IGNORED

Hades - coming to Xbox and PlayStation Aug 13th!

robdood

30 minutes ago, Ry said:

20th run. Made it to final boss. Then he killed me when i had maybe 5 hits left to kill him. 

Have to say, i was annoyed and nearly uninstalled:lol:

Rage uninstalling is the new taking the disc out and cobbling it across the room :lol:

Beat the 3rd boss for the first time using a drunk, hungover and extra critical chance build with the railgun. Only the base charge, and no call.

They've really struck a sweet spot in terms of mixing things up and introducing new stuff, so repeated runs don't get stale.

I don't get on with the spear and the bow seems really tricky to use. Others are all good  simply don't know which to prioritise (usually grab the bous exp one).

I tend to ignore the Special on the spear, I've never found an appropriate boon for it. I aim for increased attack, long reach and triple point. That in combination with for example lightning deals damage fast.

5 minutes ago, df0 said:

I tend to ignore the Special on the spear, I've never found an appropriate boon for it. I aim for increased attack, long reach and triple point. That in combination with for example lightning deals damage fast.

The special i found to be the most overpowered weapon so far. 

Having it as a really fast attack and have an area of effect explosion was brilliant. 

1 hour ago, footle said:

Yeah, good luck with that.

Nearly killed him!

I just want to say that starting music with just the beat that kicks off at the start of a run.

Special that is. Very special indeed. 

Gets you all hype and ready to kick ass. 

Hidden Boss spoiler 

Spoiler

Yeah not a good idea to steal from Charon

Fucking bastarding cunt last boss with his 

Spoiler

Extra life bar. 

Thought I had him. 

I think I will stick with my favourite weapon rather than always picking the purple one at the start. 

3 hours ago, Ry said:

Fucking bastarding cunt last boss with his 

Reveal hidden contents

Extra life bar. 

Thought I had him. 

I think I will stick with my favourite weapon rather than always picking the purple one at the start. 

Told you. I did beat him with about 75 health this evening, but I had a bit of a cheat build with life steal if I needed it, and there’s no way you’ve unlocked enough for that yet :)

Played a bunch of this in May and have been getting back in to it this week. Got my first escape on run 37 after a couple of heartbreakers where I fell in the boss fight.

Sometimes it all comes together, your first boon is powerful and you are able to supplement it as you go. My final build focused on extremely powerful Cast that had splash damage and a lot of other benefits, and I only really used my main weapon (the sword) for deflecting projectiles. It's delightful that you can put a wonky build like that together and it still perform.

Can't wait to get stuck in again, the stuff that unlocks after your first clear is very intriguing.

I'm surprised people are finding the bow so tricky - I got my first clear with it! It's good for keeping out of the way and zoning enemies. I find it especially useful in Elysium against those chariot fuckers. Once you've learned the timing for the charged shot you can deal some serious damage with it, too, particularly if you can line several enemies up in a row as they're spawning.

I'm still only on 1 win since run 23 and now on run 35. I stopped using heat to just try and get a clear using some of the other weapons. 

Elysium boss is generally where I fall using the spear it seems. Think I'm too agressive. 

Game doesn't get old and every run is just superb. Your always learning, always finding new synergies with the boons. 

I now understand all the praise and awards. 

Threads like this always remind me how shit I am at games.  16 runs and only just beat Meg, although did it twice in a row, so definitely making progress.  Shield seems to be working best for me so far.  Incredible game, it just oozes quality.

I bought this on Switch a while back, and while I liked it, I wasn’t very good at it. I have a Switch Lite so maybe the small screen was the problem?!

Anyway thanks to Gamepass I’ve started again with much more success, switching between my desktop and new laptop depending on the time of day. I’m enjoying it a lot more, and I appreciate the artwork more on the bigger screen. It’s lovely! Only 8 runs in and just started the second area (took me something like 20 odd runs to defeat Meg on the Switch!)

And done. Am in the middle of a run now so can not check the stats, but I reckon I am well in 60+ runs.

Time was like 30 minutes and chance.

Spear, extra reach and damage lvl 4 to 5, Legendary damage reduction, homing Doom Cast, 3 extra lives (lost 1 in Elysian, lost 1 to last boss), Deflect Ult. I'm very sure the Legendary Damage reduction and Deflect Ult won me the game in the end.

So now the real game starts.

I'm finding the story really interesting, makes me wonder if I should pick up some books on this stuff.

Anyway, I beat Meg every time now (4, I think) which makes me feel much more confident going in. Funny how quickly your mentality changes. Very much like the Concierge in Dead Cells. On my first go, I got the next boss down to about 1/4, which really surprised me. Going to stick with bow, it's how I play in other games and I think I'm mentally stuck there, but the game changer is having a boon for damage on dash, because now you can make yourself useful getting out of melee range. On some barge after Meg, all I did was dash and occasionally hit bow special.

I'm struggling with cast, and so having spent coins to unlock stuff at the mirror was slightly disappointed to see they're both for upgrading cast. I think this is telling me I need to get better at cast.

42 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I'm finding the story really interesting, makes me wonder if I should pick up some books on this stuff.

Anyway, I beat Meg every time now (4, I think) which makes me feel much more confident going in. Funny how quickly your mentality changes. Very much like the Concierge in Dead Cells. On my first go, I got the next boss down to about 1/4, which really surprised me. Going to stick with bow, it's how I play in other games and I think I'm mentally stuck there, but the game changer is having a boon for damage on dash, because now you can make yourself useful getting out of melee range. On some barge after Meg, all I did was dash and occasionally hit bow special.

I'm struggling with cast, and so having spent coins to unlock stuff at the mirror was slightly disappointed to see they're both for upgrading cast. I think this is telling me I need to get better at cast.

Yeah I ignored cast for ages at first as there was so much else to think about, but it will absolutely decide a run, especially as it can be an absolute beast after only one or two boons.

4 hours ago, sammy said:

Threads like this always remind me how shit I am at games.  16 runs and only just beat Meg, although did it twice in a row, so definitely making progress.  Shield seems to be working best for me so far.  Incredible game, it just oozes quality.

Don't worry it probably took me a similar amount of run and I still get beaten by her now after besting her maybe 2 or 3 times.

I get the impression it a game which you go through many phases on. At this point I am not really bothering with progression, its all about working towards unlocks, messing with the weapons and enjoying the story. If its like returnal, I will end up enjoying the intricate mechanics and creating crazy builds

And another clear immediately after. I had an Ult combo that neutered any boss: -75% Ult bar, auto charge, Charm. Which meant every 3 to 4 seconds I could charm any boss for approx. 1 second. Charm, dash in, attack, dash out, charm, dash in attack, dash out.