rllmuk
Bojangle

Epic Games Store

1 hour ago, Goose said:

Today is Shadow Tactics, with tomorrow being The Talos Principle.

I thought The Talos Principle, but it’s not on the store. Perhaps they’re launching it tomorrow at the same time? :unsure:

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

I thought The Talos Principle, but it’s not on the store. Perhaps they’re launching it tomorrow at the same time? :unsure:

That’s been the case for pretty much every game they’ve given away free previously...

(exceptions are the repeats and Little Inferno every other freebie was added to the store as free before getting a price tag)

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Shadow Tactics is excellent btw, well worth it for free :)

Yep - Commandos: Feudal Japan is great, one of the best games in a giveaway that has been filled with great titles.

Quick question.  How do I set the region for uk?  Currently it's showing everything in $.  Or do I just go and buy it?  Quite fancy Assassins Creed for a tenner (with voucher) but steams store is so much easier to use.

Bit weird to end with the old Darksiders games and let that be the last impression you leave people with after putting so much effort into luring folks with free stuff. Great games of course, but they're old and have been given away free on every service going and been discounted down to a few quid umpteen times. Surely they're not attracting new customers with those?

Not that I mind of course, I'm already happy with so much free stuff, just wondering what the marketing logic behind it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

PC techie folk, I've shortcutted Yooka Laylee to Steam from the Epic launcher and it says I have to sign into the Epic Store. I had to put -EpicPortal in the launch options to get it to even start to open. Outward and Hades are both on the Epic launcher and launched through steam and work fine. Any thoughts?

The epic games launcher inexplicably doesn't automatically install games after downloading them, as I just discovered after downloading Darksiders last night and going to play it this morning.

Rubbish design.

17 minutes ago, Isaac said:

The epic games launcher inexplicably doesn't automatically install games after downloading them, as I just discovered after downloading Darksiders last night and going to play it this morning.

Rubbish design.

I'd rather that design to be honest because not everyone will want to install after purchase.  But there should be a checkbox for those that do.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, simms said:

I'd rather that design to be honest because not everyone will want to install after purchase.  But there should be a checkbox for those that do.

But why would you download the game without installing it?

The free games for instance, I download them as they are only available for free for a limited time but will not play straight away.  Same for a game I buy in a sale.  I'm sure I'm not the only that has a pile of untouched games...

27 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Rubbish design.

It does pop up and ask you if you want to install after you complete your purchase

2 minutes ago, simms said:

The free games for instance, I download them as they are only available for free for a limited time but will not play straight away.  Same for a game I buy in a sale.  I'm sure I'm not the only that has a pile of untouched games...

:unsure:

You don't have to download them, just add them to your account. Once added to your account they are free to download and play forever.

I can't think of a single instance where you'd want a game downloaded but not installed....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

:unsure:

You don't have to download them, just add them to your account. Once added to your account they are free to download and play forever.

I can't think of a single instance where you'd want a game downloaded but not installed....

oh sorry I see now.