rllmuk
Revival

Mortal Kombat 11 | April 23rd 2019

11 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Uh, saw a few folk say to use Kustomise to set Sonya's AI behaviour to 30 Rushdown and 30 Combo then let the AI fight Towers of Time for you so I did. She's a brute!

If you can find towers with no stupid modifiers, using the AI is great. However, anything where they're getting constantly bombarded with life draining, unblockable shite and they do about as well as you would.

I use that AI a good bit in Injustice 2 to complete the Multiverse events with characters I don't like. Once they sort out the Towers of Time difficulty, I imagine I'll be doing the same in this.

I got a couple of skins from the AI Battle mode yesterday as well, seemingly only when I won, so it's worth doing those.

• Upvote 1

The story mode is good but I glanced at my phone for one bit and got totally confused. 

Less than 50% in:

Spoiler

Sub Zero and Scorpion - these are the past ones right but not super old ones, so once they made friends but  before they became robots? But they are aware of the robots, although this would have happened after their current point in time from when they were transported forwards?

14 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Jesus Christ, Cassie & Friends can get bent, what a load of unplayable garbage. How are you supposed to beat it when Jacqui's running in every 10 seconds to punch you or shoot you, all the while Takeshi and Kung Jin's stun arrow and explosives are tearing your health bar apart.

Agreed.

I tried that for about an hour yesterday. Best I did was a single round win, where I seemingly just got lucky that the missiles kept missing me, because they absolutely obliterate your health.

There was another tower yesterday which ends with a fight against D'Vorah, who has armour making your attacks halve in power, and at the end of her health bar she gets super armour where she doesn't even react to hits. Oh and she has incredible anti-air and a nearly unlockable teleport and is kombo mad. Allegedly this fight is at a medium difficulty. It took me an hour to beat it, and even then I struggled with the victory only coming from me spamming a Shao Khan assist constantly. The fight against a 'Hard' Geras afterwards was infinitely easier, even with his bullshit quicksand move and obscene perfect blocking.

Apparently the towers have already been rebalanced. Er... I ain't so sure.

4 hours ago, MattKB said:

The story mode is good but I glanced at my phone for one bit and got totally confused. 

Less than 50% in:

Hide contents

Sub Zero and Scorpion - these are the past ones right but not super old ones, so once they made friends but  before they became robots? But they are aware of the robots, although this would have happened after their current point in time from when they were transported forwards?

The whole things fucked. Some characters are linked and if their counterpart dies, they die, yet with others this rule doesn’t exist at all! 

5 hours ago, MattKB said:

Less than 50% in:

Hide contents

Nah, it's actually this:

Spoiler

Scorpion/Hanzo and Sub-Zero II were revanants by the end of MK9 and in the service of Quan Chi/Shinnok. In MKX, the survivors of MK9 (effectively a redone MK 1-3) attack Quan Chi's sanctum and accidentally manage to restore Jax, Scorpion and Sub-Zero back to life. They then spend the next 20 years putting their differences aside and restoring their clans so that they both serve as defenders of Earth (while Jax has a nervous breakdown and struggles with all the horrible shit he did as a revanant until he meets Jacqui's mom and settles down).

Scorpion and Sub's time line basically this:

* Hanzo Hasashi is killed by Bi Han/Sub-Zero I

* Hanzo is raised by Quan Chi as a vengance obsessed revanant, kills Bi Han at the MK1 tournament

* Sub-Zero II (Kuai Liang) enters the second tournament in Outworld, while Sketor begins trying to Borgify all the Lin Kuei ninjas. Smoke escapes, Sub-Zero and Cyrax get 'upgraded'

* Quan Chi raises Bi Han as Noob Saibot

* Cyber Sub-Zero is captured by Team Raiden and his free will restored but is later killed by Sindel on her big ass murder spree

* Scorpion and Sub-Zero continue to serve Quan Chi until they're restored to life in MKX

* Grandmaster Hanzo and Grandmaster Kuai Liang become besties, restore their clans and vow to defend Earth

* Cut to MK11 and it's time for ninja buddy cop adventures. They discover Kronika has pulled Sektor from the past and he beings Borgifying all the new Lin Kuei, with Kuai Liang's apprentice Frost a willing participant

Spoiler if you're not at Scorpion's chapter past 50% yet:

Spoiler

* Hanzo encounters his past self, the MK1-3 era revanant Scorpion, and persuades him to join Team Raiden. D'Vorah then kills Hanzo (FUCK YOU D'VORAH FUCK YOUUUUUU) and past Scorpion takes his place

Confused? You will be!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, carlospie said:

The whole things fucked. Some characters are linked and if their counterpart dies, they die, yet with others this rule doesn’t exist at all! 

Anyone from the present can die while their past self can continue. If anyone's past self is killed, that person ceases to exist. Also if past Sonya, Johnny or Jax are killed, Cassie and/or Jacqui will cease to exist in addition to the present day versions of those guys. If past Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana or Jade are killed, the present day revanant versions will cease to exist.

Plus once you get to the final boss, it's all rather academic

Spoiler

Kronika rewinds/wipes out all recorded history and Fire God Liu Kang is left to create a new destiny for the realms - REBOOT TIME

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

Have they? I thought we were waiting on a patch? Or have we had the patch already?

I think they are doing a patch but they also supposedly did a 'server side tweak' which made some changes apparently, things like reducing opponent health in challenges.

Supposedly that happened last week. I genuinely can't see a difference. Many of the challenge towers are obscenely difficult. There's a challenge at the moment where you fight Scorpion. In fairness this is balanced, I think, for multiple players to take him on. But still you can attempt it as a single player and again, the difficulty is 'Medium'. I tried earlier. I hit him, once, with Liu Kant's enhanced flying kick, which in most fights does a decent chunk of damage. Here? He lost a nearly imperceptible slither of health, about a fifth of the health to get to the first delineation on his health bar. And then killed me in 2 kombos so I got plenty of time to look at his health bar. On 'Medium'. I'm not good at this game, but I can beat a Klassic Tower on Medium.

I'm genuinely at a loss how you can reliably beat the Cassie and Friends tower without getting lucky with a buff or just fluking it. And it seems like a lot of the challenge towers are like that. An awful lot of them seem to just buff the AI's health massively and make them hyper aggressive with near perfect defensive game. Or give them obscene assists.

The balance is way, way off in that element of the game.

Finally beat that Scorpion Tower of Time with a couple of pals. They were doing the bulk of the work, to be honest. I'd come out third, immediately be set on fire, get hit by a fatal blow and explode. Took us half a dozen attempts but we managed it (after switching the better player to the final slot).

I know loads of people complained about the difficulty of these towers but those team based ones are a lot of fun. As a spectating teammate you have a trio of skills with cooldown timers you can use to help, giving health, superarmour or even flicking the opponent away with a skeletal hand if it looks like they're starting a big combo. Kinda reminded me of those war of attrition bosses in Destiny everyone pretends to enjoy.  A fun time.

23 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Jesus Christ, Cassie & Friends can get bent, what a load of unplayable garbage. How are you supposed to beat it when Jacqui's running in every 10 seconds to punch you or shoot you, all the while Takeshi and Kung Jin's stun arrow and explosives are tearing your health bar apart.

YES!

It's not just be tearing my hair out trying to beat this shit. 

I have even tried using all kind of konsumables and still can't get more than one round on her. 

Finished the story mode last night, it's absoluetly awesome, much better than X's and on a par with MK9. It's totally over the top and absurd but never less than ludicrously entertaining. Brilliant. PS Anyone struggling with the last boss I highly recommend just using quick strings to get corner control and just go hog, don't bother with special moves. Nearly got a flawless this way.

My only question was ..

where the fuck was Johnny in the big battle at the end? You mean to tell me a simple gunshot wound to the leg put him out of commission? As he said about 17 times, the cages defeated Shinnok (don't you know)

Now to spend the next 6 months earning coins to unlock the Krypt. While i Platinumed MKX I can't see me doing that here, there is so much to do there's almost too much KONTENT ^_^

11 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Finally beat that Scorpion Tower of Time with a couple of pals. They were doing the bulk of the work, to be honest. I'd come out third, immediately be set on fire, get hit by a fatal blow and explode. Took us half a dozen attempts but we managed it (after switching the better player to the final slot).

I know loads of people complained about the difficulty of these towers but those team based ones are a lot of fun. As a spectating teammate you have a trio of skills with cooldown timers you can use to help, giving health, superarmour or even flicking the opponent away with a skeletal hand if it looks like they're starting a big combo. Kinda reminded me of those war of attrition bosses in Destiny everyone pretends to enjoy.  A fun time.

Tried last night with 2 level 39/40 randoms, got him about 50% down. I went third. Got wrecked.

Also his difficulty level is Medium. Fucking Medium??? If thats the case I'm Easy or V Easy all the way, its outrageous how fast he is!

2 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Tried last night with 2 level 39/40 randoms, got him about 50% down. I went third. Got wrecked.

Also his difficulty level is Medium. Fucking Medium??? If thats the case I'm Easy or V Easy all the way, its outrageous how fast he is!

Oh it's definitely brutal, especially for whoever goes third. The frequency and intensity of the environment hazards increases until it's an absolute hellscape. The last player is just permanently on fire with their health being drained.

The difficulty must refer to the AI itself, which is no real trouble on it's own. You can repeatedly jump and kick him and he'll very seldom block. But he barely needs to attack you anyway since there are whirlwind infernos and bloody rockets to contend with.

Easiest way to earn a massive amount of coins, time crystals and hearts for the Krypt:

1. Go to Kustomize

2. Pick Noob Saibot (most OP character)

3. Edit AI to Maniac Preset and save

4. Go to Klassic Towers and then Endless

5. Pick Noob Saibot but turn AI on

6. Make a cuppa

Basically, he just keeps winning over and over and also performs a Fatality every time earning you those precious hearts.  Plus you can do other shit while he's earning you all those, but unfortunately you have to stay close by to press Kontinue in between rounds.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have a sure fire way of getting some skeleton keys in the Krypt?

I need one to open a door to get another key item but i cant find a reliable guide on the net to find a way to get some more. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Does anyone have a sure fire way of getting some skeleton keys in the Krypt?

I need one to open a door to get another key item but i cant find a reliable guide on the net to find a way to get some more. 

The best advice is to open some chests I think. In my experience they only appear in low - mid cost chests. I had been ignoring any chests sub-10k but last night started opening up everything over 2k and picked up 6 keys very quickly from 2 - 5k chests. But as those chests are randomly arranged it's a gamble.

The only guaranteed key is in one of the chests in the first area you enter in the krypt, where you collect the hammer.

12 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Easiest way to earn a massive amount of coins, time crystals and hearts for the Krypt:

1. Go to Kustomize

6. Make a cuppa

Basically, he just keeps winning over and over and also performs a Fatality every time earning you those precious hearts.  Plus you can do other shit while he's earning you all those, but unfortunately you have to stay close by to press Kontinue in between rounds.

Do you need to hit a button to continue after each fight?

20 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Anyone on the Xbone fancy giving the Scorpion Co-Op tower ago?

I've tried with randoms a few times now and the closest we've got is a quarter left. 

I'd be willing to give this a go, not sure when I can get on though. Or how much use I'll be.

21 hours ago, Omizzay said:

1. Go to Kustomize

6. Make a cuppa

This is hilariously op

Anyone wants to save a ludicrous amount of grinding, Google krypt heads glitch before it gets patched. I got them all in just over 20 minutes. It's meant to take over 1250 fatalities to do it legit (50 per character x 25) 

I like that you can see if your opponent is using a wireless connection but unfortunately Ranked doesn't let you choose to decline when they are; hopefully they patch it to let you filter out wireless players entirely.

15 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Anyone wants to save a ludicrous amount of grinding, Google krypt heads glitch before it gets patched. I got them all in just over 20 minutes. It's meant to take over 1250 fatalities to do it legit (50 per character x 25) 

I haven't done anything in the Krypt yet. How far in for I find these?

17 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Gonna smash that tonight.

No idea how to even to that legit.