rllmuk
strider

Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom

It would be a disservice NOT to get it!

Just spent another 3 hours on this. Some pretty tricky platforming in the section I just did, both puzzling and dexterity. It kept me going for a while! Just got what I guess is my last monster. 

Everyone needs this game on their to buy list. It’s an essential purchase IMO

• Upvote 2

It's a shame with the timing of the release of this among all the heavy hitters that most of us (possibly me included) are going to wait for a coming discount to get this. With all the love and care obviously put into the gameplay mechanics, visuals and music by the developer. And the risk of thinking of this as another Dragon's Trap. Probably won't sell as much as it should. 

On 22/12/2018 at 10:08, Mrs Horribleman said:

I almost bounced off hollow knight in the first ten hours to be honest. After that though it was incredible and I think I haven't loved a game that much for years. 

Glad you liked it but almost bouncing off it for 10 hours is not masterpiece status. 

I really want to get Monster Boy, it looks absolutely fantastic. I'd love physical though but it's too expensive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone else experiencing a very annoying bug right at the point of completing the game? My screen just goes black straight after defeating the end boss!

The game is absolutely immense though. Well worth the asking price as far as I'm concerned!

Absolutely immense is a great way to describe it.

I am regularly being wowed by it. Whether it’s a particularly cunning way to a secret area, a new type of gameplay or just a wonderful detail on something, it continues to impress.

I wandered around this morning looking for hidden stuff and found all sorts!

One tip I have actually, as soon as you get access to the Prince’s bracelet get it upgraded and wear it. It doubles the amount of money you get, which is SUPER handy for buying stuff. The game’s not stingy with money but it’s not exactly liberal with it either, so this is a good way to get cash.

It’s a shame they didn’t do a WW physical release for this. When digital games regularly come out for like £15, I definitely understand paying over £30 feels expensive. Having the option of a physical version I think would have helped people accept the price.

The fact that this thread is only 3 pages long shows a lack of buy in, which is a shame because it’s...absolutely immense!

• Upvote 1

Oh wow, I was going to say that I got mine from videogamesplus, but checking their website both the PS4 and the Switch versions have sold out! I guess everyone is looking to get the physical version.

Wow this game is a lot bigger than I thought, I still haven’t finished it yet!

Just spent an age on the last area as I missed a room that had an important item, so I wandered around more than I probably should. Was an amazing area though, some proper fiendish puzzles!

Oh and boss of that area has an AMAZING and totally missable initial setup. I couldn’t believe what I had to do! That kept me going for a while!

48 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Jesus. Physical edition is £80 now.

I guess this was a limited run and there's no hope of finding it for a standard price?

It's $40 plus postage and import duty on Amazon.com. Unless you really want the instructions and sticker sheet that came with the launch edition?

On 25/12/2018 at 12:58, Mrs Horribleman said:

Despite what it might look like, I think this is great. 

I do not like the music though. Is it similar to the other games?

Most of the songs in it are remixes from The Dragons Trap. A couple of songs are by one of the composers who worked on Symphony of the Night, and are also amazing, partly because they sound so similar to SOTN!

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Can you play this without being familiar with the rest of the series?

Of course. There are a few lovely easter eggs in it for people familar with the series though.

Got to the last boss in this now.

I can’t believe there’s not more buzz about this game. The finale has some outstanding moments.

I bailed on the last boss to do some clean up. Been wandering around Lupia Village trying to figure out its secrets but, jeez, it’s SUPER fiendish. Can’t figure it out right now.

Really hope this does well for the team, would love for them to get a chance to work on something else.