Dragon Age Dreadwolf

JPR

Isn't Bioware also rebooting Anthem? Or is that franchise completely forgotten?

And if you're reading this Bioware, there best be no cringe inducing song in the first hour. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea. The character you created grows from a nobody to the saviour of all during the short tutorial.

I just looked it up if it was a bad as I remembered. Yup.

43 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

4 years of pre-production, 18 months of solid crunch for development.

The Bioware way

4 years of preproduction, team preproduction move onto the next thing, so team development get the opportunity to move directly from pinch point to pinch point?

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Isn't Bioware also rebooting Anthem? Or is that franchise completely forgotten?

And if you're reading this Bioware, there best be no cringe inducing song in the first hour. I can't believe they thought that was a good idea. The character you created grows from a nobody to the saviour of all during the short tutorial.

I just looked it up if it was a bad as I remembered. Yup.

I forgot about this, and how much of a LotR ripoff it is. 

42 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I like how the Gamescom reveal basically went "we all love working here, honest. Now watch as we interject awkward interviews with people standing in a forest staring wistfully into the middle distance. We've been working hard on Dragon Age 4 for six years. Here's some concept art". 

Ha, I haven't watched the video because that's exactly what I expected it to be. 

That behind the scenes video seemed like a bunch of geeks talking about making something I can't wait to play. It was a little awkward, for sure, but I'm kind of sick of overly polished and soulless teasers and previews.

l loved DA:3, and played it through three times. I hope this turns out good too.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had absolutely no idea that DA4 was going to be anything other than single player. I'm fairly certain no-one at Bioware thought it was going to be anything other than single-player either. Multiplayer 'bit' tagged on, but nothing else maybe.

Absolutely non-news from shit stirrer extraordinaire Schreier then.

Fucking loathe this man.

30 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I had absolutely no idea that DA4 was going to be anything other than single player. I'm fairly certain no-one at Bioware thought it was going to be anything other than single-player either. Multiplayer 'bit' tagged on, but nothing else maybe.

Fucking loathe this man.

There were posts in the anthem thread that it was being forced to be live service. Posts from today.

32 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Fucking loathe this man.

Literally from Wikipedia:

Problems with the development of Bioware's other games Mass Effect: Andromeda and Anthem led to repeated interruptions as "Joplin" staff was shifted to these games. In October 2018, Bioware and its parent company EA cancelled "Joplin" altogether, reportedly because it did not provide for a "live service" component providing ongoing monetization opportunities.[1]

Development of Dragon Age 4 was restarted under the code-name "Morrison", this time with a live-service component and based on Anthem's code.[1]

There was talk of live service and seems to have been to varying degrees. I think it was supposed to be more like Assassin's creed, but some did say Anthem with dragons.

I actually thought they'd dropped it already, but I'd probably just lost track it's not been a smooth process. Good to have it confirmed it will be a Dragon Age like all others though, well less 2 the better.

• 1 year later...

An update but not much of one, title and promise of more later this year.

Mor_1x1_1080.jpeg

Who is the Dread Wolf?

Solas, the Dread Wolf. Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not. Others say a betrayer of his people…or a savior who now seeks to rescue them at the cost of your world. His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable, earning him a reputation as something of a trickster deity—a player of dark and dangerous games.

Whether you’re new to Dragon Age™ stories or you’ve experienced them all, using Solas’s namesake no doubt suggests a spectrum of endless possibilities on where things may go. But at the core of this, like every past game, is you. If you’re new to Dragon Age, you have no need to worry about not having met our antagonist just yet. He’ll properly introduce himself when the time is right, but we did hint at his return when we announced #TheDreadWolfRises back in 2018.

More Dragon Age: Dreadwolf later this year

We suspect you have questions and they’ll be answered in time. While the game won’t be releasing this year, we’re growing closer to that next adventure. Rest assured, Solas is placing his pieces on the board as we speak. That’s all we have for now, but we hope knowing the official title has sparked some intrigue, as we’ll be talking more about the game later this year!

What do you think #Dreadwolf could mean?

—The Dragon Age Team

Source