rllmuk
Revival

Mortal Kombat 11 | April 23rd 2019

9 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

When does this first round of Kombat League end? I'm finding it remarkably difficult to find an actual date.

when you log onto the mode, it tells you top right hand side. 

When i looked earlier it was 2 days & 22 hours-ish.

1 minute ago, The Eagle Lord said:

when you log onto the mode, it tells you top right hand side. 

When i looked earlier it was 2 days & 22 hours-ish.

Hmmm. Need to have a look at my points and see if it's worth trying to win a couple or if I can jus got ale the hit on not playing for 48 hours...

Want my Skarlet skin!

Though I'm thinking of switching my main, since I'm not sure Skarlet is best for my play style, I mostly just constantly jump in and pressure my opponent. Any suggestions? I have Baraka a quick go, since I've seen him described as a good beginners character, but couldn't really get A lot going with him. Jonny Cage maybe? Sub Zero?

Ah, I didnt finish work til 4pm. Ah well. I didnt get the Scorpion on either because one of the Towers required you to play, rather than just using an AI fighter. I dont have the patience for that!

There's a bunch of rotating Twitch towers in place at the moment but my connection has decided to shit the bed tremendously so I've missed the first three, woop.

image.png

Still, can't complain, I've already gotten the only thing I've been after for ages anyway.

There's a new Kombat League starting tomorrow, evidently. Not sure how bothered I am anymore. I felt like the constant Scorpion players ruined the first one for me mad I only persevered to get the Skarlet skin. I really want to explore some other characters before I plunge into another League...

I'm gonna get stuck in. I reckon I could comfortably reach God rank with Kano this time. I like that they have seasons were rank resets alongside a little trinket to give it some purpose.

And I almost welcome the Scorpion players these days; so many use teleport thoughtlessly that they're not as scary as before (the rare, thinking-Scorpion who can hit confirm and mix in teleport cancels are a different matter). Still scared of Geras though.

19 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Jump+kick, jump+kick, jump+kick...

Are you on Bone or PS4?

PS4. You can get loads more damage if you just block and punish! I always get speared if I jump so I try to stay grounded as much as I can.

Is Nightwolf really today? I haven't seen mention of it. I've agreed to meet a pal after work but I kinda wanna get a start on the new Kombat League season, haha.

On 23/07/2019 at 14:18, joffocakes said:

PS4.

Shame. I fancy some friendly games against someone who isn't just out yo kick my arse, so I can try a few characters, but I'm on Bone.

Played a couple of Kombat League games yesterday. Didn't face a single Scorpion, which was nice. My record stands at 3/2, which I suspect is down to my opponents lack of skill, rather than me getting gud. I think this is literally the first time my run a have been higher than my losses, so I might retire at this point...

On 23/07/2019 at 17:18, joffocakes said:

Is Nightwolf really today? I haven't seen mention of it. I've agreed to meet a pal after work but I kinda wanna get a start on the new Kombat League season, haha.

My bad...apparently it's August 13th.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

My record stands at 3/2,

6/4!!!!

Had the classic one where I beat a guy and he switched to Scorpion then just spammed teleport and the spinny thing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Omizzay said:

My bad...apparently it's August 13th.

Ah cool;  that's just after EVO and a week later this second Kombat League ends so maybe there will be a more significant update to coincide with that?

I cant imagine their EVO announcement being Nightwolf only.

Theres gonna be a balance patch, likely alongside Nightwolf, and they'll go into detail on some of the changes during a Kombat Kast stream tomorrow night.

Seems a bit premature for balance changes; the game has barely been out a few months.

They've significantly hampered the effectiveness of Scorpion's teleport now by making it a high attack so it can be ducked. This is particularly significant because ducking also avoids the Reborn variant's teleport cancel into throw antics.

This thread on Test Your might has patch notes:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/8-7-19-august-playstation-xbox-mk11-patch-notes.71419/

Kano's main changes are to his Dirtbag variation so hopefully that's now a viable choice. I've never encountered anyone using it. I think he'll remain in the lower tiers all the same though.

11 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Theres gonna be a balance patch, likely alongside Nightwolf, and they'll go into detail on some of the changes during a Kombat Kast stream tomorrow night.

Seems a bit premature for balance changes; the game has barely been out a few months.

Is that mot the patch that I had to download last night? The 6gb one?

Pwned a whole load of noobs last night with Skarlet. Win/loss currently stands at 10/5 for this Kombat League, which I'm quite pleased with. I've definitely improved by playing the league games. I panic less and don't button mash so much. I also actually use Skarlet's strengths and zone. Had my first Quitality last night, along with someone who quit after the first match - giving me 115 points in the process.

Haven't played for a while, but it's sucked me back in...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, joffocakes said:

They've significantly hampered the effectiveness of Scorpion's teleport now by making it a high attack so it can be ducked. This is particularly significant because ducking also avoids the Reborn variant's teleport cancel into throw antics.

I felt a great disturbance in the internet, as if a million Scorpion players cried out...

• Upvote 3