Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

I’m on 7 clears and am trying again with Stygian blade - the one where the special increases your chance of crits. I’m currently not hopeful, unless I get some very good boons in short order. 

Also need to do a shield run, I think. 

@Jamie John Definitely still having issues with the achievements. 

42 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Saying that I still haven't had a single win with the bow. Goddamn bow.  Only weapon left now. 

See, the bow is by far my most successful weapon. There's a couple of aspects for it which completely wreck shop. It's interesting how different people's playstyles suit the different weapons.

21 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Definitely still having issues with the achievements. 

Yeah, me too - some have loaded in but others, which I've definitely unlocked, haven't. I've got into the habit of closing the game and reloading it each day now.

4 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Yeah, me too - some have loaded in but others, which I've definitely unlocked, haven't. I've got into the habit of closing the game and reloading it each day now.

Achievements always seem  to come through next day now. However  I'm sure I swatted Thanatos and definately purged 2 legendary boons, neither unlocked for me.

16 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Achievements always seem  to come through next day now. However  I'm sure I swatted Thanatos and definately purged 2 legendary boons, neither unlocked for me.

Yeah, I should have the one where I beat Than by 15 or more, and the one for beating T&M with Extreme Measures, but neither have popped. Today and yesterday, though, I unlocked the Loyalty Card one, as well as a couple of others, instantly, without any issues at all.

I'm going to push on with my current save to unlock as many more as I can and get the Epilogue, then start a new save to mop up the ones I would have got before if I'd started over from the beginning. I don't think any of them require a huge amount of skill; it's more just time investment, but seeing as this is extremely addictive, I'm not bothered about that, and I'm still unlocking stuff. I can't ever imagine having enough gems/diamonds to unlock all the cosmetic stuff or music, though. I've bought up all of the things which affect your runs already.

Amazingly, I managed to beat Hades with the Stygian blade and 0 death defiances. Build was overall a bit poo but I had Artemis’ call and a lovely boost to Call generation so loosed off Greater Call like 3 times in the fight. 

Shield is the only weapon I’ve not cleared the game with. I don’t know why but it didn’t occur to me to use it to block Tisiphone’s attacks at all. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Bah, I should have unlocked the achievement for using a god's Greater Call against them in a trial but it didn't pop. That's a kick in the balls.

I did manage to do the first

Spoiler

Skelly's trinket run, though, which requires you to have 8 heat. Also got the Champions of Elysium one, despite it being the third time I've beat T and M under extreme measures.

24 minutes ago, df0 said:

Question about Bouldy I do not wish to google in case of big(ger) spoilers.

Hide contents

Does handing it Nectar ever accomplish anything?

I was wondering this, too. I don't think it does. You're definitely better off giving it to Sisyphus in the first instance, anyway, as he needs 

Spoiler

about six to start the sidequest that unlocks him as a companion.

I've found, in general, that you need a bucket load of nectar to complete all the achievement prophecies. Thankfully, you can convert your gems into keys and then 5 keys into nectar with the broker.

25 minutes ago, df0 said:

Question about Bouldy I do not wish to google in case of big(ger) spoilers.

Hide contents

Does handing it Nectar ever accomplish anything?

Spoiler

He gives you a boon which is extra damage or dodge. From what I've noticed anyway 

I’ve gone back to this on Switch with everyone talking about it again and enjoying it just as much. I only managed a couple of escapes before moving on to something else. 

A question on the nectar. I’ve got a few of the gods to one of those padlocked hearts, but I’m not then sure what to do to “deepen the relationship” and feel like the game hasn’t made it obvious to me (albeit I’m probably an idiot and missed something staring me in the face). 

2 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

I’ve gone back to this on Switch with everyone talking about it again and enjoying it just as much. I only managed a couple of escapes before moving on to something else. 

A question on the nectar. I’ve got a few of the gods to one of those padlocked hearts, but I’m not then sure what to do to “deepen the relationship” and feel like the game hasn’t made it obvious to me (albeit I’m probably an idiot and missed something staring me in the face). 

Spoiler

Ambrosia is needed which is the big jar of it you get everytime you best area 3 bosses with a different weapon. And of course for trading stuff. 

3 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

You need to give them a better vintage of nectar.

Spoiler

The ambrosia that you get when you beat Theseus and Minotaur.

8 hours ago, Delargey said:

Im loving hearing all the stories of your games but you new players have just made me realise how terrible I am this game. 

Shhh most of them have God mode turned on.

1 hour ago, OneDvBmbr said:

You end up talking to them a lot more, or the other gods they're associated with, and eventually they'll offer you a quest or just unlock. Then you can start feeding them ambrosia.

The one I'm a bit confused by is...

Spoiler

Hades.

On the PC version, I'd died so much before I finally finished, that by the time I'd escaped ten times I was immediately able to unlock that padlock. I'm now at 22-23 clears on the Xbox, across ~50 runs or so, and haven't had the option yet...

14 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I assumed God mode was invincibility which sounds a bit like a rubbish way to play the game. 

It's actually (like the rest of the game) really well thought out and effective; essentially it gives you 20% extra defence right off the bat, then +2% more defence each time you die. I got to the credits without it, but now I've turned it off because I'm interested in getting through all the sidequests and extra content. Having it enabled doesn't gate off any of the achievements, either. It's great.

Another question, this time regarding Bouldy's other half.

Spoiler

I have access to the room with the scrolls and I am tasked in finding a piece of parchment that somehow absolves him. How do I continue this chain? I had the quest for what feels like ages and it never progresses. Is it an upgrade/renovation I need to buy with Darkness?

44 minutes ago, df0 said:

Another question, this time regarding Bouldy's other half.

Hide contents

I have access to the room with the scrolls and I am tasked in finding a piece of parchment that somehow absolves him. How do I continue this chain? I had the quest for what feels like ages and it never progresses. Is it an upgrade/renovation I need to buy with Darkness?

Spoiler

You need to give him 6 bottles of Nectar, then speak to him several more times, as well as speaking to Nyx and Hades about him, then visit the Admin Chamber. 

I'm getting through the sidequests and prophecies myself at the moment, and a good rule of thumb if in doubt is to just give more nectar!

I can only talk, there's no gift option.

To elaborate a bit more:

Spoiler

Hades told me something akin to "sure boy, if you finally decide to do some work you could find the scroll".

Nyx told me something I can not remember.

I can not gift anything to him.