IGNORED

Avengers: Endgame (April 2019) - no spoilers please

Commander Jameson

On 26/03/2019 at 18:45, Azrael said:

Where's Korg? :mad:

He'll turn up right at the end. As Thanos is finally defeated, his body will slowly disintegrate and his essence will start to swirl off into the cosmos:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

On 26/03/2019 at 18:40, Nick R said:

A new set of 32 character posters:

Those cramped previews make Thor look like an 19th century inspector.

I approve. Thor for going back in time to solve Victorian crime with his awkward adoption of Midgard customs spin off pls. 

Edit: Korg as sidekick. “Hey, man. I'm Korg. We're gonna check out that big pile of cadaver over there for murder clues. Wanna come?”

10 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

If you wanted to trim all the fat and just watch the bare minimum of the MCU films before Endgame what do you think that list looks like? 

Avengers Assemble

Guardians of the Galaxy

Civil War

Thor Ragnarok

Infinity War

Aye, you could indeed include Captain Marvel, though I daresay she'll have some kind of "introduction" in Endgame much like we saw with most of the Avengers in Assemble, and Doctor Strange in Infinity War. :)

My reasoning is:

Assemble - introduces all the main Avengers and Loki, hints at Thanos.

Guardians - introduces the Guardians and Thanos, and is also a crash course in Infinity stones. 

Civil War - Introduces Black Panther, Ant-Man, Falcon, War Machine, Vision, Wanda, SPIDEY, and the Winter Soldier, shows Rogers and Stark "falling out hard", makes you wonder where Thor and Banner are.

Ragnarok - Tells you where Thor and Banner are, introduces Doctor Strange and Valkyrie, sets up the beginning of Infinity War.

Infinity War - This one's obvious, the events that happen directly before Endgame. :)

Those films provide the main story beats of the Infinity Saga up to Endgame - everything else is origin stories and filling in small blanks. 

When do tickets go on sale for this? I thought it was supposed to be today but can't see them for sale. 

Ah, to answer my own question (after doing a webby web search), they were only rumoured  to go onsale today. The important thing is, I didn't imagine it.

Edit: They literally just became available to book as I refreshed the page.

Showcase isn't booking yet (always late getting their shit together). What day are people able to buy tickets for? There seems to be some confusion as to the actual release date over here. Showcase says 25th, poster and most places say 26th. I've secured the 25th off work y'see.

1 minute ago, Sabreman said:

Showcase isn't booking yet (always late getting their shit together). What day are people able to buy tickets for? There seems to be some confusion as to the actual release date over here. Showcase says 25th, poster and most places say 26th. I've secured the 25th off work y'see.

It is midnight of the 26th isn't (Thursday)