Benny

The Official Rllmuk Awards 2018 - Get Your Votes in Before January 14th!

Extend the deadline poll  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As anticipated, a few alterations as I've played/rememebered other things:

Original list removal:

On 08/12/2018 at 11:26, Wiper said:

Writing of the Year

W3. Vampyr

Additions:

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (game, hardware, or anything else)

Z4. Underworld Ascendant

Writing of the Year

W3. The Council

Best game character of the year

C1. Kassandra (Assassin's Creed Origins)

C2. Elizabeth (Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night)

C3. Isaac Jones (Into the Breach)

Alas, as far as mid-budget interactive period dramas made by French developers go, The Council just pipped Vampyr for me. Really it's Benny's fault for limiting us to but three entries!

1 hour ago, Wiper said:

As anticipated, a few alterations as I've played/rememebered other things:

Original list removal:

Additions:

Z4. Underworld Ascendant

Writing of the Year

W3. The Council

C1. Kassandra (Assassin's Creed Origins)

C2. Elizabeth (Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night)

C3. Isaac Jones (Into the Breach)

kassandra is in origins? I thought her and alexios were in odyssey?

Let us imagine for a moment that I am currently feeling quite sorry for myself as I sit alone, with a crappy cold, worrying that I may not be well enough to catch the train back to Wales tomorrow and thus may get to spend my Christmas holiday in an empty house, and that whilst in the throes of said cold plus not a small amount of self-pity I may have mixed up the names of the Assassin's Creed games.*

*to a not insignificant degree of shame, considering I should really have gotten used to the one called Odyssey being set in Ancient Greece by now. You know, if I want to at least pretend that my degrees in Classical Civilisation weren't entirely wasted.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

Game of the Year

A1. Tetris Effect

A2. Super Smash Bros Ultimate 

A3. Just Beats & Shapes 

A4. Into The Breach 

A5. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission 

Biggest Disappointment of the Year (game, hardware, or anything else)

Z1. Everyone ignoring Just Beats & Shapes 

Z2. Videogame development working practices, primarily the obscenely long hours

Z3. OnRush sales numbers (for clarity, loved the game - I'm disappointed it wasn't successful) 

Z4. Hollow Knight 

Z5. The actual game bit of Labo 

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Just Beats & Shapes

S2. Tetris Effect 

S3. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission 

Visual Design of the Year

V1. Tetris Effect 

V2. WipEout Omega Collection VR

V3. Just Shapes & Beats 

Writing of the Year

W1. Tetris Effect (Journey Mode) 

W2. Spider-Man

W3. Just Beats & Shapes 

Gaming Format (System) of the Year

F1. PSVR 

Publisher or Developer of the Year

P1. Enhance Games

Best Supported Game (released pre 2018) of the Year

B1. Splatoon 2

Your game of the year that didn't come out this year (basically what is your favourite game you played this year that came out in 2017 or earlier)

X1. Blazing Star

C1. The Colour Pink (Just Beats & Shapes) 

C2. Wii Fit Trainer (Super Smash Bros Ultimate) 

C3. Chain Chomp (Mario Tennis Aces) 

• Upvote 6

I really need to play Just Beats and Shapes. I weirdly keep forgetting it exists but every time I see it, I know I'd enjoy it. And then I forget about it again. 

• Upvote 1

Game of the Year

A1. Into The Breach

A2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

A3. Hitman 2

A4. Forza Horizon 4

A5. Red Dead Redemption 2

Z1. Fallout 76

Z2. 

Z3.

Z4.

Z5.

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice VR

S2. Red Dead Redemption 2

S3. Beatsaber

V1. Red Dead Redemption 2

V2. Dragonball Fighter Z

V3. Tetris Effect

Writing of the Year

W1. Red Dead Redemption 2

W2. 

W3.

F1. Nintendo Switch

P1. Ubisoft

B1. Fortnite

Your game of the year that didn't come out this year (basically what is your favourite game you played this year that came out in 2017 or earlier)

X1. Super Mario Odyssey

C1. Kassandra (Assassin's Creed Odyssey) 

C2. Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption 2)

C3. Dutch Van Der Linde (Red Dead Redemption 2)

• Upvote 1

Game of the Year

A1. Monster Hunter World

Easy choice for me. While my initial concerns about them stripping back some of the prep and busywork of the former monster hunter games turned out to only be a minor negative point. MHW has been an absolute joy to play. It’s just so stunning to look at these gigantic beasts fight each other. The jungle really does feel like a living breathing environment as you dash through vines and rivers in the pursuit of dragons, so you can wear their skin.

A2. Smash Brothers Ultimate

It’s like brawl and sm4sh had a baby, but it was good. The speed has returned to smash, and it’s amazing. Haven’t had a load of hours with it so far, but I’ve had enough to know it belongs on this list.

A3. Pokemon Let’s go Eevee

Get out of here yellow rat, the real star has finally got her own game. A great pick up and play pokemon game that serves as an appitiser for next years core game. It also served as a massive warning that I’m going to need a 2nd switch by the end of next year.

A4. WoW: Battle for azeroth

Very much an expansion in the skin of Legion before it. What bfa does well, I’ve never seen another game even come close to achieving. Mythic+ is at its peak right now, raiding continues to be amazing, and for the most part, it plays pretty damn well… I’ll come back to this game in a moment though...

A5. Monster Hunter XX Ultimate

It’s all the previous monster hunter games in one, and I can play it on the telly, and I’ve already stuck hundreds of hours into it. MonHun!!

Honourable mentions:

Under Night in Birth continues to be the best 2D fighter since third strike.

Blazblue cross tag was fun, but my mind isn’t as sharp as it used to be, and tag fighters are just too much for me these days.

Valk Chron 4 - I’ve only played two missions of it so far, as I’m saving it for going away next month. But really liked what I played. But that’s why it’s not on this list.

Z1. WoW: Battle for azeroth

Yeah… despite loving the game. It has A LOT of faults right now. The leveling felt disjointed and the story was all over the place. Characters turned into parodies of themselves and the whole “to get the real story you need to read the books as well” continues to be an issue.

The expansion was a rushed mess, forced out before it was ready due to legal reasons for offering a way to “prepurchase” the expansion.

Azerite gear is terrible, and sticking forced rarity onto 3 slots of your armor made little to no sense at all. Constantly having to gain xp to unlock the same traits you had previously is beyond irritating. Island expeditions could be so much greater than they currently are, but in the “RUSH FOR AZERITE” state, it’s just running into as many mobs as you can and AoEing until victory. Warfronts are a joke, content that’s not designed to be lost is just boring. And I don’t blame others for AFKing.

Patch 8.1 did bring some needed changes, such as a way to actually have a meaningful goal to work towards in the form of gear vendors and currencies. But, it arrived 4 months after the launch, and well, 8.1 is so little content and a bunch of fixes that should really have been there at launch. The specs that were launched broken got band-aid fixes rather than the reworking that was promised. It’s just too little too late. I’ve unsubbed (although I will say this isn’t due to the issues above, it’s more due to real life giving us absolutely no time to play in the way I’d like to, i.raiding) and can understand why so many others have as well. I hope they can fix it, but I can see them just doing what they did to WoD, and shelving the rest of the expansion and working on the next one instead.

Z2. Secret of Mana.

They remade SoM!!! It was shit. That’s all I have to say on the matter.

Z3. Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

I’m not sure why I was so disappointed by this. I didn’t like SFV that much when it first came out, but I was drawn back in due to that trailer and Sakura. Crush Counters and jump ins are still way too powerful. But regardless, I  was disappointed

Z4. Street Fighter 30th Anniversaries launch

Between it costing £10-20 quid more for the switch version (without USFIV!), and netplay being an absolute travesty. The launch for this was such a disappointment… But, I recently for it for £17 (american eshop), so all is forgiven.

Z5. Hearthstone

I just really hate their philosophy these days. I feel like they’re trying to bleed their player base dry with the sheer amount of expansions coming out on a yearly basis. We put quite a bit of money into Hearthstone a year or so back, and I hate how the games catch up mechanics boil down to throwing twenty quid at buying packs. It used to be a one or two main expansions a year, with some side stuff on the way, but it feels so greedy to have this cycle three times a year.

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Xenoblade 2: Torna expansion

It’s more Xenoblade 2 music, it’s fucking gorgeous. My favorite OST in an RPG for YEARS.

S2. Smash
S3. Pokemon

I’m just going to lump the above two together. Because they both do the same thing by tweaking a small part of my soul that was hidden away in such a wonderful manner. Both of the OSTs here are astonishing, and we don’t deserve them!

V1. Monster Hunter World

It’s stunning, it really is, and that’s all I have to say on the matter.

V2. BFA

For all of the faults, the art team seem to just constantly hit it out of the park with everything they touch. From a creepy ghost house, to the moment you first leave the undercity and just see everything that you’re used to being destroyed. The artists for WoW are amazing.

V3. D3 Switch
This game has no right running as well as it does. This is some dark arts shit at play here.

Writing of the Year

W1. Pokemon (AKA I really don't care)
2018 has been the year that has cemented the thought I’ve been slowly coming to realise. I just don’t care that much for “blockbuster” narrative driven games. That’s why you don’t see GoW here, or RDR2. Neither of them appealed to me at all, and I’ve not even been slightly tempted to go pick them up.

W2. Okami HD switch

I still love Okami, and the constant purchases I’ve made of this game over the year just go to say how I turn to it as comfort food for gaming. I just wanted to talk about Okami for a bit, and it came out this year, so I’m going to.

W3. ---

F1. The switch
I don’t even think I need to say why. I’m probably going to trade in the PS4 this year for a 2nd one.

P1. Nintendo

Duh

B1. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

It keeps coming back, and I’ll keep playing it. WHY hasn’t IT got a stage at evo? If Melee can, why can’t this as well. It’s pretty much fighting game perfection (expect with the balancing being generally horrible, but shhhhhh…).

Your game of the year that didn't come out this year (basically what is your favourite game you played this year that came out in 2017 or earlier)

X1. Viva Pinata TiP,

Every year, all years, bought a 360 for it last christmas and the missus’ has easily sunk as many hours into filling out her journal as I’ve played on monster hunter. I’m almost tempted to pick up a x-bone when they come down in price again just to get this in upscaled HD.

C1. “Olly” from work (Fallout 76)

A lot of people are going to put Fallout 76 as the biggest disappointment, and I don’t get why at all. It looked like absolute shite from the moment it was shown at E3. But loads of people bought it expecting a lot for some reason… One of these people was a work collegue of mine, and well, the schadenfreude I’ve had thanks to F76 has been amazing. Every day has been a new bug, exploit, banning, bag, price drop. All of which has led to me laughing my arse off the next morning at work.

C2. The dragonator man
Where’s his dragonator?

C3. Yeah boi herself

For some reason, Eevee doesn’t say her name (Only female Eevees are acceptable, restarting until you get one should be mandatory), she says “Yea boooiii”. Here, enjoy it…

https://twitter.com/ghoulrunnings/status/1063559880622133249

Eevee is adorable!

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Z2. Secret of Mana.

They remade SoM!!! It was shit. That’s all I have to say on the matter.

This probably should've been on my disappointment list as well, seeing how much I like the original, but instead i completely forgot about it. Just looked kind of pointless from the start, I think, so I never mustered much enthusiasm anyway.

I was hoping to get RDR2 finished in time to see whether or not it would make my list, but realistically I don't think I'm going to manage it, so here goes:

Game of the Year

A1. God of War (PS4)

Fuck the haters and believe the hype - this was fantastic. Triple A gaming at its finest. After not being especially enamored with the original series, I went in expecting a sub-Platinum brawler with some cringe-worthy sex scenes. Instead, I came out with possibly the best action game I've played since The Last of Us, a mature and affecting story, and the platinum trophy too. I thought it was entirely engaging, from beginning to end, and I completely believed in Atreus and Kratos' relationship. Can't wait to see what the developers do next.

A2. Hollow Knight (Switch)

The best 2D Metroidvania I've ever played. All the more astounding given that it was made my such a small studio. I really don't understand how anyone has this in their 'Disappointment' list. The best third-party game on the Switch.

A3. Shadow of the Colossus Remake (PS4)

A remake of quite possibly my favourite ever game was always going to be met with some skepticism by me, but Bluepoint did a fantastic job here. I won't pretend that I didn't find the controls frustrating at times, but apart from that this is everything a fan of the original could ask for.

A4. Dark Souls Remastered (Switch)

It's Dark Souls in bed - what more could you want? I will say, however, that having whizzed through it relatively quickly this time around, the drop-off in quality in some of the later levels was especially noticeable, particularly Demon Ruins. It's almost as if that bit wasn't even designed by From but outsourced to another company entirely.

A5. Into the Breach (Switch)

If this followed a more traditional linear structure, as opposed to a rogue-like one, it'd be a lot higher in my list. As it is, it's merely very, very good. A game to make your brain ache one second before making you feel like a genius the next. Better than FTL.

Z1. My complete lack of willpower and inability to stop myself from adding to my already teetering pile of shame. I've tried to make amends by not renewing my PS+ subscription and deleting HUKD from my phone, but I can't resist a bargain.

Z2. Diablo III (Switch)

I spent about 20 hours trying to fall in love with this, and at one point I thought I was going to, but ultimately I couldn't get past the fact that you seem to spend all of your time doing exactly the same bloody thing. It's interesting that in his latest Edge column, @Nate Dogg III writes about how much he loves how relaxing this game is, and the fact that he can play it while having one eye on the telly, but that's not what gaming is to me. I play games to be engaged - to escape and be drawn into the world that the developers have created. While I was playing this I spent most of my time thinking about the other things I could be doing. It felt like a thorough waste of time - a bigger-budget version of Candy Crush Saga.

Z3. Yoku's Island Express (Switch)

Tedious and trite.

Z4. Owlboy (Switch)

This looked a sounded wonderful. Shame the gameplay was more or less entirely one-note. A chore to finish.

Z5. The lack of first-party bangers for the Switch following 2017's excellent line-up.

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Shadow of the Colossus Remake

That overture in the opening credits tho. Goddamn.

S2. God of War

For the voice-acting more than the score, though that too was superb. Special mention to Sunny Suljic who gave an entirely believable performance as Atreus - super work for a twelve-year-old.

S3. Hollow Knight

The sound effects in the Deepnest still haunt me, and Grimm's battle tune is my gaming track of the year (although that may be due to the fact that it's indelibly printed into my brain from the number of times I heard it while attempting to beat him).

Visual Design of the Year

V1. God of War

Polished within an inch of its life. I loved the seamless transitions from gameplay to cutscenes especially. More games should do this.

V2. Shadow of the Colossus Remake

I've spent longer in this game's photo mode than any other.

V3. Hollow Knight

Great animation, and some truly memorable character and enemy design (Nosk was especially horrible :ph34r:).

Writing of the Year

W1. God of War

I'm a sucker for Norse mythology and loved how all the references were weaved into the story. The ending still took my be surprise though.

W2. Hollow Knight

A great tale that was told just a tad too obscurely for me.

W3. Dark Souls Remastered

I actually understand it now (I think).

F1. Nintendo Switch

Despite a disappointing first-party line-up, having my first child this year has made me truly appreciate the Switch's portability. Learning how to region switch and raiding the South African store for cheap games has also kept me coming back to the Switch this year.

P1. Team Cherry for Hollow Knight

As above - super work.

Best Supported Game (released pre 2018) of the Year

B1. -

Your game of the year that didn't come out this year (basically what is your favourite game you played this year that came out in 2017 or earlier)

X1. Samus Returns (2017)

This was a hard one to choose as the majority of the games I've played this year haven't actually been from this year, but I rinsed this entirely and really enjoyed it. It went by relatively unnoticed by most last year but is well worth 15 or so hours of anyone's time. A perfect excuse for me to blow the dust off the 3DS. Recommended if you enjoyed Hollow Knight this year, or metroidvanias in general.

C1. Atreus (God of War)

C2. Kratos (God of War)

C3. Siegmeyer of Catarina (Dark Souls Remastered)

Any year where a game comes out starring Siegmeyer without a mention in this category is a travesty.

• Upvote 6

Been a weird year for games for me, a lot that I liked but little to nothing I unreservedly love. A good number of games that people seem to have as all time greats that I enjoyed but didn't cry with joy for every time I booted it up. I feel like this I have played the fewest games I have in years. 

Game of the Year

A1. Tetris Effect 

A2. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey 

A3. Hitman 2

A4. Dead Cells 

A5. Spider-Man

Z1. Naecunt buying Hitman 2 

Z2. Ps Classic

Z3. Fallout 76

Z4. Far Cry 5

Z5. Red Dead Redemption 2

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Tetris Effect 

S2. Celeste 

S3.

V1. Tetris Effect 

V2.  Celeste

V3. Ni No Kuni 2

Writing of the Year

W1. Spider-Man (much better than you could ever expect) 

W2. Yakuza 6

W3. Vampyr

F1. 

P1.

B1. Crusader Kings 2. Nearly a 7 year old game that just got some insanely ambitious dlc - which arguably almost changes the genre of the game. 

Your game of the year that didn't come out this year (basically what is your favourite game you played this year that came out in 2017 or earlier)

X1. Bloodborne

C1. Kassandra

C2. Mimir

C3. 

2 hours ago, Benny said:

@Jamie John - I don't think you need to have finished a game to put it on your list.

Well you should have to if you ask me :quote:!

(But seriously, I haven't really played RDR2 enough to justify putting it anywhere in my list. Thanks anyway though.)

Can we not have the voting close at the end of January or later? 

I know you're all eager to find out my top 10 this year but I still have so many games to play! 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 2

Game of the Year

A1. Yakuza 6

A deviation to the recent formula (only one playable character) for this final game in the main Yak lineage, it tries to make up for it in story terms. Great characters, looks beautiful, and although there were a few gripes with the new engine it's a brave new step.

A2.

A3.

A4.

A5.

Z1. Battle Royale identikit clones everywhere

Z2.

Z3.

Z4.

Z5.

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Yakuza 6

S2.

S3.

Visual Design of the Year

V1. Yakuza 6

V2.

V3.

Writing of the Year

W1. Yakuza 6

Vintage Yak. The later twists and turns are brutally hard-hitting and some of the characters are so dastardly it makes you want to smash your controller up. 

W2.

W3.

F1. PS4

P1. Sega

B1. 

Your game of the year that didn't come out this year (basically what is your favourite game you played this year that came out in 2017 or earlier)

X1. Just Cause 3

It was on my list but I played it because of PS+ in the end. Brilliant fun even though it can be a slog at times, the 'one-more-base' pull was considerable. By the sounds of the fuck ups they've made to the formula for JC4, we didn't realise how lucky we were.

Best game character of the year

C1. Kiryu Kazuma

Yakuza 6. A brilliant sendoff for the most virtuous of heroes. 

C2. Tsuneo Iwami

Yakuza 6. Sinister businessman-turned-maniac baddie. An extremely punchable face.

C3. Joon-gi Han

Yakuza 6. Beautifully flamboyant mid-game boss. Deserves his own game.

• Upvote 2

On 19/12/2018 at 22:35, U-1 said:

Christ it was tricky settling on a top 5, such a phenomenally good year for gaming. The fact the likes of Red Dead 2, Tetris Effect and Dragons Quest XI didn't make the top 5 cut says it all (Smash Ultimate is another contender but only just started playing it). 

It's also the year that VR proved itself as being a genuine game changer and a viable platform for various genres of games. Its without a doubt offered some of my best gaming moments for many a year (not just 2018).

Game of the Year

A1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission

A2. Spiderman

A3. Wipeout Omega Collection VR Update

A4. God of War

A5. Onrush

Z1. Lack of a dedicated photomode in Red Dead Redemption 2

Z2. Evo/Codemasters layoffs

Z3. 

Z4.

Z5.

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Tetris Effect

S2. Onrush

S3. Astro Bot

V1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission

V2. Tetris Effect

V3. Spiderman

Writing of the Year

W2. Spiderman

W3. God of War

F1. PSVR

P1. Sony Japan

B1. Hitman

X1. Assassins Creed Origins

C1. Astro Bot

C2. Arthur Morgan

C3. Atreus (Boy)

Need to edit my Visual Design of the Year category. My new one is as follows

V1. Gris

V2. Astro Bot Rescue Mission

V3. Tetris Effect

• Upvote 1

Game of the Year

A1. Red Dead Redemption 2

A2. Forza Horizon 4

A3. Mark of the Ninja Remastered

A4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider

A5. Far Cry 5

Z1. PlayStation Classic

Z2. Just Cause 4

Z3. Onrush

Z4. Far Cry 5 DLC

Z5. Far Cry 5

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Red Dead Redemption 2

S2. Forza Horizon 4

S3. Mark of the Ninja Remastered 

V1. Red Dead Redemption 2

V2. Forza Horizon 4

V3. Sea of Thieves

Writing of the Year

W2. Mark of the Ninja Remastered

W3. Spider-Man

F1. Xbox One X

P1. Nintendo

B1. No Man's Sky

X1. Dishonored 2

C1. Arthur Morgan (RDR2)

C2. Sadie Adler (RDR2)

C3. Dutch Van Der Linde (RDR2)

• Upvote 1

Game of the Year

A1. Sea of Thieves (Xbox One)

A2. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One)

A3. Nier Automata Become As Gods Edt (Xbox One)

A4. Below (Xbox One/PC)

A5. Warhammer : Vermintide 2 (Xbox One/PC)

• Upvote 1

Game of the Year

A1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch)

My first Smash game and already my game of the year. I didn't expect that but then I didn't really know what to expect tbh. Overwhelming menus and options - tick, absolute chaos and mayhem on screen - tick, but as you peel away more layers, and yet more layers again, and again, something clicks, and you realise just what a supreme piece of entertainment it is. It's just so joyously playable, so moreish. It pits characters against each other that have no real place in each others games, though some more than others, and lots that that do, and manages to make the most jarring of clashes just - work. It's digital art. 

A2. Dragon Quest Builders (Nintendo Switch)

I always liked Minecraft but never really kept playing beyond a certain point. I guess I just lacked the creativity or drive to keep playing. So this with it's superbly told and divided up stories always kept my interest by introducing new themes and ideas right throughout the game. Just a sheer joy from beginning to end and a masterclass in genre crossover. Cannot wait for the sequel.

A3. Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo Switch)

The first game I've ever completed fully in co-op mode. In fact I've never even played it solo, not once. And that's where this comes into it's own. It's just massive amounts of fun absorbing enemies, getting their powers, and then mixing them up to see what happens like a big fun chemistry set. The more people who join in the better, it gets pretty chaotic at times but that only adds to the sensory fulfilment, or overload, as you just marvel at the insanity of it all. It also helped in priming my daughter and me for Smash. It's also a beautiful looking, and sounding, videogame, supreme quality.

A4. Super Mario Party (Nintendo Switch)

A bit of a theme developing here, another multiplayer/family game, but that's just where I am in my life right now. Anyway this is another high quality Nintendo production that shines in local multiplayer. It is Mario Party, but it's the best one yet

A5. Nintendo Labo Variety Kit (Nintendo Switch)

Not as successful as some imagined it would be but everything about it is Nintendo as their best and most innovative. The way the software works with the kits is just sublime, the engineering behind it mind blowing at times. And whilst the games were never made to last, they're still fun, but the real enjoyment comes from building them, and again the software integration there is brilliant and you never do not understand what it's asking you to do. They make it look easy but it obviously isn't as anyone who has ever built flat pack furniture will attest.

Z1. 

Z2.

Z3.

Z4.

Z5.

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch)

S2. Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo Switch)

S3. Korg Gadget (Nintendo Switch)

V1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch)

V2. Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo Switch)

V3. Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (Xbox One X)

Writing of the Year

W1. Outlast II (Nintendo Switch)

W2. Dragon Quest Builders (Nintendo Switch)

W3. God Of War (PS4)

F1. Nintendo Switch

P1. Nintendo

B1. Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

X1. RiME (PS4)

C1. Meta Knight

C2. Kirby

C3. Ryu (of Street Fighter and Smash Bros. fame)

• Upvote 6

Game of the Year

A1. Astro Bot

A2. Red Dead Redemption 2

A3. God Of War

A4. Tethered

A5. Minit

Z1. 

Z2.

Z3.

Z4.

Z5.

Sound Design of the Year

S1. Red Dead Redemption 2

S2.

S3.

V1. Astro Bot

V2.

V3.

Writing of the Year

W1. God of War

W2.

W3.

F1. PS4

P1.

B1.

X1.

Best game character of the year

C1. Arthur Morgan

C2. Sadie Adler

C3. Kratos

Something I have decided about Black Mirror: Bandersnatch:

Spoiler

It is eligible for these awards, as it has an interactive element.

3 minutes ago, Benny said:

Something I have decided about Black Mirror: Bandersnatch:

Reveal hidden contents

It is eligible for these awards, as it has an interactive element.

Pfft you'll be telling us David Cage games are eligible next.

• Upvote 1