Sign in to follow this  
mwaawm

Panasonic A Custom video cable

Back in the day someone on here did some custom video cables for the Q, mine is packed away in the loft now and I was searching on the web to see if I could remind myself why I paid a premium for that cable but didn't turn up anything. Anyone else remember them?

I have both that Saurian cable and the original GC component cable.

They both need the version of the Gamecube that has 2 ports to work. 

The modded cable takes the component one I believe and wires it up to be an RGB output, but also combines 2 RCA phono leads for the audio. At the time not everyone really had a TV that would take component, so this was the best way to get a picture up on a non component TV iirc.

The official component cable only delivers the image, so you presumably use the 2 phono cables from the composite lead that comes boxed with it.

I built one back in the day! It was an easy mod-job really, when you knew what you were doing. 

IIRC, all that was pulled from the AV port was the composite sync. So you grabbed RGB from the component output, composite sync from the Nintendo AV port and also audio L/R if you needed it :)

The only issue is with the component cable, which is really rare as it has a dedicated chip in it :/