rllmuk
Harsin

(Some) Streamers Are The Worst

As you all know we live in the brave new world where watching streams of games is almost (if not more) popular than playing the damn things. I find streamers perversely facscinating. It's as if a genie appeared one day to someone with no usual transferable skills and said 'Hey master, I can make you a millionaire, all you have to do is play your favourite game on camera and just try not to say racist/mysogynist/homophobic things'. Pretty good deal right? Shame most of them can’t even manage that bare minimum.

Usually they just end up screaming the N-word when they get shot or decide to go into a rant about how feminazis are taking over the world halfway through a game of Fortnite. This winner decided to take it one step further and actually capture himself physically assaulting his partner live. Why? For the cardinal crime of interrupting him while playing his vidya game. Warning, the video is pretty disturbing. Nice of him to record all the evidence the courts will need though.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3
  • Empathy 3

Jesus that's horrific. If it could even possibly get any worse,  there's a kid there too. What an awful shitpile of a human.

Epic should ban him for life. In fact every game related company should ban him too, and then everyone he has ever known should watch that and disown him.

Cunt.

• Upvote 4

Prick. (That's aimed at the guy in the videos).

On the general subject of streamers, I've tried now and then to get on board with a walkthrough of something I'm playing, but it seems to attract people with zero wit or charisma. Pretty tough going as a viewer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

Jesus that's horrific. If it could even possibly get any worse,  there's a kid there too. What an awful shitpile of a human.

Epic should ban him for life. In fact every game related company should ban him too, and then everyone he has ever known should watch that and disown him.

Cunt.

Why does it have to extend to everything in existence? Just wondering.

I mean, clearly terrible person, partner and father and now in jail. But when it comes to the chance of reform, essentially wishing the person disowned, alone and dead out of anger (which is fine, wish I could punch his face too, I get that) is not being above him, imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

It's a totally normal, human knee-jerk emotional reaction.
I'm sure if Gizamaluke was in charge of his rehabilitation rather than just posting his immediate thoughts to the internet, it'd be different.

5 minutes ago, NEG said:

Why does it have to extend to everything in existence? Just wondering.

I mean, clearly terrible person, partner and father and now in jail. But when it comes to the chance of reform, essentially wishing the person disowned, alone and dead out of anger (which is fine, wish I could punch his face too, I get that) is not being above him, imo.

Actions should always carry a consequence. 

Just to be clear, so far as I could tell his wife had the audacity to interrupt his game of Fortnite because she was having a hard time feeding a baby. His response was to punch her in the face. Then when she complained about being assaulted and he still couldn't get back to his game of Fortnite he attacked her again.

I think the consequences should extend pretty far don't you?

• Upvote 4

According to some dodgy websites I've never heard of (and tweets from people I've never heard of), his wife was also arrested (the charges were later dropped), and apparently prior to that clip she kept hitting him and throwing things at him. She's also apparently pregnant.*

*All of this could be absolute bollocks, it's hard to know how accurate the reports are.

• Downvote 1

On first viewing I didn’t make it to the part in the video where the creator says ‘this is why people become gay, by the way’.

It’s unfortunate that it’s presented with a commentary but that’s what I found. I’ve since seen the stuff that came after the edited version, which is oddly the most disturbing part.

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Actions should always carry a consequence. 

Just to be clear, so far as I could tell his wife had the audacity to interrupt his game of Fortnite because she was having a hard time feeding a baby. His response was to punch her in the face. Then when she complained about being assaulted and he still couldn't get back to his game of Fortnite he attacked her again.

I think the consequences should extend pretty far don't you?

In the age of the internet, social networking, LinkedIn for work and all that jazz, eternal ban from everything pretty much would kill you from existence as a person.

Certainly ban the fortnite account, let family know so they can help the wife and kid. I'd just personally stop there. Prison will be no doubt be quite the experience.

Edit: Robotnik never did anything wrong, Timmo.

• Downvote 8

8 minutes ago, NEG said:

In the age of the internet, social networking, LinkedIn for work and all that jazz, eternal ban from everything pretty much would kill you from existence as a person.

Maybe don't punch your partner?

Fuck him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Heartbreaking. Some cultural context here. Australia has a

massive problem with violence directed at women, especially in a domestic sphere.

66 women have died this year, the vast majority male on female violence, and in most cases by partners of the deceased women.

It beggars belief that anyone would defend the streamers behaviour. 

Almost every women I know has had bad experiences with abusive men. It’s widespread and will take more than a generation to remove.

• Upvote 9

36 minutes ago, NEG said:

Certainly ban the fortnite account, let family know so they can help the wife and kid. I'd just personally stop there. Prison will be no doubt be quite the experience.

Edit: Robotnik never did anything wrong, Timmo.

I’d be surprised if he serves any sort of time for this or suffers any setbacks. I mean men who don’t know him have already got his back.

1 hour ago, Unofficial Who said:

I’d be surprised if he serves any sort of time for this or suffers any setbacks. I mean men who don’t know him have already got his back.

Wouldn't the video be enough proof of God knows how long term abuse the wife has possibly had? She'd have a lot of say I would have imagined.

Your probably right, though. If that's the case he'll learn nothing and consider the lack of twitch career nothing major to be bummed out about.

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, NEG said:

11 hours ago, Harsin said:

Then lots of maybe both sides are actually in the wrong and we should meet in the middle, so beloved of mentally stunted arseholes on the internet.

:sherlock:

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, macosx said:

That was a harrowing listen.

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t used for targeted courses in the future or even basic classes for young men in civics.

Too many Australian men from 20 years up are going to watch that clip and joke about it.