Edge #327 | Nintendo

On 06/12/2018 at 16:09, Qazimod said:

Okay, this is awkward. Different people are allowed to have different opinions and all, but the varied pacing that gets criticised in the closing paragraphs was perhaps the thing I praised the most in my own rambling. I agree that it's very jarring at first, but I also think it's a neat way of toying with the formula without ruining it, and the "learning" is all part of it (in my own rambling I've likened it to learning structures of songs when playing a musical instrument.)

Completely agree. Learning when the fast bits are coming up and then knowing if you can just last long enough you'll get a breather really makes Journey mode what it is. And of course having those shifts in speed match the music is an essential part of the experience.

The only reasons I've not played it much recently are that I'm not very good at it, and I could do with a bigger TV or VR to appreciate it fully. Otherwise it would be a long term favourite for sure. 

My copy came through the door the other day. It’s my first issue since my sub was moved over from GamesTM following its closure.

I’ve only read a couple of bits so far and I’ve enjoyed those. What’s happened to the layout, though? It’s been almost 20 years since I read Edge. It looks so drab; pages and pages of text with nothing to break it up.

On 06/12/2018 at 13:11, Jamie John said:

Surprised at the Smash score. I was expecting a 7. Looking forward to the piece on TLG.

I find Smash fascinating. I don't really like the game personally but my word it has so much content I wanted to get it. We had the Wii U game for my daughter and I just used to enjoy the remixed music! 

7 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

£6.50 is a one-off (all Future mags do a ‘premium’ issue from time to time). The new regular cover price is £6. Not sure how that translates to euros I’m afraid. 

So the calender is not a free gift then as such...seems a very random thing for Future to do.

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Any other Android subscribers not had their copy through Google News yet? It's been in time for the last few months but this issue is delayed.

Android/Newsstand subscriber here and this issue is available right now for me, no problems. Dunno how long it's been available though.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Android/Newsstand subscriber here and this issue is available right now for me, no problems. Dunno how long it's been available though.

Just realised that Google had signed me out for some reason so the latest issue wasn't showing. My bad!