rllmuk
Revival

Mortal Kombat 11 | April 23rd 2019

8 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Sorry Mr Sdmilne.

Do I get detention or just lines?

Just learn to use English properly and everything will be fine.

Pretty much every game drops in price similarly these days. I usually wait for most games for that reason but I make an exception for fighting games since multiplayer is their main draw and it's good to start fresh and learn alongside others.

I'd imagine if I were to buy BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle at this point I'd get destroyed.

Depending on how many seasons of MK11 DLC they decide to do I guess it may be a while before the complete game on a single disc exists?

It includes the first Kombat Pack but the expectation is that there will be at least one more batch of characters.

They'll likely do a disc with everyone included once they've stopped supporting the game? 

MKX came out in April 2015 and the XL edition in March 2016 , but they won't even have all the first season characters out in that timeframe this time around, so I'd expect the deluxe edition late 2020 at the earliest

On 21/08/2019 at 14:58, joffocakes said:

Theres the reveal trailer for the Kombat Pack characters:

Arnie's lookin great. Disappointed there's no Ash as rumoured though.

Joker looks a bit Halloween office do - the rest more than make up for it though.

Yeah the Joker is the noticeably the weakest of an extremely strong bunch. Can't really justify the £35 investment for the pack still though, £20 is about the sweet spot for me.

I hope they go all out with the cheesy Arnie classics if he does the VA for it.

"ICE to see you, Sub-Zero."

*wins match*

"Now just PLAIN ZERO."

*Baraka approaches*

"You're one, ugly, muddafukka."

*tears a dude in half for a Brutality*

"He had to split."

Etc

• Upvote 3

Ash and Sheeva will be in the next DLC pack.

At some point Pennywise was going to be DLC. Would've loved that, but sadly they couldn't get him despite the film being WB.

Would also appreciate the inclusion of Robocop so we could re-enact a 25 year old rivalry.

On 23/08/2019 at 12:25, joffocakes said:

It includes the first Kombat Pack but the expectation is that there will be at least one more batch of characters.

They'll likely do a disc with everyone included once they've stopped supporting the game? 

Thinking about this. Given that the Kombat Pack (1?) releases are running into mid March 2020, are they really likely to be adding any more content after that? Especially since Injustice 3 will surely be on the horizon around then?

9 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Yeah... Sort of. I'm 90% certain you'll have to pay for Shao Khan, since he was preorder only. 

Don't buy Frost, though. It's a bit cynical that you can pay for her when just playing the story mode literally (and I use literally in the literal sense of the word) guarantees that you get her.

• Upvote 1

Playing this on the Switch as it was cheap and I was curious to see how bad it is on the switch.

I love it!.

This is my first Mortal Kombat since... the first one :blah:

It takes a while to get used to the cheesiness , the haircuts, and the "mature" content. But it doesn't take much digging to see that  the gameplay is  solid.

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

Yeah... Sort of. I'm 90% certain you'll have to pay for Shao Khan, since he was preorder only. 

Don't buy Frost, though. It's a bit cynical that you can pay for her when just playing the story mode literally (and I use literally in the literal sense of the word) guarantees that you get her.

I'm thinking that's a pretty good price to get all the extras. Bummer if there is no Shao Khan but I'm very tempted anyway... 

9 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

I'm thinking that's a pretty good price to get all the extras. Bummer if there is no Shao Khan but I'm very tempted anyway... 

I think he's only a couple of quid to buy, but you probably won't miss him anyway.

9 hours ago, daifuco said:

Playing this on the Switch as it was cheap and I was curious to see how bad it is on the switch.

I love it!.

This is my first Mortal Kombat since... the first one :blah:

It takes a while to get used to the cheesiness , the haircuts, and the "mature" content. But it doesn't take much digging to see that  the gameplay is  solid.

It is really very, very good. 

The story mode is good for getting to play with a few different characters, the Towers of Time can be loads of fun, though the modifiers can be annoying as hell. It's worth spending a while playing the game for a while before straying into the Krypt, just to build a bit of money and items up. There was a lot of talk on launch about having to grind, but it's bollocks - I've once run out of one of the currencies, but just playing the game built up more than enough of everything you need.

I've really enjoyed the Kombat League as well. I've never done online gaming before but this was a good introduction and definitely improved my skills really quickly. Where the AI is relatively predictable, playing against humans is not. It's a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

Went for it and ordered it!! I was hellbent on waiting for some sort of "Game of the Year" edition, but I'm happy to have the DLC included so far at this point. 

I've put over 50 hours into Mortal Kombat XL so I don't doubt I will get my money's worth, especially as I spend very little on games nowadays with Gamespass. 

• Upvote 1