Jolly

Your Most Anticipated of 2019

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Doom Eternal

Valve knuckle controllers*

Unknown Valve VR games*

*Not as yet confirmed but I think these are coming soon

10 hours ago, Fargo said:

Resident Evil 2. I don’t remember a time I’ve ever been so hyped for a game. Myself and a few friends have rented a house for the weekend so we can get together for the first play through. 

When it originally came out, a friend’s sister had a Wendy house in the back garden, so we set up the tv and PlayStation with an extension cable running from the house and stayed the night in there playing the game.

When we first saw the licker run past the window one friend declared “it’s a raptor!” and we then set up glass bottles near the entrances to the garden so we’d hear when someone came in to murder us which was definitely going to happen.

• Upvote 4

DQB2

Loved the first game & the sequel includes co-op play so will be perfect to enjoy with the kids.

I expect the following to be delayed to 2020.

The Outer Worlds

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Ghosts of Tushima

Last of Us 2

Death Stranding

Also Left Alive from Square Enix set in the Front Mission universe.

Oh my god! Iron Harvest :wub:

I expect lots more I can’t remember or don’t know about yet.

Better hurry up and finish the back catalogue, Just one more session on Cities Skyline first ...

• Upvote 2

I'm really looking forward to Anthem after having thoroughly bounced off Destiny 2 in 2018.

I meed something to fill that gap. I also very much doubt it'll appear in 2019 but Cyberpunk is by far the game I'm most looking forward to.

Last of Us 2, but I can't think of anything else other than Cyberpunk, which I highly doubt will make it out in 2019. 

Anthem looks alright, but it just looks like Mass Effect Andromeda with mech suits ... it's not a good look. 

17 hours ago, Stanley said:

I hope it's a spooky house.

We did look for a Spencer style mansion but couldn’t find anything that didn’t cost a fortune haha 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bobontheway said:

I'm really looking forward to Anthem after having thoroughly bounced off Destiny 2 in 2018.

I meed something to fill that gap. I also very much doubt it'll appear in 2019 but Cyberpunk is by far the game I'm most looking forward to.

I’m hoping it’s good but will take the wait & see approach to see if Bioware have delivered before buying. I gave up on Destiny 2 quite early on & RDR2 online I hate the griefers. I need a multiplayer PvE game to enjoy.

Resident Evil 2 for me. That’s all I need for now. Taken a week off from work from release day just for this. 

And after that I hope there’s a Nintendo Direct soonish with MP4 coming out at the end of the year but probably not. 

Ghosts of Tsushima, Sekiro, Doom Eternal, Resi 2, Dying Light 2. Also Total War Three Kingdoms in the unlikely circumstance I manage to cobble together a pc to play it on.

Potentially the Star Wars thing Respawn is making, and I am curious about Generation Zero and Atomic Heart. 

Looks like it's going to be a better year than 2018 - which was a good-not-great sort of year. 

13 hours ago, deerokus said:

Ghosts of Tsushima, Sekiro, Doom Eternal, Resi 2, Dying Light 2. Also Total War Three Kingdoms in the unlikely circumstance I manage to cobble together a pc to play it on.

Potentially the Star Wars thing Respawn is making, and I am curious about Generation Zero and Atomic Heart. 

Looks like it's going to be a better year than 2018 - which was a good-not-great sort of year. 

Good call on Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. With Respawn at the helm it's bound to be a good SW game. Finally.

I just can't see Prime 4 happening in 2019, I think we'll get to see it for the first time but 2020 is more likely.

I mean Nintendo already have new Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion and Possibly Bayonetta 3 - no doubt padded out with Wii U ports and what have you. I want to be wrong but I can't see it.

Speaking of Platinum, Babylon's Fall is supposed to come out in 2019, even though we don't really know what it is. Probably an aRPG with SE as its publisher.

• Upvote 1

Can't think of a single outstanding title to be honest, maybe if pushed I would go for The Outer Worlds if that game can provide a sort of New Vegas RPG experience, also Control if that is out in 2019.  Hopefully there will be some titles coming out of the blue like The Council this year.

Anthem is the great unknown for SP experience given the release date is fast approaching. RE2 and Metro will likely be play and trades at best.  Vesperia will be given a second chance (I hit some issue with combat first time around).  Crackdown 3 will be on Game pass.  Then there are RPGs such as Pillars 2 and Wasteland 3 which should be hitting console this year, together with the AAs like Elex 2,  Greedfall and Plague Tale.

34 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Speaking of Platinum, Babylon's Fall is supposed to come out in 2019, even though we don't really know what it is. Probably an aRPG with SE as its publisher.

I'm super-hyped for this (I made a thread!); the last time SE and Platinum did a big console release we got Nier Automata - but I'm nervous about the fact that we know so little about it. I imagine we'll get another trailer in 2019 with a Q4 or 2020 date... or it could release sooner and be a small-budget experimental thing?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Can't think of a single outstanding title to be honest, maybe if pushed I would go for The Outer Worlds if that game can provide a sort of New Vegas RPG experience, also Control if that is out in 2019.  Hopefully there will be some titles coming out of the blue like The Council this year.

Anthem is the great unknown for SP experience given the release date is fast approaching. RE2 and Metro will likely be play and trades at best.  Vesperia will be given a second chance (I hit some issue with combat first time around).  Crackdown 3 will be on Game pass.  Then there are RPGs such as Pillars 2 and Wasteland 3 which should be hitting console this year, together with the AAs like Elex 2,  Greedfall and Plague Tale.

Dying Light 2?

January 18 is when we strap up, don our flight helmets and take to the skies once again. Deluxe version of AC7 pre-ordered. Same day release as RE2 remake is a bit of a bummer, look fwd to getting that eventually too. If they manage to (finally) localise Zettai Zetsumai Toshi 4 and give it a euro release i'll be all over that. 

Hope to get my first psvr experiences in 2019. Love AC and WipEout and can't wait to try them in VR, also heard that Astrobot game is pretty good. Also mean to pick up Monster Boy and Tetris Effect somewhere down the line. 

Must be suffering severe souls fatigue as Sekiro isn't doing anything for me atm. Probably going to be epic though. 

These titles and the continued awesomeness of Let it Die make 2019 look very promising indeed. 

Resident Evil 2

The Division 2

Anthem

No, Sekiro is not on my list. I'm sure it'll be a great 'once-only' game, but build diversity is why i play Souls, and this has none of that.

Sekiro, mainly. 

Lost a lot of enthusiasm for it when I heard they dropped the multiplayer, as that's been such a huge part of Soulsbourne for me. 

Regained it when I heard they are describing it as different from Soulsbourne as it's an "adventure" game.  The one genre I really don't think needs to be multiplayer, even these days.