rllmuk
Revival

The Outer Worlds | Obsidian 2019

24 minutes ago, ravnaz said:

mmmmm, doesn't look like that is the issue to me.  Does the following when scrolling, then gradually fades to a sharp version if you leave it still.

image.thumb.png.06d676366f901962f03cff18c4e6c3bc.png

Hmm, that does look like it's now what I assumed it was.

Can't help you right now, am at work with no access to the game. Will check this evening.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paulando said:

To answer my own question, no there isn’t :(

PC it is then. I’ve also turned off motion blur and increased the FOV a bit ^_^

This always disappoints me about most Xbox 1 X and Pro releases. They have the horsepower to make 1080p60fps an option instead of 4k or for those without a 4k TV anyway, but they always go for less responsive framerates as default. Sekiro is a good example: by all accounts it sounds like it plays far better at 60fps, which would be possible on both enhanced machines, but instead they go for variable framerates at 4k. It feels like it would be easier to ensure it runs properly at 1080p than at 4k as well. The visual difference in my experience is slight enough to not make the trade-off worth it.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Benny said:

This always disappoints me about most Xbox 1 X and Pro releases. They have the horsepower to make 1080p60fps an option instead of 4k or for those without a 4k TV anyway, but they always go for less responsive framerates as default. Sekiro is a good example: by all accounts it sounds like it plays far better at 60fps, which would be possible on both enhanced machines, but instead they go for variable framerates at 4k. It feels like it would be easier to ensure it runs properly at 1080p than at 4k as well. The visual difference in my experience is slight enough to not make the trade-off worth it.

Rubbish, isn’t it :(

I’ve been disappointed with the PS4 Pro and One X tbh. Forza Horizon’s options were perfect: 4k30 or 1080p60, and a few others have similar options, but they’re few and far between. Even with a 4K TV, I don’t think 4K and 1080p look much different, and I’d rather have the extra frames.

Devil May Cry 5 on the other hand: now there is a masterclass on getting the most out of the enhanced machines. (I know it targets 60fps on the regular consoles anyway, but still.)

I think these days anti-alising options are so good the extra grunt required for 4k seems insane, and doesn't make a big difference unless you have your face in the screen. If you want to buy a big TV you pretty much get a 4k one now anyway by default, so it's not like people would be going out of their way to have one exclusively to game at that resolution.

Anyway, thread derail over.

3 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Rubbish, isn’t it :(

I’ve been disappointed with the PS4 Pro and One X tbh. Forza Horizon’s options were perfect: 4k30 or 1080p60, and a few others have similar options, but they’re few and far between. Even with a 4K TV, I don’t think 4K and 1080p look much different, and I’d rather have the extra frames.

:D

13 minutes ago, Benny said:

This always disappoints me about most Xbox 1 X and Pro releases. They have the horsepower to make 1080p60fps an option instead of 4k or for those without a 4k TV anyway, but they always go for less responsive framerates as default.

You're assuming the limiting factor on consoles is the GPU. Entirely possible the frame rate here is bound by this gens creaking CPUs.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

You're assuming the limiting factor on consoles is the GPU. Entirely possible the frame rate here is bound by this gens creaking CPUs.

Ah yes I'd forgotten about that. It certainly puts them in the weird position of potentially being capable of 4K30 but not a consistent 1080p60.

1 hour ago, Dark Soldier said:

Game looks beautiful on PC

2w4ncRX.jpg

What is that weapon? Looks like the Tonitrus from Bloodborne. Nice.

Got this and Modern Warfare both downloading on PS4, happy gaming day and here's to a rainy weekend!

• Upvote 2

I've got it loaded and ready to go so hopefully be able to get a few hours over the weekend. Looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

I have this evening free when the ids goto bed before the missus comes home from her mates, so thats 3-4 hours gaming.  Trying to step away from the hype and not start this.

I'm at the start of Act 3 on Gears 5, Metro is at 60% mark and i still love playing Apex legends when drinking.   Last Fallout style game i played was 3 when i quit after 25 hours when i hit the nuclear weapon bug.  Tell me to ignore this. 

5 hours ago, Minion said:

Still very early for me but already loving it, finally a decent roleplaying game! The text is ridiculously small though and there seems to be a lot of blur when moving the camera which is what was making me feel sick yesterday, it's not so bad today as feeling better but it would be nice for an FOV slider or something. These are the only minor niggles, everything else is great, I'm going to take my time with this one.

There is an FOV slider!  On PC anyway: it's in 'Gameplay', not 'Graphics' which meant I missed it too.  I can't remember what it defaults at, but I'm finding 100 seems just right.  Although I am playing on an Ultrawide monitor, so YMMV.

@Len It's auto chosen my resolution and I can't change it, so while it does seem to support UWS, but I can't seem to see which different permutations/resolutions....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

There is an FOV slider!  On PC anyway: it's in 'Gameplay', not 'Graphics' which meant I missed it too.  I can't remember what it defaults at, but I'm finding 100 seems just right.  Although I am playing on an Ultrawide monitor, so YMMV.

@Len It's auto chosen my resolution and I can't change it, so while it does seem to support UWS, but I can't seem to see which different permutations/resolutions....

There's no FOV slider on PS4 unfortunately, hopefully they patch it if it's available on the PC version.

• Empathy 1

I suspect they probably won't. The game is probably optimised to run at its current FOV and changing that would muck with how it runs.

I wish they would patch in HDR, though. It seems particularly well suited to it.

Started... so, so disappointed...

...that I only have a few hours left to play before having to wait until Sunday for another session.

This is glorious so far. Engaging, funny writing, looks great, feels familiar but doing enough if it’s own thing to also feel fresh and the music is sublime.

Finding hard difficulty fine now I’ve settled into the combat aka remembered to keep moving to separate the clusters of marauders I’ve encountered. Hopefully I’ll have levelled up before bigger, tougher enemies appear.

Only slight criticism is having the holster button on the same button as action / talk. Think it would make more sense to incorporate it into the weapon wheel.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Benny said:

Look at this dashingly handsome and intelligent man

tow.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I like to pretend.

Does he have jets.

Stupid question. Every time I press X to talk to someone I pull my gun out at the same time. I haven't figured out if people care about that yet but it's really annoying. What's going on there?

Other than that this seems awesome.

This is great, knew next to nothing about it 2 weeks ago so it’s taken me by surprise. 

Good:

Humour!

Good voice acting so far

Looks nice, so many colours!

Superb gunplay!

You can give female characters facial hair.

Menus and UI are excellent

Bad:

The motion blur when turning is taking a while to get used to

Small text, have to move my chair closer to read. Do people not test these games in a normal environment?

6 minutes ago, Moz said:

Stupid question. Every time I press X to talk to someone I pull my gun out at the same time. I haven't figured out if people care about that yet but it's really annoying. What's going on there?

Your character has been playing Red Dead Redemption 2?

• Upvote 3

Though I think we can all sympathise with wanting to say, "Howdy pardner" and shooting someone in the face being a very fine line.

10 minutes ago, smac said:

Your character has been playing Red Dead Redemption 2?

I was trying to remember which game had a dialog option on the same button you use to kill them. 

Is anyone else finding that on Xbox “resume” kicks you back to the main menu?

11 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is anyone else finding that on Xbox “resume” kicks you back to the main menu?

I’ve only had that happen once. Rest of the time it’s been fine. 

Also finding the slight motion blur when turning initially off-putting but 10 minutes into a session I don’t notice it. 

I’m absolutely loving this so far. The setting, the characters, the design ethic, the gameplay etc. The sense of familiarity with a new take on things makes me feel all warm inside. 

3 hours ago, Benny said:

Look at this dashingly handsome and intelligent man

tow.jpg

Hide contents

I like to pretend.

I'm currently working with a German director of photography who looks exactly like this. 

PSA!

If you're playing on PC set Screen Effects to Low. There is some kind of horrible smearing effect from whatever anti aliasing they are using on the game and if you turn it off it's much less blurry looking.

Just now, petrolgirls said:

I'm currently working with a German director of photography who looks exactly like this. 

Got his number?

• Upvote 1