Jump to content

Epic Games Store


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

 

Huh? I got the vanilla AC Odyssey for £6.49 with the tenner off voucher as it was £16.49 without it, so have they made the DLC version £14.74?

 

Well Ubisoft being Ubisoft I'm not entirely sure what dlc comes with it, but it's the deluxe edition here:

 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/assassins-creed-origins-deluxe-edition-474-with-coupon-3464147

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Benny said:

Might save that £10 off for Cyberpunk 2077.

 

There's no need!  If you buy anything for $14.99 (annoyingly the info is all in $s) you just get another voucher.  They only last until November though.  When is Cyberpunk 2077 likely to come out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I think so, Epic uses Google Authenticator afaik. Don't know how much of a bother that is for you, but it really is far, far, FAR more secure than just using a password. So it really is for the best.

Looks like it's time to get a mobile :(  Damn things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got AC Odyssey for £6.49. I haven't long stared an NG+ play of it on PS4, but I have to admit the poorly frame-paced 30fps is offputting until you get used to it. Now to see how it is on PC...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thor said:

I also got AC Odyssey for £6.49. I haven't long stared an NG+ play of it on PS4, but I have to admit the poorly frame-paced 30fps is offputting until you get used to it. Now to see how it is on PC...

 

It's better.

 

Definitely not perfect, so prepare yourself a little bit for a bit of stuttering going on. 

 

But...lighting effects - especially in the beginning section in the tomb is really rather lovely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JoeK said:

 

It's better.

 

Definitely not perfect, so prepare yourself a little bit for a bit of stuttering going on. 

 

But...lighting effects - especially in the beginning section in the tomb is really rather lovely.

Yeah I just put it on, and holy fuck it is better than on PS4! Now to see if I'm able to import someone else's save to play NG+. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theredstar said:

Probably not. I found it frustrating, janky and hollow, and I think the devs have moved on, so it won't get any better. I only played a couple of hours, but it was enough to put me off. 

 

I mean, it's only £6, but I'd argue that there are better uses of your time and money

Bought it but haven't played it yet but it's apparently a different experience now: https://www.rune2.com/lazarus/  Big free update start of this month. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, theredstar said:

Probably not. I found it frustrating, janky and hollow, and I think the devs have moved on, so it won't get any better. I only played a couple of hours, but it was enough to put me off. 

 

I mean, it's only £6, but I'd argue that there are better uses of your time and money

 

Thanks. It would've been buying for buying's sake anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2020 at 12:43, Thor said:

I also got AC Odyssey for £6.49. I haven't long stared an NG+ play of it on PS4, but I have to admit the poorly frame-paced 30fps is offputting until you get used to it. Now to see how it is on PC...

 

It's worth noting that you can also use one of the £10 vouchers on the season pass and get all the DLC for £6.99.  :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be down to Aspyr's having the rights - they publish most of their ports as well as developing them I think.

 

I haven't had to use 2FA yet, has anyone else?

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to another hastily-deleted Tweet on Epic's account (anyone would think they did this on purpose...) Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (which comprises Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel, but not 1 or 3) is this week's free game. Unlocks around 4pm.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

46 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

According to another hastily-deleted Tweet on Epic's account (anyone would think they did this on purpose...) Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (which comprises Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel, but not 1 or 3) is this week's free game. Unlocks around 4pm.

And I will enjoy this so much again!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was the first time I decided to actually but something on the Epic Store. Saw Control in the sale and thought why not as £23 was actually quite cheap and I wanted to play it. Went through to the checkout and it knocked another £10 off :blink: Maybe it was to celebrate my first purchase or something, but securing the game for only £13 is an absolute steal. As someone else has mentioned, no doubt it will instantly be uploaded to Game Pass, but for the money I paid I can't really say I've lost out on much.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tronied said:

Yesterday was the first time I decided to actually but something on the Epic Store. Saw Control in the sale and thought why not as £23 was actually quite cheap and I wanted to play it. Went through to the checkout and it knocked another £10 off :blink: Maybe it was to celebrate my first purchase or something, but securing the game for only £13 is an absolute steal. As someone else has mentioned, no doubt it will instantly be uploaded to Game Pass, but for the money I paid I can't really say I've lost out on much.

It's part of their sale. £10 off anything £13.99 or over. And you get another voucher each time you buy a qualifying game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tronied said:

Yesterday was the first time I decided to actually but something on the Epic Store. Saw Control in the sale and thought why not as £23 was actually quite cheap and I wanted to play it. Went through to the checkout and it knocked another £10 off :blink: Maybe it was to celebrate my first purchase or something, but securing the game for only £13 is an absolute steal. As someone else has mentioned, no doubt it will instantly be uploaded to Game Pass, but for the money I paid I can't really say I've lost out on much.

I done the same and i'm loving the game so far. I get a real Fringe TV series vibe from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

I done the same and i'm loving the game so far. I get a real Fringe TV series vibe from it.

 

It's been mentioned in the Control thread a few times, but it's hugely inspired by the SCP Foundation. While a lot of the SCP case files are a bit naff, there's some excellent stuff in there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else get this today? Says some bollocks about “you probably used the same password as another site” which I didn’t.


It is legit.


D3D6CB02-8C6B-4F15-83F0-091C2CCB8995.jpeg.62170c8067a6c6a4fa10f4b7aada43a8.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

People try to access Epic Accounts all the time ever since Fortnite. Use 2FA.

 

I already do.

 

EDIT: the rest of the email was:

 

Quote

You’re receiving this email because we noticed suspicious activity on your Epic Games account. Most often, the cause of this type of activity is the result of using the same password on multiple websites, use of a weak password, or phishing. 

To keep your account safe, we’ve initiated a password reset, so you’ll need to change the password before logging in again. Below you’ll find helpful tips to ensure your account remains secure! 

 

If the password is weak then Chrome's built-in secure password generator needs some work. Ditto if it's not unique. And phishing wouldn't work because 1) 2FA and 2) I'd have to go and find the password rather than it auto-fill.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.