IGNORED

Who here doesn't care about the Switch and why?

NEG

Can't really believe how shit the Switch has been this year. After how grear last year was! We get Mario Tennis and fucking Kirby. My kids have totally lost interest in it and quite frankly I'm amazed it seems to be selling well. Smash Brothers can fuck off. Everytime I try one it's always exactly as I expect it to be. Random bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Almost clicked on one when I got a pay rise in August and wanted something portable, but shit am I glad I went for a laptop instead. I only really wanted Xenoblade 2 and that other JRPG with the fancy retro graphics.

Yeah, if what you needed was a laptop, a Switch would have been a big disappointment.

5 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Not tried it.

On a serious note, I can’t imagine any game that runs better as a portable experience on a laptop than a Switch. And by portable experience I mean you can play it easily and comfortably while commuting, and by a game I don’t mean Football Manager.

Just now, ZOK said:

On a serious note, I can’t imagine any game that runs better as a portable experience on a laptop than a Switch. And by portable I mean you can play it easily and comfortably while commuting, and by a game I don’t mean Football Manager.

Can you play Switch whilst driving?

Portable is different for different people. For me it's something I can take to work when I have the office to myself and take when visiting parents and in-laws or staying in hotels.

Just now, Gizamaluke said:

Can you play Switch whilst driving?

Portable is different for different people. For me it's something I can take to work when I have the office to myself and take when visiting parents and in-laws or staying in hotels.

Hey - you can do all those things on a Switch! It’s like a truly portable device.

What games are you playing on your laptop?

36 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Almost clicked on one when I got a pay rise in August and wanted something portable, but shit am I glad I went for a laptop instead. I only really wanted Xenoblade 2 and that other JRPG with the fancy retro graphics.

Xenoblade 2 isn't a patch on the first.

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

Hey - you can do all those things on a Switch! It’s like a truly portable device.

What games are you playing on your laptop?

Mainly flitting between Ring of Elysium and The Division. Got a bit of a snowy/shooty thing going on. Also trying to finish up Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana and having the odd drive about on Forza Horizon 4.

What are you playing on Switch?

I haven't turned on my switch in months - nothing to play on it. Had fun with Mario Kart, Zelda, odyssey and Splatoon but the yearly fee for online just killed any interest I had.

Also 99% of the games on the store are shite.

13 hours ago, NEG said:

Does anyone remain on Rllmuk who doesn't own or want one? I doubt there's anyone on this forum except for the remaining few Xbox fanboys at a guess.

Am I wrong?

Or have you joined the Wii U ports and 10 year old indie games bandwagon like everyone else? ^_^

BwGVmpp.gif

Just now, Gizamaluke said:

Mainly flitting between Ring of Elysium and The Division. Got a bit of a snowy/shooty thing going on. Also trying to finish up Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana and having the odd drive about on Forza Horizon 4.

What are you playing on Switch?

You can get a laptop and controllers that will run all those for the price of the Switch? I don’t follow PC gaming, but that’s impressive I admit.

I am playing Breath of the Wild - I’m around 295 hours in.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Considering there's got to be fucking thousands that still leaves a pretty desirable 1%

I never understand this point anyway - 99% of games on all platforms are shite, in my view. No-one has to ever play them. 

But we probably don’t all agree on which are the good ones that make up the 1%, and which are the shite ones that make up the 99%.

Just now, ZOK said:

I never understand this point anyway - 99% of games on all platforms are shite, in my view. No-one has to ever play them. 

But we probably don’t all agree on which are the good ones that make up the 1%, and which are the shite ones that make up the 99%.

Exactly - 99.9% of games on Steam are shite ergo PC's have no games and are shite.

4 minutes ago, ZOK said:

You can get a laptop and controllers that will run all those for the price of the Switch? I don’t follow PC gaming, but that’s impressive I admit.

I am playing Breath of the Wild - I’m around 295 hours in.

I already have controllers that are compatible and a back catalogue of 300 games for it. All the games I'm playing are free or already owned.

Switch £280

Pro Controller £60

4 games = £150

= Price of my laptop.