rllmuk
Harsin

(Some) Streamers Are The Worst

Sledgehammer bans are so passé. Let him come back but give him a special title or skin which can’t be changed, or bias matchmaking for cheaters so that they’re joined by other cheaters. Way more fun :P 

If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime. 

Harsh maybe, but they will ease up on it in a while, just letting him sweat. Some people are moaning that the penalties are inconsistent and Epic aren’t clear what the punishments are for various offences. I like that, RNG punishment is brilliant - makes the risk/reward element of cheating unpredictable. Don’t want to gamble, don’t cheat. Simple. 

3 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Sledgehammer bans are so passé. Let him come back but give him a special title or skin which can’t be changed, or bias matchmaking for cheaters so that they’re joined by other cheaters. Way more fun :P 

By the by, glitching money's by far the most fun I had in GTA V's multiplayer. Getting one over on Rockstar in a game that glorifies crime against the greedy was a perfect fit. Best crime sim.

On 08/07/2019 at 17:16, JohnC said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-48904987

The guy who assaulted his pregnant partner while streaming has pleaded guilty. 

And he's been sentenced to a 14 month good behaviour bond.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nsw-fortnite-livestream-gamer-spared-jail-for-domestic-assault-20191113-p53a6u.html

A Sydney gamer who inadvertently live-streamed himself assaulting his pregnant partner has narrowly avoided being sent to jail....sentenced to a 14-month good behaviour bond after being convicted of domestic violence-related common assault.

His lawyer told Picton Local Court the assault was "just a slap".

"He's a loving, caring person with no history of domestic violence," 

"On this day he just slapped his partner."

He withdrew his remarks after being rebuked by magistrate Mark Douglass.

"I would not in any way accept the submission this was just a slap in the face. The court rejects that submission," Mr Douglass said.

As for consequences

The court heard that (he) had on several occasions lost his job due to widespread media coverage, had wept after the incident was publicised on gaming websites and he was abused via social media.

More at the link.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Because it 'just' being a slap is alright. Jesus fucking Christ.

I was actually surprised that the judge made the defence withdraw that given the absolute disregard and disrespect women are usually granted by the legal system in Oz.

On 06/11/2019 at 17:27, Joystick Chevron said:

The only streamer I have time for is Asuka's/Kana's. A wonderous demon in the ring, the most adorable klutz in the world trying to play Forza or American Truck Simulator. All this and she does cooking videos too.

Great woman.

On 06/11/2019 at 16:27, Joystick Chevron said:

The only streamer I have time for is Asuka's/Kana's. A wonderous demon in the ring, the most adorable klutz in the world trying to play Forza or American Truck Simulator. All this and she does cooking videos too.

Does she stream live on YouTube? I've just seen the (great) cooking videos.

How DSP continues to scrape 300 odd viewers a day is beyond me.  Still, it is funny as his detractors continue generate more traffic than he does.

You know something is wrong when people are more interested in watching and support streams/videos ridiculing you.

On 05/11/2019 at 15:54, rafaqat said:

People watch other people play sports much better than them all the time dude. I think watchin excessibe amounts of youtube/twitch is bad but I don' think there's anything wrong with watching people play a game well.    Aimbot usage was stupid though. 

It isn't bad. I sacked off my TV license in 2013 and use YT as my main source of entertainment. It's great with a decent adblocker and I get to watch loads of programs that suit me.

On 12/12/2019 at 14:35, replicant said:

How DSP continues to scrape 300 odd viewers a day is beyond me.  Still, it is funny as his detractors continue generate more traffic than he does.

You know something is wrong when people are more interested in watching and support streams/videos ridiculing you.

He's still going? Is he still begging for donations for the first hour of his stream, for people to pay his bills?

2 hours ago, Pixelbark said:

He's still going? Is he still begging for donations for the first hour of his stream, for people to pay his bills?

You know it. Professional beggar with zero self-esteem.