5 exclusive.

Microsoft announces and unveils the Xbox 2 this year, launch in 2020. Sony announces the PS5 late in the year, but saves the full unveiling for 2020, launch in 2021. XB2 will have full BC, as in all generations Xbox are represented, but PS5 just with PS4 and nothing else.

Metroid Prime 4 is as good as everyone hopes, but is delayed to 2020.

Crackdown 3 will come and go without anyone noticing.

Anthem will be the end of BioWare.

Switch revision announced and released. It comes in a variety of many different colours, making it the best thing ever according to the biggest Nintendo fans.

IO Interactive are bought by someone 

No new Zelda or Mario announced in 2019.

Dishonored 3. And it's glorious.

The Legacy of Kain series returns.

The new Splinter Cell will be disappointing.

A Tenchu game will come to BC and I will rejoice.

• Upvote 1

Game will stop selling games and rely on sales of Funko Pops and become the world’s premier e-gaming bookmaker. As a result the store aroma will get marginally worse. 

15 hours ago, Ran said:

Biowares Anthem bombs hard speeding their inevitable demise under EA. 

Guru Larry did a video on the fate of the various studios EA bought and the common theme is that one slightly underperforming game and they're pretty much immediately nuked.

So this seems depressingly likely.

When Sony unveil PS5 (I'm going to say about October-time) they're going to double down on VR, making the base machine completely VR-ready out of the box. The headset will still be sold separately, or in bundles. They'll really push it big-time. The headset will be lighter, possibly wireless, and provide a massively improved experience over current PSVR.

All PS5 VR functionality will be backwards-compatible with the original PS4 VR headset.

Soulja Boy decides to release ANOTHER new console, the Soulja Boy switch.

Cautious about getting lawsuits over emulation, he merely sells actual Nintendo Switches with a Soulja Boy sticker over the Nintendo logo.

Coincidentally, the serial numbers of each machine identically match those belonging to a large shipment that was stolen 6 months earlier.

19 minutes ago, deKay said:

TT Games announce a remastered combined Lego Lord of the Rings/Lego The Hobbit pack.

with a locked 48fps frame-rate?

They gave away both for free over christmas to anyone with a PC so they may well be planning something.

Or more likely, were about to lose the licence.

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

They gave away both for free over christmas to anyone with a PC so they may well be planning something.

They’ve gone from digital stores now.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

4K switch with a slightly bigger and better screen.

I think that would be too big a leap but an OLED screen and HDR support alongside a faster processor for higher resolutions on TV and said OLED screen (1080 and 900 respectively) is my prediction.

And my dream.

BotW sunsets in HDR. Retina scorching Splatoon ink. Final smashes brighter than alpha centari.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Dudley said:

Hence my prediction. They pulled them from Steam earlier this week.

8 hours ago, Dudley said:

I don't think WB (who own TT Games) are going to lose the licence to Harry Potter (also owned by WB).

Nintendo will comfortably hit its 20 million sales target for the current financial year, and 2019 will be the biggest year yet for Switch.

Revised Switch console with faster processor, smaller bezel and bigger improved screen to come out In September.

N64 Mini released in November, SNES games added to the Switch Online service around the same time.

New 2D top down Zelda to be announced and released this year.

Metroid Prime Trilogy announced and released before the 3rd quarter.

Metroid Prime 4 announced around E3 for release 2020 (no date specified).

Animal Crossing and Pokemon to provide the one two punch in the 4th quarter.

Last of Us 2 announced for May 2020 release. 

Crackdown 3 is awesome. 

Dying Light 2 surprises many and is considered game of the year material.

52 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Nintendo will comfortably hit its 20 million sales target for the current financial year, and 2019 will be the biggest year yet for Switch.

Revised Switch console with faster processor, smaller bezel and bigger improved screen to come out In September. Just in time for Animal Crossing.

N64 Mini released in November, SNES games added to the Switch Online service around the same time.

New 2D top down Zelda to be announced and released this year.

Metroid Prime Trilogy announced and released before the 3rd quarter.

Metroid Prime 4 announced around E3 for release 2020 (no date specified).

Animal Crossing and Pokemon to provide the one two punch in the 4th quarter.

Last of Us 2 announced for May 2020 release. 

Crackdown 3 is awesome. 

Dying Light 2 surprises many and is considered game of the year material.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, deKay said:

Hence my prediction. They pulled them from Steam earlier this week.

I don't think WB (who own TT Games) are going to lose the licence to Harry Potter (also owned by WB).

Why have you suddenly brought Harry Potter into this?

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Why have you suddenly brought Harry Potter into this?

I have no fucking idea. Well, aside from the suggestion they're remastering like they did with that series.

But WB own the rights to the LotR and Hobbit films too so my point still stands even though I put Harry Potter in there.

According to Nintendolife, well known darts player Michael Pachter says:

Nintendo will launch a fully handheld version of the Switch at $199. "I expect the device to have the same screen, but with Joy Cons built into the body and no docking station. Since it can't "switch" from handheld to console, it's hard to guess what they will call it, but let's assume Game Boy (kidding)."

"Fully handheld". Like the current Switch isn't fully handheld already.

From a cost cutting/low price point pov it makes some sense but I think they're more likely just to revise the Switch and then have a version they sell without the dock and grip. The detachable joycons are a big part of what Switch is about imo. 

On 02/01/2019 at 14:10, Protocol Penguin said:

Switch hardware sales will dip as consumers become dissatisfied with all the slightly modified Wii U ports.

So wrong. There's a new Pokémon and a new animal crossing this year. Switch ain't dipping!

11 hours ago, deKay said:

I have no fucking idea. Well, aside from the suggestion they're remastering like they did with that series.

But WB own the rights to the LotR and Hobbit films too so my point still stands even though I put Harry Potter in there.

It's amazing how often big companies don't talk to themselves though.

On 02/01/2019 at 11:19, Qazimod said:

No news on 13 Sentinels.

They're selling a demo. And it's Japan-only, of course. And they're selling a demo.

Atlus has announced 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Prologue for PlayStation 4. It will launch on March 14 in Japan. Consumers will be able to access it through various means, the cheapest of which is 980 yen.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Prologue will allow users to play the first three hours of the dramatic adventure game and control all 13 main characters. Save data from 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Prologue cannot be carried over to 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

Hold me back. (Source: https://gematsu.com/2019/01/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-prologue-launches-march-14-in-japan )

On 02/01/2019 at 09:27, mdn2 said:

So because no one else has started one yet...

Switch

This year Nintendo reduce £50 off the price of the Switch. No new revision is announced until next year. It has the strongest year out of all the consoles. 

I see the crystal ball stopped working way early this year ;)

Switch gets a revision this year, I trust the WSJ on this one.