JPR

Steam Secret Santa 2018

I've just sent out all the keys for Picrastination to everyone. I hope you enjoy, and have a smashing Christmas. :)

caribou01.thumb.jpg.7b852b97a5eaf360254122b9e8fc6f2e.jpg

(I was going to do this on Christmas Eve, but then thought it would be better to leave that for your actual Secret Santa gifts.)

• Upvote 7

Of course, if anyone fancies leaving us some feedback on Shudder - liked, disliked, loved, hated etc etc - the thread is here... 

As ever, all feedback is welcome to make it better.

• Upvote 2

On 20/12/2018 at 19:44, PC Master Race said:

Just sorted out my gifts, and not a single copy of Bad Rats or dubious Anime game among them!

Isn't that because Fallout 76 is the new Bad Rats?

• Upvote 1

On 22/12/2018 at 16:38, MarkN said:

I've just sent out all the keys for Picrastination to everyone. I hope you enjoy, and have a smashing Christmas. :)

caribou01.thumb.jpg.7b852b97a5eaf360254122b9e8fc6f2e.jpg

(I was going to do this on Christmas Eve, but then thought it would be better to leave that for your actual Secret Santa gifts.)

23 hours ago, APM said:

Of course, if anyone fancies leaving us some feedback on Shudder - liked, disliked, loved, hated etc etc - the thread is here... 

As ever, all feedback is welcome to make it better.

Thanks to you both, an unexpected surprise. Merry Christmas!

• Upvote 2

Omfg thank you so much for XCOM 2 and DUSK, Santa! :omg:

And Dusk in particular should be perfect for some cozy Christmas gaming! :D

• Upvote 7

Santa's sack could no longer contain what was within!

Thank you mystery person for:

Dusk - This is a good un' as I have been playing a bunch of Brutal Doom recently. Good ol' 90's ultraviolence.

EDF 4.1 - EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

Slay The Spire - Absolutely no idea on this one. Mystery Game huzzah!

Super House of the Dead Ninjas - Ninjas!

• Upvote 7

Two very lovely games (or so I've heard) have winged (wung? Weng? Wang!?) their way to me: SOTN-like Timespinner, and beat-em-up Fight'n Rage - two games I've really been looking forward to trying, and as an added bonus both actually have a chance of running on the laptop I'm using while visiting family, so are perfect for this Christmas week. Particularly ideal this Christmas, in fact, as having just reached the recovery stage of my cold, I've arrived into a household of vomiting sicknesses (with one whole bathroom to share); these will be perfect as I hole up in my bedroom!

In summary: my Santa is clearly the real deal - thank you so much!

• Upvote 7

Gifts!

I received:

Curses 'n' Chaos - I only recently added this to my wishlist as I remembered I missed out on the PS+ giveaway ...and I love Tribute Games and any G 'n' G style things.

Bloodstained: CotM - this is at a bargainous price of about £6 at the moment so I expect it will be in a few other lists! :D Again, I thoroughly enjoy classic 'vania so this should be fun.

Jamestown & DLC! - I'd been meaning to get this for ages, so now I can finally see where all the praise comes from.

Massive thanks to my Santa! And of course to @JPR for arranging this. :wub: 

• Upvote 5

Fucking awesome, thanks so much Secret Santa for

Into The Breach

Android Assault Cactus

Prey - Mooncrash

Paratopic

Dungeon Of The Endless

Honestly really very generous of you, thanks so much! 

Merry Xmas everyone :)

• Upvote 7

Big thanks to Santa!

Got Witcher 3 GOTY edition, had it on my list for ages but never got around to getting it

Also got Slime Rancher, always loved the look of this so great to be able to give it a go!

Thank you Santa, much appreciated!

And a big shout out to JPR as usual for sacrificing his Christmas Eve to sort us all out!

• Upvote 9

:: opens chest ::

Three goodies!

Wonster Boy: The Dragon's Trap: Whoo! Not one I actually originally played on the Master System, but from playing an hour of it on the Switch I'm well aware of it's awesomeness. Don't mind owning multiple copies, at least this one means there'll be achievements to unlock! It's no secret (why would it be) that the Master System was my first console, so it's heartwarming in a sense to be gifted a game from my youth's console, so to speak.

Killer Instinct: I'll be honest, I've never played any Killer Instinct game. I even bought the N64 version recently to check it out, was a Rare developed game after all, and the combos always looked silly awesome in videos, haven't gotten around to it. I just knew this version was feature complete for a fighting game compared to...others in the genre these days, thus has stayed put on my wishlist for a good while. Will be interesting to learn a fighter that isn't, well, Street Fighter (and I certainly still have my arcade stick for it!). Might actually push my RX580 a tad too, considering the stuff I play doesn't tend to. Exciting!

Cuphead: Ah, now, this thing has been on my wishlist practically since it's announcement and was on top of the wishlist pretty much forever, too. (only getting pushed to 2nd place recently, and that was more for lawls on my part). I heart retro platformers, and I also heart difficulty. I also heart classic cartoons. About the only reason I hadn't bought it myself yet has been more of a 'saving for the right time', as this kind of game comes rarely. Considering I bought a 8bitdo snes style controller recently, I'm willing to bet the controller and this game will go hand in hand very shortly indeed! Perfect timing. :) (same goes for Wonder Boy)

Cheers Santa, much appreciated. :)

Have a great day all.

Brucie Bonus: It's worth remembering the 2 extra goodies everyone got this year -

Picrastination: I am a big Picross fan. In fact, Picross 3D 2 was one of the only titles I bought for the 3DS this year. That doesn't mean much on it's own, I know, but when you know someone who actually goes out of their way to play Picross when there's a literal hundred other things to play, you know they're a fan. Look forward to putting this on. :)

Shudder: I'm...not actually sure what kind of game this is. But if it's like Geometry Wars....well...let's just say I've played hundreds of hours of Geometry Wars. Hype!

• Upvote 7

Thanks Santa! Got a great amount of games and some cities skylines dlc so I'll probably spend an age when i get back to my pc making towns with unnecessary pedestrian walkways. Huzzah!

Westerado has always intrigued me too, so glad that one was chosen from my list. 

Merry Christmas rllmuk and many thanks to jpr as ever and i fucked up the buying bit somehow too so apologies if i made it harder. 

Christmas gifts will only be downhill from here. 

• Upvote 5

Woah, thanks so much Santa, a lovely bundle!

Wulverblade - a 2D scrolling beat-'em-up which is a genre I've been eyeing up for a while and this one seems to have good reviews - so looking forward to smashing people in the face when I'm back at my PC on Boxing Day.

Simulacra - I've been expanding my gaming horizons a fair bit this year, trying a lot of genres I wouldn't normally touch and this - a lost phone game - is definitely something I'm very interested in.

Nioh - Complete edition - Was rather jealous of this when I saw it launch on PS4 as it is the type of game I enjoy and traditionally the PC never really got. That situation has changed in the last few years though (hoorah!) so this is a real treat! Hopefully it's not too hard for my terrible gaming skills :D

This is a very generous - and very much appreciated - Xmas gift - thank you Santa for getting the day off to a great start (and JPR as always for organising!)

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Two very lovely games (or so I've heard) have winged (wung? Weng? Wang!?) their way to me: SOTN-like Timespinner, and beat-em-up Fight'n Rage - two games I've really been looking forward to trying, and as an added bonus both actually have a chance of running on the laptop I'm using while visiting family, so are perfect for this Christmas week. Particularly ideal this Christmas, in fact, as having just reached the recovery stage of my cold, I've arrived into a household of vomiting sicknesses (with one whole bathroom to share); these will be perfect as I hole up in my bedroom!

In summary: my Santa is clearly the real deal - thank you so much!

Just an update on this - Timespinner runs like a dream (and is surprisingly playable with a keyboard), and so far is everything I hoped it would be - absolutely perfect, thank you again Santa! Alas, I need to think about sleeping now, as apparently sleeping in on Christmas Day isn't The Done Thing...

16 minutes ago, NEG said:

Shudder: I'm...not actually sure what kind of game this is.

It's all pretty self explanatory.

It's a 360° one stick, no shooter, conga 'em up.
You're basically a space emergency housing officer who leads homeless space crabs into their new prefab social housing cubes.

Then once they're all inside, you can blow them all up and collect the morality orbs for huge karmic payout.

48 minutes ago, mr_woo said:

Android Assault Cactus

Ooh, somebody has good taste. Until Nex Machina came along, "Assault Android Cactus" was the best twin stick shooter on steam. It's fabulous!

• Upvote 3

Thanks to my Secret Santa and to @JPR for organising!

I was very generously gifted:

Gorogoa

Into the Breach

Garfield Kart

Heat Signature

and Out There Somewhere

Thanks for the generous gifts! Can't wait to get my teeth into these games. Merry Christmas, all!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

Secret Santa done a number on my wishlist, huge thank you for:

Return of the Obra Dinn (Lucas Pope's new thing (creator of Papers, Please))

FAR: Lone Sails (Surprise GOTY contener from The Computer Game Show)

Tacoma (From the creators of Gone Home)
Night In The Woods ( @murray said the ending was "Surprising")

Awareness Rooms (An escape room/severe amnesia puzzle thing)

Narcissu 10th Anniversary (A story about terminal illness - Merry fucking Christmas)

Absolutely delighted - thanks so much whoever you are.

:D

Thanks very much for Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy 7! I swear to god ill beat Sepiroth this time! 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, witchypoos said:

It's all pretty self explanatory.

It's a 360° one stick, no shooter, conga 'em up.
You're basically a space emergency housing officer who leads homeless space crabs into their new prefab social housing cubes.

Then once they're all inside, you can blow them all up and collect the morality orbs for huge karmic payout.

It's like you read my mind when I first designed it!

• Upvote 1

Thanks again Santa! 

Got me Hollow Knight, Celeste and GTA V. Going to hook the front room up to the PC, can't wait! :hug::hug:

As always, many thanks to @JPR for organising:hug:

• Upvote 4

Ooh! Looks like I got:

Lyne - It's a minimalist puzzle game. I've personally never heard of this one before. I think somebody's seen I've been putting in a lot of hours into the Hexcells series recently so I'm hoping this is just as good.

The Talos Principle - Did someone also see I've played a hell of a lot of The Witness too? I love a good roaming puzzler. 

Crypt of the NecroDancer - Another game I've been meaning to get for ages.

Thank you for wading through my wishlist Steam Santa!

• Upvote 4

Escape Goat - Fantastic stuff a mix between VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy. Never heard of it before. Very addictive. Love the music.

Mainlining - Curious. Hacking adventure. Uplink inspired?!

Chime Sharp - Music puzzle game. Never played before. Do love my music games.

STEINS;GATE - Text adventure. Been in my wishlist for a while. Huge fan of the anime.

VA-11 Hall-A: A Cyberpunk Bartender Action - Been on my wishlist for awhile. Looks interesting.

Analogue: A Hate Story & Hate Plus - Another text adventure. Always curious of these both.

Thanks Secret Santa. Good collection of text adventures that I haven't played yet. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Gifts!

I received:

Curses 'n' Chaos - I only recently added this to my wishlist as I remembered I missed out on the PS+ giveaway ...and I love Tribute Games and any G 'n' G style things.

Bloodstained: CotM - this is at a bargainous price of about £6 at the moment so I expect it will be in a few other lists! :D Again, I thoroughly enjoy classic 'vania so this should be fun.

Jamestown & DLC! - I'd been meaning to get this for ages, so now I can finally see where all the praise comes from.

Massive thanks to my Santa! And of course to @JPR for arranging this. :wub: 

I've just set everything installing whilst I do Christmas stuff - they all have nice small file sizes - so when it settles down over here I'll get some time in :) 

• Upvote 1