rllmuk
Revival

Mortal Kombat 11 | April 23rd 2019

Finally managed to get the Kitana Kahn mask by dumping millions of koins into the shrine.

1725974548_KitanaKahn.jpg.cb078806b798a3760a06d66ad0067fc8.jpg

Now to save another 5,000 souls so I can progress further into the krypt >_<

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

How do you find your progress on these kinds of things?

Press L2 to bring up your Kombat Kard then L1 to view stats; scroll down to Offline records and Towers should be there somewhere.

18 hours ago, Strafe said:

All I need to know is that I have to open all those chests to get all those things I’ll never use and don’t want.

I've opened up all the chests in the Krypt and I think only unlocked about 30% of the gear and skins.  There are plenty more things to unlock with the green soul fragments.

Once you've opened up absolutely everything in the Krypt, you have more stuff to get by trading with the Kollector (found in Goro's Lair) and through the Slot machine thing by donating 75k koins for two items of gear and 100k koins for skins.  You will also need to use the Kronika thing on the walls to reset the chests and open up more stuff.

Apparently they're working on new areas for the Krypt in an upcoming update.

For me the hardest kurrency to get in the game are the soul fragments.  Thankfully, someone found a way to get them relatively easily:

• Upvote 1

Fatal blows need a bit of a rework, at the least they should leave you with a sliver of health. It's a pretty unfair system at the moment. 

20 hours ago, Strafe said:

What are the floating dudes with green glowing things that are currently locked?

You can unlock them when you find a certain item in the krypt. It's underground I think...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

Fatal blows need a bit of a rework, at the least they should leave you with a sliver of health. It's a pretty unfair system at the moment. 

They do the job they're designed to do - suddenly turn the tide of a fight, but they're annoying as fuck. Cheap, too easy to do, take too long to run through the animation and they really break the flow. I'd prefer it if they were like the Kounter Krushing blows, so they needed to be timed right, and then they did something like stun the opponent, so you still have to fight back.

• Upvote 1

On 15/05/2019 at 11:56, Omizzay said:

For me the hardest kurrency to get in the game are the soul fragments.  Thankfully, someone found a way to get them relatively easily:

It's worth noting that you need soul fragments to unlock towers in the second set of the single character tower things. The one in the top left of the Towers of Time.

To me, the gear and augments seem to be a missed opportunity. They don't do enough to warrant hunting them down. And gear all needs levelling individually, so switching it is actually a negative. Unless I've just not encountered any decent gear? 

It kind of feels like the currencies, the thankfully half-baked store, the items you grind for, the towers and the Krypt were all designed by different teams who weren't really talking to each other. None of the elements is bad in isolation, but they don't really add up well at all and it ends up being a bit perplexing as to why they've done it the way they have. 

I'm still finding that aspect is enough to keep me playing the towers to some extent mind you, some of them are quite fun and have nice skins as rewards, but it feels like a big miss on what could have been good and compelling single player stuff. 

I wish you could unlock stuff via multiplayer, even the currency you earn for playing multiplayer is really low compared to the towers, which is VERY SILLY. 

The whole economy, including Konsumables, has the whiff of a last minute addition about it. I suspect this is why the ludicrous Towers of Time difficulty and Krypt grinding were so evident on launch - there wasn't time to test it all properly.

Something that has just occurred while thinking about the economy - you can but skins with Time Krystals, but they specifically say "can be found in the Krypt". So what happens if you've already bought a skin and open the chest it should be in in the Krypt?

I think you get koins instead, not sure. 

A lot of the game feels slightly is af things were rushed out without proper playtesting or balancing to be fair. Some of the characters don't feel like they've been balanced at all - Erron Black's dropkick is just silly - really fast and hard to react to, looks like a mid but counts as an overhead but also as a low if it amplified, and it's just a normal! Completely fucked! And why does Geras have eleventy very easy Krushing Blows where someone like Johnny Cage only has a couple which require incredibly arcane processes to trigger? I use Sub Zero a lot and again, his slide Krushing Blow is a bit too easy to trigger for how much damage it does (fun though). 

Still really loving the game. For some reason I just wreck people with Baraka who no one else seems to use, and Skarlet is really fun too. 

• Upvote 1

Why do people ragwquit Kasual games? It's kind of annoying on top of all the folk who decline to play you, it's hard to get just a good bunch of games. 

I actually used Konsumables last night, for the first time. There was a tower where you fought three Shao Khans, the first of which had the Armour buff - which meant he basically doesn't react to being hit, this confuses the hell out of the AI by the way. It was hard as hell, but didn't feel impossible. After I'd lost a few times, I looked at my Konsumables and discovered one that removes the Armour buff. That and one of the health restore krystals made a really hard fight just difficult and a lot more fun.

I can kinda see the point of them now.

I don't mind that one so much. I seem to think there was something similar in a much earlier game. I'm thinking 3 or so....

Who is anyone using as their main? I wanted to stay away from Scorpion this time around, but have somehow fallen into using him for everything. I haven't even tried most of the roster.

I have a lot of fun using Skarlet, you can really fuck with people with her, but I keep winning with Baraka, he doesn't  have a lot of combos and only a small number of special moves, so there's not too much to think about there (unlike skarlet, who is a pretty complicated character, with a few weird normals, up to something like 8 different projectiles depending on how you set the variation up, a teleport AND a parry/counter which is very high risk/reward). Instead he's all about picking your spot to knock the other player out of their rhythm and fucking them up with a few big hits. I like the sheer brutal simplicity. He's also great for completely shutting down players who use a lot of aerial attacks. 

5 hours ago, deerokus said:

What absolute cunt came up with the chaotic controls modifier. That's maybe the worst thing anyone has ever put in a fighting game. 

Not Khaotic Kontrols? Disappointing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

I have a lot of fun using Skarlet, you can really fuck with people with her, but I keep winning with Baraka, he doesn't  have a lot of combos and only a small number of special moves, so there's not too much to think about there (unlike skarlet, who is a pretty complicated character, with a few weird normals, up to something like 8 different projectiles depending on how you set the variation up, a teleport AND a parry/counter which is very high risk/reward). Instead he's all about picking your spot to knock the other player out of their rhythm and fucking them up with a few big hits. I like the sheer brutal simplicity. He's also great for completely shutting down players who use a lot of aerial attacks. 

I've tried both of those and couldn't really get in with them. Might give them another go, or pick someone else at random to try.

Hadn't a "quick go" last night and spent two hours doing the Towers of Time. It's funny, I was totally non plused with these at launch, but I'm really enjoying them now. Did some stupid things to maximize points - mostly performing a Mercy with fuck all health left and then losing. But it was still great to play.

I've got about two million Koins at present, so I've started spending a bit of time opening everything I find in the Krypt. I can see Hearts are going to be the first thing I'll run out of...

Realised something last might: there doesn't seem to be any stage fatalities, which must be a first for the series? Or have I just not found any?

Ditto on the Towers of Time - didn't see the appeal but now I do a least a few every day. Getting into that top completion percentage is very compulsive.

Have a 50/50 win ratio online. Good netkode. Keep forgetting about the defensive meter. Annoying that the rolls are on L2, but the air breakaway on R2, keep confusing myself.

Mainly play Cage, Raiden and Sub Zero, and it's so much easier to win with Sub Zero than the other two it's not even funny. The amped slide krushing blow does an insane amount of damage.

Loads of fun though. I think it's Netherealm's best game yet. The characters exude such style especially in the intros and outros and it's a beautiful looking game in HDR. All parts of the presentation are wonderful, though Krypt in X I enjoyed way more. The Krypt in this one , outside of the initial exploration which is admittedly quite cool, is a pain in the arse. There's shit everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Most of this stuff is completely and utterly pointless - and don't get me started on those fire breathing spiders that exist only to slow the boring , repetitive, mind numbing process of opening chests with the same animations again and again. If there was actually some meaningful combat outside of the same hammer swing over and over and over and over it could have been quite the neat diversion from the main game.

Also it makes me laugh when you break a pot or kill a spider and get 8 koins when the cheapest chest is like 2000. GEE THANKS!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

Yeah the stage fatalities will likely be added later. There's at least one stage Brutality with an interactive animal skull.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of stage Brutalities so far...

Fuck Erron Black and his broken as fuck dropkick. Full screen 50/50 that looks like a low but can hit overhead, goes under most projectiles, is safe and so fast that it's hard to react online. And it's not even a special! You can be beating one of them and then they just spam that shit to win super cheaply. 

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

Fuck Erron Black and his broken as fuck dropkick. Full screen 50/50 that looks like a low but can hit overhead, goes under most projectiles, is safe and so fast that it's hard to react online. And it's not even a special! You can be beating one of them and then they just spam that shit to win super cheaply. 

I looked into what Baraka can do to punish this mid-screen after blocking the low part and his forward+triangle, square chain seems good; you can press triangle again for more damage or do an augmented fireball for a bit more damage or Fatal Blow if you have it.

Been enjoying the combo breaker tournament, SonicFox lost shockingly early so has been working the very long way through the loser's route in spectacular fashion, his match vs Semij was a hell of a game. 

Although now I bet my frequent Skarlet wins will plummet as everyone starts using her, it's very obvious I only win with her because she isn't widely used so no one is familiar with how tricksy you can be :lol:

23 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

How do i open the flaming chests?

I have had a google and they simply say "look for flaming lantern pull with scorpions spear"

I don't get any prompts to pull anything?

Ah ok some are quite far away from the actual chests & some require you to wear the blindfold etc.