rllmuk
wev

Dangerous Driving - it's Burnout! Out Now. "brake a little earlier than you were thinking of, stay on the gas and steer!"

Just a heads up I dont think this likes been restarted on PS4 from a console resume state. Getting some very interesting bugs! 

A couple of issues here... :lol:

For info - I took out the pursuit car - on the slo mo replay this then crashed into the back of a stationary me :unsure:

I continued and was about 2 seconds ahead when the pursuit car went past me looking more like a craft from WipeOut and in the process obtained a huge lead. :lol:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dumpster said:

Agreed - but specifically with Sonic it was widely considered that the best unlockables were unatainable to all but the top like 1% of players. It got ridiculously hard.

It could be tough and was definitely uneven but that's going a bit far; I don't think you ever did follow my steps to success on it though, if you had that one unlock you're referring to was definitely doable :quote:

Any advice for the Heatwave on Sedan? Seems I have real difficulty even catching the other racers.... takes a while for boost to kick in and just can't seem to get to the other racers at all. If I crash more than once thats it game over effectively end up so far behind the other racers..... Still enjoying my progress is somewhat hampered at the moment by my inability to complete this..... :D 

55 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I got a 19x Heatwave on that first Heatwave event. I think the key is just never stopping boosting once you start.

That's the main thing, but not the key. 

The key is using a tuned car that increases in top speed after every successive heatwave. To quickly build up that top speed you actually have to drive on the normal side of the road to run the boost down quicker. 

I love Heatwave. :wub:

• Upvote 4

Wonder if there is anything like a boost start (like Mario!) in the Heatwave event?!... Keep looking for one just in case!

Thanks for the tips I'll give them a try....

Just being listening to the Feeder singles album whilst playing this seems to fit really well...had a smile on my face when "Just A Day" popped on. It was the first thing I heard when I bought a PS2 all those years ago and Gran Turismo 3 booted up.  Never thought I'd enjoy the Spotify integration in this so much... To think i was so sceptical to start with....

This is practically the only thing I'm playing at the moment. Fits into my life really well. Just pick up the pad for an hour or so and try and nail some more time and unlocks.

@CrashedAlex Big high five to you and the team. Awesome work... have a great Easter break! Whilst you all will be resting from this I'll be trying to find spare time to play! :) 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CrashedAlex said:

@MattyP Boost Start - step on the gas dab brake to spin the wheels then snap the gas on the GO!.

Hope that helps you..

:) Excellent... will give that a try later.....

Just bought this last night, in the first five minutes I did a Burnout 3 style takedown and the grin that spread across my face....

It's brilliant, a straight ahead, full blooded arcade racer. It misses a few bells and whistles in the presentation, but it's got it where it counts. Nice to see so many forum folk already on my friends list playing. I can certainly say the game wouldn't have been on my radar at all if not for this thread, so thanks for the heads up Alex. :)

• Upvote 2

As a fan of burnout 2 ... I had an interesting thing happen last night. I fell in love with Pursuit mode. Honestly I think it's great!  And playing it last night, Taylor Swift's "Getaway Car" song came on via the official playlist ... it was perfection!! :D

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, U-1 said:

This game has currently halted all of my progress on Sekiro and Division 2.... says it all really.

Yoshi and Bloodborne for me. :D 

Think sometimes you come across games that shake you up a bit and make you realise why you started gaming in the first place.... :) This is one such game for me. Adrenaline fuelled speed, times to beat. Just you against the track and game. No fluff. No microtransactions, loot boxes. Simple selection of events etc. 

The online bit maybe fun when it arrives. But for me the online scoreboards are where its at. Well not for me and my pitiful times at the moment... :D 

• Upvote 1

Had a nice hour on this last night. Set up a Spotify playlist filled with Fluke, iLs, and some Freeland and was transported back to the early noughties (blurgh!). It is very bare bones but the underlining game is fun as hell. Shout out to Alex for including an ultrawide option (I think?, still a bit green when it comes to new PC screen ratios, but it looks correct at 2560x1080) Definite niggles here and there but a good start for hopefully more of the same.

• Upvote 1

Finally got a chance last night to play this, and I have to admit whilst it looks like a burnout game the experience doesn’t feel or play like one. There’s something odd about the driving model and does quite gel for me. I couldn’t drift the car in the way I wanted and never really felt in control rounds bends in general, even with the supposedly "slow" Sedans.

Now, I’ve not touched BOs 1 through 3 on their original platforms for years but I played a lot of Burnout Revenge last summer when it became available on the XBONE, and that instantly felt right to me as a Burnout game and I was ploughing through that and loving it. 

Anyone else find the driving model a bit different to start with? And also, Is the default chase cam the only one, it felt a bit low for me?

I’m not throwing the towel in yet, but I sort of expected to be able to pick this up and enjoy playing it like a BO game of old straight away but that wasn’t the case.

Edit: Just as a caveat, I realise this isn't a Burnout game and as such, I shouldn't be comparing it directly to those previous games.

• Upvote 1

Have you tried tapping the brake to get the car drifting into corners? Once I discovered that mechanic it changed the game for me completely!

27 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Have you tried tapping the brake to get the car drifting into corners? Once I discovered that mechanic it changed the game for me completely!

I think I was trying that, I’ll have another stab at it. Maybe I’m just getting old and the reflexes aren’t what they were :wacko:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, elyuw said:

I think I was trying that, I’ll have another stab at it. Maybe I’m just getting old and the reflexes aren’t what they were :wacko:

Have that problem too! :D

Also having a bit more success with the on car view too.   Maybe worth trying that too?

I played it for half hour. It looks great. I like the simplicty of the menus - the whole presentation reminds me of NFS Hot Pursuit.

However, the cars don't control very well. There is no on screen map either and why are the signs on the bends pointing the wrong direction? it's very offputting.

It just all feels very off. Controls are very twitchy. I turned the takedown camera off as i felt it wasn't adding anything to it (it doesn't seem as fluid as past burnout games).  Hot Pursuit had perfect controls, especially for drifting. I just can't get on with this at all which is a shame as it looks nice.

It needs more work and an online mode and then i would definitely be up for playing more of it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Darhkwing said:

I played it for half hour. It looks great. I like the simplicty of the menus - the whole presentation reminds me of NFS Hot Pursuit.

However, the cars don't control very well. There is no on screen map either and why are the signs on the bends pointing the wrong direction? it's very offputting.

It just all feels very off. Controls are very twitchy. I turned the takedown camera off as i felt it wasn't adding anything to it (it doesn't seem as fluid as past burnout games).  Hot Pursuit had perfect controls, especially for drifting. I just can't get on with this at all which is a shame as it looks nice.

It needs more work and an online mode and then i would definitely be up for playing more of it.

It is a twitchy game by design I think. You can adjust the sensitivity in the controls menu so perhaps try dropping that down by a couple of notches from the default setting?

Probably just a case of spending some more time with it.

Heatwave is amazing on this.

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

It is a twitchy game by design I think. You can adjust the sensitivity in the controls menu so perhaps dropping that down by a couple of notches from the default setting.

Probably just a case of spending some more time with it.

Heatwave is amazing on this.

Yeah i tried changing the sensitivity down for a few notches which helped slightly. It just feels like a game in beta to me. I might try it a bit more and see if it changes my mind, but i don't think it will =(

• Upvote 1

Dropping the sensitivity down to 5 definely helps, but you have to do that each time you start the game up. I find the cars control better when you're boosting too, which I feel was done on purpose

3 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Yeah i tried changing the sensitivity down for a few notches which helped slightly. It just feels like a game in beta to me. I might try it a bit more and see if it changes my mind, but i don't think it will =(

Perhaps not. May seem like a beta but once you've played it for a while you might feel differently. 

It's definitely not as feature laden as perhaps other racers but definitely provides some great "in the zone" gaming.

3 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

If you get as far as coupe, or supercar, and still think it’s a beta I’ll be surprised.

• Upvote 1

I've been loving this. Real old school arcade racing vibes. I also gave Xenon racer a punt on PC and whilst not complete and utter shite, DD knocks it into a cocked hat for thrills. I hope this is doing well for you Alex and pushes on for more of the same with a little extra pizazz that a larger budget would bring. It really is adrenaline pumping stuff, especially with my dated taste in dance music blasting.

• Upvote 1

Managed to rack up a boost chain of 24 on Heatwave.... :D Not sure what level it does go to but this is fun.... I might have a stab at another event at some point.... Like the wind rustling noise it makes when boost is on....

I want to get on this with but just can't - the combination of speed, my failing reflexes, the cameras being too low and the utterly unforgivable wrong way chevrons means I find it pretty irritating to play.

The chevrons are really pissing me off, this game demands you scan the distance for visual clues and they are pointing the wrong way - that sort of stuff has to be fixed before release, its just shoddy.

• Upvote 1