Jump to content
IGNORED

Epic Games Store


Bojangle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Went for DS as in terms of discount on a game I wanted to play it was the biggest.  

 

Not sure I'll like Disco Elysium.  I'd assume it's a Interplay style RPG and I always bounce off those.  

 

Also not sure about Hades.  Wanted to like their prior games and didn't

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

If you have the original Crysis I'd steer clear of the remaster. It's based on console code and looks worse at times than the pc game and has an entire level missing.

 

Ascension was added at the start of April.

 

No comment on the rest, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

Went for DS as in terms of discount on a game I wanted to play it was the biggest.  

 

Not sure I'll like Disco Elysium.  I'd assume it's a Interplay style RPG and I always bounce off those.  

 

Also not sure about Hades.  Wanted to like their prior games and didn't


I didn’t like their previous games, bounced right off of them. Hades however, it’s one of those games that feels right - really enjoying it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, AlexM said:


I didn’t like their previous games, bounced right off of them. Hades however, it’s one of those games that feels right - really enjoying it. 

 

Guess for a fiver I shall take a punt then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, milko said:

Huntdown is pretty cheap done this way!

 

Am I right in thinking it's one of those coupons where you get another one as soon as you use it?

 

I did. Not sure if there are any rules surrounding that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

 

Ascension was added at the start of April.

 

No comment on the rest, though. 

Yep. Even with that level added back, it's a horrendous mess and a deeply disappointing version of a wonderful game. In the same way that the Silent Hill HD Collection is a strong contender for "worst remaster ever", this embarrassing pile of shite is the worst remake I've ever seen. I loved the original :(

 

I have no idea why Digital Foundry has such a hard on for this game, it's utter utter shit. Goddammit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, artz said:

This sale is rubbish. They should either take the £10 off before purchase or give us vouchers we would use, such as CD Keys.

The £10 off is taken before purchase via a voucher. Most of the games on sale are significantly cheaper than CD keys and a significantly higher portion goes to developers as Epic is footing the cost for the discount. I would recommend buying from Epic via the sale to support the devs as well as saving money. So far I've got Mafia Remastered and Death Stranding for a total of £23. On cdkeys both would cost me closer to £40 right now and the devs would get significantly less

 

🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, artz said:

Not so rubbish then!

If for some reason the voucher is not already there in your account if you add the current free game to your library (NBA2K21) it will definitely get added

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Not sure I'll like Disco Elysium.  I'd assume it's a Interplay style RPG and I always bounce off those.  

It's not really like anything. It's technically an isometric CRPG, but there's no combat and your stats affect aspects of your personality (which also talk to you). It feels a bit like a point and click adventure.

 

It's also really, really good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Mogster said:

It's not really like anything. It's technically an isometric CRPG, but there's no combat and your stats affect aspects of your personality (which also talk to you). It feels a bit like a point and click adventure.

 

It's also really, really good.

 

It's OK. It feels a bit like marking an undergraduate essay at times where they were told to write 1500 words on a topic and ran out of things to say at about 1200. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, milko said:

Huntdown is pretty cheap done this way!

 

Am I right in thinking it's one of those coupons where you get another one as soon as you use it?

Previously, in order to get another coupon, your total spend after the voucher has been applied will get you another one - so you still need to spend £14 after the voucher is applied. 

 

I don't know if that is the case on this one, but the terms and conditions will tell you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought Huntdown for £4.39 and got another voucher, it's all good. Don't need to think of complex combo chains to work through your wishlist any more, I do remember when that was the case though :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

 

I've been looking at this. Tell me more.

 

It piqued my interest because I saw it described as a match 3 game, but it's not. You use your big sword to carve a path through basic baddies of the same colour. Get a chain of 10 or more and a grindstone drops onto the map afterwards (which gets bigger for every 5 extra you chain on). Going through a grindstone lets you switch the colour of baddies you're going through, so you can build up huge combos. There are different types of obstacles and bigger baddies which you need to build up a certain length of chain to go through, and when killed/destroyed they also drop items you can move through as part of your next chain, regardless of which colour you're currently on. Usually you have to kill a set number of baddies to open up the exit, after which it gets harder (the basic baddies aggro after a certain number of turns and will hit you if you end a chain next to them) but adds more objectives for you to try to complete before you leave. Did I even mention the equipment yet? Or the music when the exit opens, which reminds me of The Door from the Chernobyl soundtrack crossed with Resi 4's island combat music? Doesn't matter. TL;DR it's one of the most satisfyingly-designed puzzle games I've ever played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh shit, I didn't realise Grindstone was made by Capybara Studios - best known for Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery and Super Time Force, but who should actually be best known for the incredible Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, aka. quietly one of the best single-player puzzle games I've played (and also among the odder spin-off concepts for a series that I can think of).

 

What I'm saying is, Grindstone is getting bought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Oh shit, I didn't realise Grindstone was made by Capybara Studios - best known for Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery and Super Time Force, but who should actually be best known for the incredible Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, aka. quietly one of the best single-player puzzle games I've played (and also among the odder spin-off concepts for a series that I can think of).

 

What I'm saying is, Grindstone is getting bought.

 

Wow, I did not realise that. Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is a stone cold classic - they can have my money for Grindstone too!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Previously, in order to get another coupon, your total spend after the voucher has been applied will get you another one - so you still need to spend £14 after the voucher is applied. 

 

I don't know if that is the case on this one, but the terms and conditions will tell you. 

 

That isn't right currently as I spent £11.99 after voucher on my first game and still had the voucher repeat itself for my next purchase of £10.99 and I still have the voucher for next purchase etc.

 

As long as each purchase is £13.99 before the voucher discount it will repeat. I've also done in previous sales as I picked up Hades/John Wick etc for a few quid each with the repeating voucher. They might have changed it on one of the previous sales though but its back to how it was the first time :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.