Sh****st game you ever got bought

Go on, what is it? 

I remember being about 8 and my dad bought us Krustys fun house on the mega drive. It was dog shit. From the second you turned it on with the Krusty sound bite, HI KIDS, I knew I was in trouble 

I had to sit playing it with a smile on my face when deep down it was miserable. 

Whats a pile of turd someone bought you and you had to pretend it was great? 

19 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

Rise of the Robots (MD) wins this for me, at a canter.

This. Followed closely by Brutal: Paws of Fury on the Mega CD.

Sure, the hype for Rise can be used as an excuse for that game but I've no idea what I was thinking for the latter. Though I do remember looking at the back of the box in Tandy and seeing its impressive graphics....yeah, they were stills from the animated intro :( 

One Christmas I got Afterburner for the Commodore 64. It came in a big box, I remember- maybe with patches and shit like World Cup Carnival. 

The game was bloody terrible. Not the programmers fault - I’m sure it was just an impossible task. Really hard to  play as you couldn’t see what was going on. The C64 only had one button on its joysticks so they programmed it to be on auto fire permanently while the fire button shot missiles. 

bought and played? or just bought?

I bought a copy of The Sniper 2 on 3 Apr 2017. Still not played it.

and played, cos I own a jaguar, so take your pick...

Bubsy FFT

Club Drive

etc...

or do you mean "at launch"?

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I remember being about 8 and my dad bought us Krustys fun house on the mega drive. It was dog shit. From the second you turned it on with the Krusty sound bite, HI KIDS, I knew I was in trouble 

34 minutes ago, mexos said:

Steel Battalion. Fortunately I realised quickly and got rid, amazing for a little profit. 

Both of those games are great, you mad people.

The worst game I was ever bought is probably a toss-up between one of two forgotten ST games, both of which I still actually quite enjoyed because I was a) very young, and b) they had undeservedly good music. They were:

Yogi's Great Escape:

Chronicles of Omega:

Both complete tosh, and yet I somehow extracted entertainment from them, and enjoy their (solitary) pieces of music to this day.

Tunnel B1 was bundled with our Chrimbo PlayStation way back when. Fortunately, we'd convinced my mum to get us Tomb Raider, Wipeout 2097 and Resi or something, too. Maybe even FFVII when I think back. Tunnel B1 was actually OK but shittest someone ever got me. I heard that it was the first game to implement twin stick FPS controls as we know them today. Might be bollocks. 

Brink. 

Genuinely thought it would be a decent MP experience and it was broken from day one. The truly aggravating factor behind my frustration with it was there were occasional glimpses of the promise. The net code was abysmal though and it resonates as one of those miserable gaming experiences. 

That I convinced my wife to buy it for me, and that she laughed at how poor it was, adds further humiliation to the mix. 

I remember that Krusty game being decent too, I rented it one weekend and got a fair bit of fun out of it.

I'm sure there were probably plenty of worse games on the Atari ST that I don't really remember because I barely played them, but Castlevania: The Adventure springs to mind since I actually spent a shitload of time on it. When I was little I wanted a NES more for Castlevania than Mario, so when I got a Gameboy it was a natural one to request. Shame it's arguably the worst 2D game in the series :(. You could say the same for Super Mario Land I suppose, though it's a much better game overall. I didn't actually scratch the itch of playing a good Castlevania until about ten years later with SOTN.

At least I had Tetris.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Go on, what is it? 

I had to sit playing it with a smile on my face when deep down it was miserable. 

Whats a pile of turd someone bought you and you had to pretend it was great? 

I remember eing a child, and having the choice of that very same game ot Addams Family on the SNES...... I done fucked up and chose Krusty, I was not a happy bunny that day, almost as dissapointingly shit as buying a Jag and only having Cybermorph to play :(