sega outrun (bait and) switch (10/01/19)

SeanR

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

Tbh, not that I dont love Outrun, I’d prefer Power Drift. Still ticked that Sega locked that off from the 3ds eshop.

On the Switch screen those pixels would look glorious!

They look gorgeous on the 3DS too!

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DC said:

Is that an F40 ‘spider’ in Turbo Outrun?

Yeah!

loved Turbo Outrun.

Sega said they would release new games in the ages range first but so far, they’re releasing the sale old stuff.

I want to play Turbo or outrunners over the OG. Or even Just coast to coast

• 3 years later...

I’ve never understood the appeal of upright racer cabs. I mean, I get that it’s cheaper than a sit-down cab, and takes up less space, but from a player point of view I’ve always found the need to operate the pedals while standing quite awkward (as demonstrated by my inability to get beyond Forest on a Sega Rally upright recently).

9 minutes ago, Popo said:

I’ve never understood the appeal of upright racer cabs. I mean, I get that it’s cheaper than a sit-down cab, and takes up less space, but from a player point of view I’ve always found the need to operate the pedals while standing quite awkward (as demonstrated by my inability to get beyond Forest on a Sega Rally upright recently).

They used to have a stand up Outrun at Rollerbury in Bury St Edmunds, and that was even worse because you’d have roller skates on.