rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Vimster

Weekly Music 2019 - 52 Weeks, 52 Tracks

Yeah me too - more experimentation - need to explore the Neutron a bit. I always try and put your tracks into a videogame kind atmosphere - and that sounded like a successful piece of incidental music.

Now with Neutron I can see myself getting addicted to buying modular stuff now. Beware the GAS! 

The compression settings on the MP3 i posted were all wrong. I've redone the track for soundcloud.

Here you go...

https://streak.club/p/34960/many-parts-by-interweave-harmonics

All sorts going on here as a kind of test owing to some issues i'd had with reaper (and thankfully now sorted). I also wanted to do something in Locrian mode.

The first 8 parts are Omnisphere doing its thing with a Hive bass pad, ABL on the 303 duty and Bazille. Kontact plays the 2 drum loops with some loop programming to make the beats more interesting.

Its a bit of a mess - probably too many parts and didn't have enough time to properly EQ/side chain so the 303 is rather swamped at times. Oh well.

• Upvote 1

No bad thing.

Anyway, is anyone here flagging a bit? I appear to have plenty of stuff here that I've started this year and can finish off. It's been great for making me finish tracks even if they're basically unsuccessful and not really worth using elsewhere. Gets you in a good habit. I thought I'd end up dashing off something every week just to meet the quota but that hasn't happened.

Mind you, I'm in the process of building a new PC and I suspect I'll miss a couple of weeks whilst I get that sorted. I am trying not to start on any "proper" tracks until I have the new computer all set up.

I'm really struggling. Got a bit behind when I was away for a week and have been late submitting since. Managed to get two weeks behind last week due to being away again. I'm just finding it very very difficult to get music time. 

It's overall a positive thing though, it's making me mess about when I do get time that I'd probably just spend staring at my phone if it wasn't for Weekly Music, even if it doesn't end up with something worth recording.

Got to agree with you Vim - starting to struggle a bit. I could use older tracks - but i want to do more complex electronic arrangements, which take time for me.

Must push on but i don't think my quality will get much better.

Quite pleased with this week's track. More space ambient, inspired by some Wikipedia reading I was doing this week.

The only thing I'm not happy with is there seems to be some sort of panning weirdness on the bass when it should be right in the middle.

One positive about weekly music for me has been that it's finally made me start thinking about mixing and mastering. I've always been very lazy on that front, now I'm trying to do some tweaking at the end to improve the overall sound.

• Upvote 1