Sign in to follow this  
neoELITE

Bird Box (Netflix Film) - Sandra Bullock

This was a silly film that was stupid throughout and the ending was just plain ridiculous. Having just watched The Meg and Skyscraper just prior, this was easily the one that, despite being up against a giant prehistoric shark and Jason Statham or The Rock with one leg jumping into a flaming building from quite some distance, was by far the least credible of the lot. There's so much not been mentioned here that I presume it's because it's all so obviously ridiculous and there's so much of it that it's just not worth the effort. Still really enjoyed it though, and why not. 

• Upvote 2

I really enjoyed this. Ending was weak but the rest was great fun, and quite tense and creepy in places.

Not been mentioned yet, but I thought the kids were absolutely superb, especially ‘Girl’. Amazing performance for such a littl’un. In the early scenes where they’re getting a Bullocking on how she’ll hurt them if they ever take their blindfolds off, the kids are just brilliant. And when Girl knows she’s about to be picked for river lookout duty, and volunteers first... I think I got a bit of dust in my eye.

• Upvote 3

20 mins in and I’m thinking if this music isn’t Trent, it’s a good rip off.

Turns out, it is! And it’s the best thing about the whole thing so far.

Oh God that RLM video is bang on. It's just so, so poorly structured it self sabotages its own pacing. Could have been great with some changes, but it's really just a bit of a mess.

• Upvote 2

I just watched and enjoyed this despite thinking that it would be pretty lame. Good performances all round and I like how there wasn't an explanation for the goings on. Can't believe the doctor was the lassie out of ER and Bend it Like Beckham!  4 skullls out of 5.